Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide to Beating Lightspring Easily

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler
Guide to Beating Lightspring Easily

Pherdnut
01.09.2012 , 06:32 PM | #21
Oh I feel so much better now. I killed a lot of Diago droids this weekend. Finally realized letting the girls duke it out for a while was the way to go.
Amurrka, Malfunction, Skeeve, Derp, Deeva, Orinj @Dreshdae Cantina

"QQ!"

Numskll
01.10.2012 , 04:56 PM | #22
This is how I did it

1) Try it with Bowdarr 5 times and die horribly
2) Switched to Corso
3) beat it on first try

Abanoth
01.10.2012 , 07:34 PM | #23
Lightspring is both my favorite questline in the smuggler story due to the insanity of the characters in it and at the same the most annoying fight I've ever done in the game. I died 5 times then got a friend to help me with it: soon as the Sith ***** goes down he's cake.

Hildegrim
01.16.2012 , 01:47 AM | #24
I would have loved to solve this battle on my own but it takes a few deaths to figure out the following dynamics:
  1. The Sith will absolutely crush you if you draw aggro.
  2. Don't think you can heal your companion or yourself through her damage.
  3. Diago will heal the Sith if you break the lift on him.
  4. The Sith AoEs periodically so you can't get close to her to Blaster Whip for Pugnacity or Kolto Pack making energy consumption a challenge if you do try (in vain) to heal through her damage.
  5. The Jedi is virtually indestructible so you can take your time and you don't need to heal her.

If you went Scoundrel, you don't have to kill the droids on the way in. Just hit sneak and stealth past them.

Great battle.

Pulling Diago with the harpoon allows you to kill him easily with just one heal interupt - he spends most of his time under the Jedi's stun. Turn off your taunts before the battle and, once Diago is down, apply damage to the Sith at a reasonable rate and this is cake.

Have fun.

Ikutai
01.16.2012 , 02:16 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Hildegrim View Post
I would have loved to solve this battle on my own but it takes a few deaths to figure out the following dynamics:

Pulling Diago with the harpoon allows you to kill him easily with just one heal interupt - he spends most of his time under the Jedi's stun. Turn off your taunts before the battle and, once Diago is down, apply damage to the Sith at a reasonable rate and this is cake.

Have fun.
This is a good strat. I did it slightly different with good results also.

I used Bowdaar initially in tank stance and passive then pulled diago way back to kill him first. He trys to heal a lot but you have a lot of interrupts. The standard short cd interrupt, stun, and flash grenade. Then I switched him to dps mode with taunts and aoe's off and proceeded to kill the objective.

I guess the best thing to keep in mind is there is no rush once diago is dead. The sith and jedi can fight each other forever with no outside intervention.

ozimmer
01.22.2012 , 01:22 PM | #26
Just did this with 26 gunslinger. My method:

1. Put Corso into passive mode
2. jedi lifts Diago
3. Burst jedi until you get aggro
4. Set Corso to attack so he grabs hate off you
5. Kill jedi.
6. If you're badly hurt or corso drops it doesn't matter as jedi will attack diago and turn him into grey enemy so you can revive corso and recuperate.
7. easy kill on diago.

dadamowsky
01.22.2012 , 04:48 PM | #27
Very easy fight as long as you remember that you have:

3 interrupts (flashbang, kick, and actual interrupt)
Corso's grapling
the other jedi to deal damage

Diago is easy: grapling, interrupt his heals and there you go. Then just take your time, let the rave girls with glow-sticks make their cute catfight, join in when you're bored. Remember to interrupt force abilities as yours CC's are off CD. And claim victory
♠ ♥ ♦ ♣

Loseriticus
01.25.2012 , 12:25 AM | #28
Thanks for the tip. I could not understand why my level 30 gunslinger kept getting her rear kicked by this. I was attacking the Sith first, and if I did it properly, I would wipe her out fairly quick. By then however, Corso was (soon) dead, and it was me and the Jedi taking on Diago. At this point I thought I had it in the bag, but I just about did zero damage against him. I was blasting away, the Jedi was blasting away (at least it looked like it), and he just stood there and laughed in my face basically. And I'd end up thinking, "What just happened?"

Then I tried your method and it was indeed easy as pie.

Sogui
01.25.2012 , 04:38 AM | #29
I didn't lose any health and Corso was only as half-hp without ever using all-in. How is this fight even a challenge?

pEEtrsCZ
01.25.2012 , 05:42 AM | #30
Bah, I'm not saying OPs plan wouldn't work. But the only thing I'm going to add is, that all you need to finish this fight is to start with Diego (and completely ignore the Sith) and then kill Sith.

Until I realized this I died around 5 times in there.