Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide to Beating Lightspring Easily

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Guide to Beating Lightspring Easily

Zaodon
12.28.2011 , 03:02 PM | #1
There is a trick to this encounter that makes it very easy to beat. The fight starts off with Jedi vs Jedi, and Diago up in the air via Force Lift. You are not yet in combat.

Step 1: Move away from the fight (at least 60-90 meters) (** see below)
Step 2: "Pull" Diago away from the Jedi fight (* see below)
Step 3: Kill Diago easily
Step 4: Heal to full, get your energy back, apply stims, etc.
Step 5: Kill Jedi
Step 6: Profit

* "Pulling" is a technique in MMOs where you shoot an enemy then run backwards, forcing it to chase you far from its starting point.

** Diago is a chump when he is not standing within range of the Jedi fight. Once you realize this, the encounter becomes laughably trivial to solo. I set up my Companion behind the bridge you crossed to get to the encounter, and put him in Passive mode. I then went within 30m, shot Diago once, then ran across the bridge. Once he arrived, well out of range of the Jedi fight, I put my Companion back to attack mode and ate Diago's lunch.

Mitchyslick
12.28.2011 , 03:26 PM | #2
Thats odd. When I did the fight, the Jedi CC'd diago and we killed the sith and then diago.

StealthNerf
12.28.2011 , 03:34 PM | #3
Here's how I did it.

1. Sat in cover.
2. Activated All In.
3. Bowdarr tanked the jedi.
4. I spammed aimed shot and charge shot against the jedi.
5. When she died, killed Diego.

Was pretty easy after upgrading all my gear to the level cap.

Also...

"EVEREEEONE!"

Lexio_Strata
12.28.2011 , 03:34 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
There is a trick to this encounter that makes it very easy to beat. The fight starts off with Jedi vs Jedi, and Diago up in the air via Force Lift. You are not yet in combat.

Step 1: Move away from the fight (at least 60-90 meters) (** see below)
Step 2: "Pull" Diago away from the Jedi fight (* see below)
Step 3: Kill Diago easily
Step 4: Heal to full, get your energy back, apply stims, etc.
Step 5: Kill Jedi
Step 6: Profit
Yeah I figured out that this way was much easier. I just had Corso pull Diago to me and we both knocked him out. The fight after that was easy.

Edit: ^Ditto: EVERYONE!

Aravox
12.30.2011 , 11:28 PM | #5
What level were you when you took him out? I was level 31 a t last attempt and still failed. I was successful grouping with someone else and defeating him...but when he left the entrance it wouldn't let him back in to help me. The other guy I tried this with logged out on me.I'm very frustrated.
<--- tooshy grabber heh

Timepants
12.30.2011 , 11:56 PM | #6
OP's way is pretty much how I did it. The beginning of the fight when they're all bunched up is the hardest part, really. You really don't even need to run away if you bring Corso along. Set him on passive, and when the fight starts back as far up as you can. Once Diago is out of the CC he starts in, have Corso harpoon him back towards you (for once, it's useful!), then go to town on him. Alternate stuns and interrupts to stop his healing move, and he should go down easy to concentrated fire.

Once Diago's down, the fight with the Jedi/Sith is cake. Just interrupt when you see the little AoE targeting icon on the ground, and there shouldn't be any trouble.

Bam, one dead Force user and one complete class quest.

Wakeo
12.31.2011 , 12:06 AM | #7
"EVERYONEEEEEE"

That is all.
]█ΞΞ█▒▒▒▒∏|[ (██████)
..//,{[_〙
//

Timepants
12.31.2011 , 12:27 AM | #8
"But I didn't do anything! "

Blackfriar
01.08.2012 , 03:51 PM | #9
Ah, so my doing this at 26 kinds of explains it... I can seperate him from the Jedi/Sith. But Bowdaar and Corso both end up getting killed and I can't dps enough to over-come his constant self-heals.

And the Jedi does nothing. She acts like she does... Lots of animations and noise and effects.. But no actual DPS.

The second time I tried I killed the Sith first. Still had the problem of Corso dying and my being unable to break his heal-spam even though I had him, before Corso died, down to 1/3 HP...

I'm going to just finish the rest of the Tatooine quests. I should be 27/28 by then and be able to upgrade all my gear and skills. Hopefully that'll work.

EDIT: Geared up at 27, worked like a charm...
What makes the grass grow? Blood makes the grass grow!

Dekek
01.08.2012 , 05:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mitchyslick View Post
Thats odd. When I did the fight, the Jedi CC'd diago and we killed the sith and then diago.
Ditto. Same here. It was actually very easy.