Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Macros belong in TOR.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why Macros belong in TOR.

LaughingMountain
12.28.2011 , 04:31 AM | #11
I completely agree with NOT using macros in this game. I heal PvP warzones with both 4 man premades and pugs. It takes more awareness and feel for what's going on in the field. Without macros I actually have to look away from the ops bars now and again to actually see what's going on in the warzone.

Mainly, I just find the game to be easy already. If BW were to add macro support, PvP for me would become even more stale than it is already starting to feel.

Edit: Mouseover macros would be pretty useful. I'll give you that. But that functionality can be added without giving players customizable macro support.
IRON CITADEL
Cataract (Sorcerer)
Katarac (Sentinel)
Roll pub alts.. everbody's doin' it

Ludanyke
12.28.2011 , 04:33 AM | #12
Honestly, I only want macros for spamming
Ludacris Heals at Ludicrous Speed. Rollout.
Click here for success.

Vedrus
12.28.2011 , 04:33 AM | #13
Macros are very important for PVP and PVE!
I was searching for them in the game too, but no luck.

Looks like there is not any support for macros and 3rd-party addons at all :-(

It's not possible to have hardcore PVE or PVP guilds in MMO w/o ability to meter performance of ppl.

Vigilia
12.28.2011 , 04:35 AM | #14
I'd rather not see them implement macro's.

Just utilize your setup better, and yes I have used macro's in the past.

And yes I didden't like macro using in an MMO, even if it's "easier"...

Play the game as it was intended.

_compton_
12.28.2011 , 04:36 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LaughingMountain View Post
I completely agree with NOT using macros in this game. I heal PvP warzones with both 4 man premades and pugs. It takes more awareness and feel for what's going on in the field. Without macros I actually have to look away from the ops bars now and again to actually see what's going on in the warzone.

Mainly, I just find the game to be easy already. If BW were to add macro support, PvP for me would become even more stale than it is already starting to feel.

Edit: Mouseover macros would be pretty useful. I'll give you that. But that functionality can be added without giving players customizable macro support.
Thank you for the last - I'm glad you read it through and made a concession.

I am NOT necessarily asking for completely customizable macro support, but support for what I believe are two functions VITAL to competitive and satisfying gameplay.

These are - Focus Macro support and Mouseover Macro support.

@Vig - As I've said, in the case of Focus macros it does not making things easier - it adds complexity.

As for mouseover macros, I believe they are necessary for someone to feasibly heal a LARGE group of people, such as in a Operation or Warzone scenario, and as I've also pointed out, healing in it's current state has been the subject of many, many complaints.

MandoArc
12.28.2011 , 04:44 AM | #16
No NO no NO

Macro is for lazy ppl who dont want to do anything them self what we do need is AUTOATTACK tire of spaming the same key over and over
Cuban Bounty Hunter

Ludanyke
12.28.2011 , 04:46 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by mandoarc View Post
no no no no

macro is for lazy ppl who dont want to do anything them self what we do need is autoattack tire of spaming the same key over and over
This!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ludacris Heals at Ludicrous Speed. Rollout.
Click here for success.

StrangeBall
12.28.2011 , 04:46 AM | #18
No Developer with regard for themselves would accept macro's to serve a as a tool to simplify the fullness in a game (a onebutton smash rotation). Macros should be a gadget for increasing the alternatives to targeting along with cc'ing opponents or your focus target without having to changing targets. Some may say its unnecessary however for me it is absolutely reasonable to have those elements in this game.

_compton_
12.28.2011 , 04:47 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MandoArc View Post
No NO no NO

Macro is for lazy ppl who dont want to do anything them self what we do need is AUTOATTACK tire of spaming the same key over and over
I get the feeling that many of you aren't bothering to read my post, even the TL;DR I added, which I feel isn't too much to ask.

This "skill-less" stigma and the association with "lazy" has been addressed multiple times both in my initial post and in the subsequent replies.

PLEASE ACTUALLY READ THE POST - broad, base-less statements made out of context do not contribute to constructive discourse.

@ Strange - Thank you, this is exactly what I'm trying to say, and it's been clarified in my initial post.

I will reiterate - I am NOT necessarily asking for support for fully customizable macros - just for two functions that I and many others believe are necessary for satisfying and competitive gameplay.

These are:

Focus Macro Support
and
Mouseover Macro Support.

That is the extent of it at this point.

CoreofexisteNz
12.28.2011 , 04:55 AM | #20
I love the fact that casuals still come here and hate on macros.

Obviously never used them.

In lineage 2 it was impossible past certain levels not to have macros since most skills bounce into others and vice versa. Especially for buffers who would haveto cast 53 buffs in order to buff someone... and then again for the other 8 people in the group. tedious... long and very unnecessary.

The macro system makes life alot easier.. the longer the macros the harder it can fail however if you have a 1 macro attack string of all your attacks in sequence... 1 interrupt and you start all over again. So.

To sum up. Macro's can only help you. They cannot win for you. An interrupt, a stun, a cancel will break the flow anyway.

I shall support the adding of macro's and let all nay-sayers get their casual asses back to newbie forums!

EDIT: To be fair i've been using my mouse and keyboard macros to essentially already do all of that but a global system should only make it easier(alt+tabbing to change add and fix macros? yea i'll prefer to do without )