Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre-order 24-07-2011

Mysticar
12.13.2011 , 07:38 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Alki View Post
To the ones that are complaining:

You are entitled to nothing. The fact that you took off from work is YOUR problem, not Bioware's. There are a ton of pre-orders and not everyone is going to get in on the first wave. Sure, you probably got your pre-order entered way back when, but you're not the only one. They can't just open up to the servers to 500,000 people at once. That's the whole point of all of this.

Just relax. Find something else to do and wait patiently. Your time is coming. You've waited this long, what's another couple of hours, day or a few days?
*BIG BUZZER SOUND*

I'm sorry. But when I pre-ordered Jjuly 21 and others with later dates are in before me...that's not entitlement, that's a complete FAIL against BW's word.

Terranfive
12.13.2011 , 07:39 AM | #32
And I preordered Monday July 25th 2011 so all we can do I guess is wait and see and if not today maybe tomorrow through I hope it won't come to that.
"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." - Emperor Palpatine

Lawolf
12.13.2011 , 07:39 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerviel View Post
What's really dumb is that early access is for up to 5 days and yet people are still whining when they don't get in 7 days early. Welcome to the real world, as long as you get at least 5 days of early access when you ordered on 7/21 you really have no room to complain.
Except that many of us are trying to get names from past MMOs and paid early to get in early. For those, it's going to be a bad day. I don't care if it is 7 days access, 5 days access, or be there on release date. I just want my dang names. Hell, I'd have paid them extra just to let me pre-register my characters, to heck with my guild, just gimme my names.
Obi-Wan: So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view.
Luke: A certain point of view?
Obi-Wan: Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Guild Leader of Puppy Ate my Lightsaber
A skilled family friendly guild.

AchillestheGreat
12.13.2011 , 07:42 AM | #34
Indeed... we are holding tight here too Gang...
My original e-mail from BW states a "thank you for pre-ordering" dated the 21st...
on my acocunt here for some reason, it shows pre-order took place the 22nd...?

Lol... our Guild is waiting for the one and only Officer on ORD II who can recruit... hehe... that is me... mesa waiting

all goood
░░▒▒▓▓ Community GrandMaster for OLD REPUBLIC DADS & ORD II - OUTER RIM DIVISION ▓▓▒▒░░
The Guild for working Adults and Parents ~ Guild HQ pages are found HERE & HERE

DLvegas
12.13.2011 , 07:43 AM | #35
Chill out guys and holster the blame thrower. BW is likely monitoring server load and sending invites periodically. This way if there's a catastrophic failure then only those already invited are affected.

I took the afternoon off work hoping to get an invite, but if I don't get in at least I get time to fix the washing machine :P

So not all bad

Lord_Scythe
12.13.2011 , 07:45 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by RickRedOne View Post
And then when they had to push it back because of server issues....

You would have the same posts about, "But you said I was going to get in at this time".
+1 for cool use of intellect and logic!

To those complaining:

Suck it up!

This is bonus time to help have a smooth launch on the 20th. Seriously is the nerd rage really needed? You will get in when you get in.

I really feel sorry for the Dev's and the network people. They are gonna be putting in 16-20 hour days and it is gonna be like that for the next two weeks. Glad you guys show so much respect for those trying to get you into the game early and smoothly!!!
To quote well me "Go be stupid on your own time!"

RhenApsolon
12.13.2011 , 07:46 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Mysticar View Post
*BIG BUZZER SOUND*

I'm sorry. But when I pre-ordered Jjuly 21 and others with later dates are in before me...that's not entitlement, that's a complete FAIL against BW's word.
Second wave of emails were sent out, not starting a flame war here but how do you know others who pre-ordered later got in before you? Maybe your pre-order activation took a little while to go through. Im sure you will get in sometime today. Just think of all the little gamers who weren't able to pre-order until a few days after it was released.

Divil
12.13.2011 , 08:23 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Alki View Post
To the ones that are complaining:

You are entitled to nothing. The fact that you took off from work is YOUR problem, not Bioware's. There are a ton of pre-orders and not everyone is going to get in on the first wave. Sure, you probably got your pre-order entered way back when, but you're not the only one. They can't just open up the servers to 500,000 people at once. That's the whole point of all of this.

Just relax. Find something else to do and wait patiently. Your time is coming. You've waited this long, what's another couple of hours, day or a few days?
Bullocks and I hope you know it. I've seen Rift do a far better launch with a very HIGH traffic volume.
The fact that man is able to achieve is because we learn from examples. In the end I hope Bioware learned and this launch works out well for them. It's not the first MMO to fail parlty because of crappy launch/ unstable servers.