Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Strange Lag like delay on skills

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
12.26.2011 , 05:36 PM | #1
In certain areas in the game (Dormund Kaas in lots of areas) I experience low FPS and Lag like delays on basically everything. The FPS issue I expect to be fixed in a future patch as more people have issues with this.

However I'm experiencing those lag like issues. When I check the latency on the right it tells me 30~60 usually. But in certain occasions when I pull out my light saber or want to use skills, I get a delay feeling ranging from 200~1000 ms (based on lag experience from other games). When I check my ping it's still 30~60.

Usually this is with low FPS (10~20) but I've had it with 30~35 fps as well. I don't think this is my internet playing up nor my FPS. I thought this could be a server issue but it's been like this since I reached Dormund Kaas.

I haven't seen that many players with similar issues but I've heard a few that said they had similar issues in-game. What can I do to fix this? It's really starting to get annoying that all my skills have a second delay. Even taking out my lightsaber takes ages. I did Black Talon with some high level friends and they killed the mobs before I grabbed my lightsaber.

Axiomatik
12.26.2011 , 05:43 PM | #2
Bump, having the same issue.

Though I will say, once I restarted my computer it did help temporarily. I think it has to do with computer response time so your keystrokes take longer to send to the server (?).

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
12.27.2011 , 04:23 PM | #3
Watching this more closely, I have discovered that under 20fps it's even bigger. However I still have it around 25~30 fps. Basically everything has a delay; Chat, skills, interactions etc. and usually in combat (or areas with multiple players).

Ping keeps saying 30~60 but it feels like 600~1200

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
12.29.2011 , 05:19 PM | #4
Bump... Experiencing this badly.

renegadeimp
12.29.2011 , 05:22 PM | #5
Post your dxdiag log. It also sounds like you are having an ISP isssue.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
12.31.2011 , 05:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Post your dxdiag log. It also sounds like you are having an ISP isssue.
No this is not an ISP issues. This happens when I drop below 20fps and I've checked this for hours and days straight. I hold my mouse on my ping meter in-game and I never see it go above 60ms while my delay is 1~2 seconds.

My DxDiag:

Spoiler

Racquerr
12.31.2011 , 05:30 AM | #7
It get it too sometimes. It seems random. I can login, be fine for hours and exit the game for a break, then come back a little later and the skills lag and/or keep canceling right in the middle of activation.

I keep a steady 100ms or so ping so I would rule out networking problems.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
12.31.2011 , 04:30 PM | #8
I don't understand why my FPS is so terrible in this game either, just checked Aion which is graphical way more detailed and it's at 40~100 fps (depending on the populated areas, 100 with 0 players and 40 with 20~40), while in this game I have 10~30 fps in low populated areas and 6~10 in pvp.

Raflowers
12.31.2011 , 05:05 PM | #9
I'm receiving this same error. Acceptable FPS (30ish) and MS (50ish) but still getting activation lag. An ability will start activating as soon as I press the button, but then the activation bar will cycle twice before I actually perform the ability.

Ozlynn
01.04.2012 , 10:00 PM | #10
I'm having the same issue. I've asked others in guild if they are having this issue they arn't.

Anyone found a solution yet?