Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 50 Chaos and Harmony Quest Help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular
Level 50 Chaos and Harmony Quest Help

coille
04.30.2012 , 01:30 AM | #41
I did this a couple of nights ago and it wasn't hard if you save the mind snap interupt for the cave in spell.

What I did have trouble with was that Syo vanished after I killed him and I thought I was going to have to do this all over again. He eventually came back after ten minutes or so. This also happened on another quest on Ilum. Anyone else get this problem?

Frog_brains
04.30.2012 , 11:35 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by coille View Post
I did this a couple of nights ago and it wasn't hard if you save the mind snap interupt for the cave in spell.

What I did have trouble with was that Syo vanished after I killed him and I thought I was going to have to do this all over again. He eventually came back after ten minutes or so. This also happened on another quest on Ilum. Anyone else get this problem?
They know about this and are working on it. same thing happened to me with the same two characters.

Thefingers
04.30.2012 , 05:24 PM | #43
Just finished it on my 46 shadow with doc for backup, much easier than I was expecting it to be if you keep the interupts flowing..blast him away, pull him back, stun, spinning kick..whatever it takes. Playing hide and seek by the rock wall next to the ladder is useful too.

Also had the same issue with him vanishing when it's time to speak, as with the posts above he reappeared after maybe 5mins and I got to finish the quest.

Rappar
05.02.2012 , 12:35 PM | #44
Just interrupt the rocks coming down

PatT
05.02.2012 , 08:09 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Revod View Post
I'm having something very odd happen in this fight. About 60 seconds into the fight, he force lifts us, heals us a little, gets blasted back then brings the ceiling down on us for an insta-death. I can't seem to find a way to avoid this unless is has something to do with keeping him away from you? Would love some insight on this!
^ this. Once he force lifts us, then he drops the ceiling and we're dead. So is this some sort of enrage timer?
Simple happy language words!

PatT
05.02.2012 , 08:11 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Rappar View Post
Just interrupt the rocks coming down
reaaly? while I'm hanging in the air? The minute he drops me, the roof drops. then he disappears.
Simple happy language words!

Zooball
02.19.2013 , 12:44 AM | #47
Last year, Syo killed me several times until I researched what he was doing to one-shot me. Then I beat him as a Shadow (Kinetic) with Theran in tow. Still a tough fight that took a few tries.

This second time around as an Infiltrator, it was far easier and I got Syo with one effort.

Here are my tips:

Spoiler

Ramalina
04.11.2013 , 08:44 PM | #48
So Syo killed me five times in a row. The first time was just a learning experience, you MUST interrupt Collapse Cavern.

The next 4 wipes confused the heck out of me. I was specced sage, and using Qyzen as a tank so DPS was very slow and I'd estimate I ran through four Collapse Caverns in the course of a whole fight.

What I finally figured out was that for some reason Force Stun and Mind Snap were not interrupting Collapse Cavern, in fact they were grayed out and wouldn't even activate when Syo was in his Shadowy form.

Force Wave was the only ability that worked. Once I figured that out the fight was quite easy, though at one point Syo was perched about 4 meters up on the wall from the knockback of successive interrupts. Fortunately Qyzen could still attack and there was no evade bug, but for others who use this strategy I'd try to keep Syo in the middle of the room just to be safe.

Healing was easy, but I have all the willpower datacrons up to Corellia, and gear was at about 116 rating for all slots, so I'm probably overgeared for it.

DarknessArekia
01.05.2014 , 04:35 PM | #49
i know this is not really the purpose of this forum, but are there any benefits to keeping him alive. I want to kill him since my jedi has some dark in him, but i am not sure if i would then look bad in the story finish.

Master-Nala
01.09.2014 , 04:13 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessArekia View Post
i know this is not really the purpose of this forum, but are there any benefits to keeping him alive. I want to kill him since my jedi has some dark in him, but i am not sure if i would then look bad in the story finish.
I don't know for sure, but it is possible it could affect your promotion at the end, but I doubt it. That's more determined by your alignment.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia