Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 50 Chaos and Harmony Quest Help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Level 50 Chaos and Harmony Quest Help

Zelol
01.04.2012 , 06:03 AM | #11
Seer spec with Nadia, Trick was to keep agro on me, i could easily out heal his damage and interrupt always so that you have 1 interrupt up for the cave thingy.

Nadia didnt take anydamage and dished out tons and i used WM & Mind crush.

Halja
01.04.2012 , 06:10 AM | #12
This fight was incredibly difficult, took me about 4 attempts to get as an infiltration shadow.

The way I completed this was to stagger my interrupts (mind snap/low slash/force stun) and fight with my back to a wall. Make sure to activate Channel the Force AFTER he does the lift/heal thing to you, make sure to use resilience to avoid project storm(incidentally, I want this spell!!!). I saved force of will for when i got rooted away from him without force stun up.

Some other things that might help people. Do not interrupt the cave in spell until the last possible second. It does no damage until it casts(and then you die) but you can use the 10 second cast time to drop him down and allow your other interrupts to come off cooldown.

If you get knocked back towards the door and him hardcasting you from 30 yards away, you can line of sight him behind the rocks near the door, then sprint back to him as soon as he cancels his cast to interrupt the next one.

That said, it was a really enjoyable fight, and a LOT harder than the Jedi Knight one(watched a friend do the final fight for that a few hours later....looks SO easy compared to ours )
"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle"

Jaan'car Ashan - 50 Shadow - Swiftsure

Mr_Elusive
01.04.2012 , 07:30 AM | #13
I did it first time as Infiltration spec with Theran Cedrax. It was actually very simple: Interupt Project storm, Low slash on other appropriate casting bits, and force stun when he brings ceiling down. The summon Holiday stun is very handy if you're low on health. I spent the whole fight running in a circle using clairvoyant stike, project and breach inbteween stuns.

MHmanabomb
01.05.2012 , 07:33 AM | #14
I'm finding this impossible. I'm a 49 Seer, Balance specced, using Nadia. Got around 13k health. If i interrupt his spam i then dont have it ready for the project storm. So i tried using the LoS but when i do that it bugs and he gets tuck out of my LoS no matter where i stand, yet i'm still in his. It's getting really frustrating on about my tenth try now. I try using other companions but the tank ones die way too fast, even with healing, and everyone else is undergeared.

mebert
01.07.2012 , 02:56 AM | #15
I died about 6 times as a shadow infiltration spec using Iresso came to this thread geared up Tharan in the AH (never used before) and beat him my first try. So any infiltration specs having trouble should definately try Tharan.

Thanks for the tip

Kitru
01.07.2012 , 03:39 AM | #16
This is some random commentary on the state of companions as they apply to "difficult" fights, not something that directly corresponds to the OPs original statements, so I apologize for any derailing that might occur.

In playing my other characters (a heal Commando and dps Guardian), I've noticed that, honestly, there isn't any appreciable reason to use the tank companions for anything harder than the most elementary fights. The reason for it is pretty simple, when you think about it: they're not appreciably tougher than any other companion. Their "tank stances" don't appreciably decrease their incoming damage: the only benefit they confer is an increase to shield chance, contrasted with the massive increase in armor and secondary survivability functionality that goes along with additional shield chance for all of the player tank stances.

In essence, the "tank" companions aren't tanks: they're DPS that can generate marginally better threat. Companions are *already* crippled by a simple lack of abilities and less *effective* abilities, but, at the very least, their stances tend to offset that lack to some extent (imagine if the player heal stances did what Med Watch does?). The fact that Tank companions are, almost by *design* incapable of actually *tanking*, makes them largely worthless for anything beyond a fight where bringing a DPS companions would simply be more useful (since the DPS companion will deal substantially more damage while being just as squishy and oftentimes just as good at getting aggro thanks to better/faster AoEs and attacks), especially since the DPS companions have survivability CDs that functionally identical to the survivablity CDs of the tanks.

At a minimum, I would hope that the developers could be swayed to provide a passive damage reduction buff to companions to offset the fact that they are *already* inferior to player tanks by virtue of fewer skills, worse AI, and a lack of talents. I'd be happy even if it were as simple as a 30% increase to armor or a 10% damage reduction buff applied to their tanking stances. At a minimum, you'd at least be able to see an appreciable differences between the stances when they're active (since, at the moment, the only noticeable difference in play I've noticed between tank and DPS stances is that, with the tank stance, they'll pull threat off of me only *slightly* more often).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Alikain
01.07.2012 , 04:16 AM | #17
since you are shadow go watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9eAdYTOH6s for those of you who haven't done this quest its a major spoiler so if you don't want your game ruin please do not watch this. thank. i found this and it not my character just incase you are wondering.
Fear is a disease; hope is its only cure.
Compromise is a virtue to be cultivated, not a weakness to be despised.
Belief is not a matter of choice, but of conviction.
Trust in your friends, and they’ll have reason to trust in you.

Anaranas
01.07.2012 , 09:45 AM | #18
Had a hard time with this one to be honest. Seer Specced fully at lvl 49, used Nadia but she died just after he used the lift on us for first time, i was spam healing her but she just dropped, fight took me ages as only thing i was doing was interrupting his big spells when i could (cavern obviously) and keeping the dot on him and using the throw rock at him in between heals which mainly was the channel one to refresh my force. since was only using 2 dps skills on him took ages but finally did it after like try 4

Geogian
01.07.2012 , 12:14 PM | #19
I brought a friend in. It's WAY easier with someone else. He was only 44, so all he could do was heal. And his companion healed. But man did it make all the difference.

KJOhio
01.07.2012 , 08:10 PM | #20
Did it in second try. I am seer specced.

Spoiler