Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fastest way to level 50?

Opus_Penguin
01.10.2012 , 02:47 PM | #21
I hope to not reach 50 for a long time (I am at 11 now). I played an MMO where I reached the cap within a month and there was nothing else to do. Waiting for content ended up taking way too long so I stopped playing. I would hate that to happen here. A slow level up is what I am trying to do. I personally felt reaching 10 was too quick. The satisfaction of getting my own ligthsaber was not as sweet as it would have been if it was a longer task to that point.

Good thing is that I am a casual gamer and do not play every night so I hope to see new content added by Bioware on this game more often than the last MMO I played.

plusieurs
01.10.2012 , 02:51 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharik View Post
Honestly it's up to the player how they want to enjoy the game. Someone may in fact simply not enjoy questing questing questing story dialogue dialogue to 50, some may say this is the wrong game for them, i say who cares. If they want to skip it they can skip it. If that get's them excited, go for it.

Pvp, space missions. And honestly just going all-in on the story and questing can get you there in a matter of days as well.
While this is true, rushing to cap is not the playstyle that the devs had in mind while making the game, so people preferring that style will likely find this game lacking. I think the best advice is to try out a different playstyle, in this case, taking your time to enjoy the story, and see if you like it after all.
eagerly awaiting patch day
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Cancelled August/September 2013: When grad school begins.

RuukuSukotto
01.10.2012 , 02:58 PM | #23
I see no point in buying a game you have to pay for to play and rushing it, I'm level 43 and that's been over 2-3 weeks now just having fun and enjoying my time on it.

Fair enough if that's how you want to play your game though, I don't really have any advice to get levels quicker, I don't play PvP so I wouldn't know about that, I just pick up every quest I can find and complete them, to be honest I spend most of my time helping others and playing Flashpoints.

Quynhdolin
01.10.2012 , 02:59 PM | #24
use your space bar.

annnd do dailies and just follow your main quest line. don't wait around for people to group up with for heroics.

Kyneth
01.12.2012 , 02:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerslayer View Post
^This.

Dailies are worth it, but after that youre better off grinding quests. kill every pack of mobs you pass by and stock up on Monster/redbull like a boss.

The more time you spend exp-ing, the faster you will get there. That means, no overuse of the GTM other than for selling blues/purples you nor your companion can use. Dont loot every mob if youre ranged dps and always have Quicktravel/fleetpass on CD etc etc.
exp-ing....is this the word used if you cant spell 'exploring'?
Kyneth
New Hope
Level 50 Tele Sage

chanceusa
01.14.2012 , 04:27 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyneth View Post
exp-ing....is this the word used if you cant spell 'exploring'?
FYI. I believe he was attempting to make a gerund (a/k/a present participle) out of the word experience (a noun). Some MMO video game players use the slang "exping" or "grinding."
Lex rex!

Malsidius
01.14.2012 , 04:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Papazooki View Post
This. Enjoy the game and take your time
Or let him play as he likes?

falkerman
01.14.2012 , 05:02 PM | #28
Rushing to 50 isn't a big deal, and ridiculing that person for doing so is kind of silly.

There's no reason to tell people how to play the game.

However, if you do rush to 50, please don't come back on the forums and complain about how boring the game is and there's nothing to do.

Because obviously there is, you just chose to skip past it.
Yeah Yeah, it's ya boy Darnell

Motoeric
01.14.2012 , 05:09 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
Through the use of space bar
this.

infinitum
01.22.2012 , 02:13 PM | #30
Wow..amazing how stupid people are. The man asked a question..no need to troll. If you don't have an answer to the question, why waste your time and his? And one of these guys has so graciously taken enough time to explain why he plays the way he does taking his own sweet time.. no one asked.

I find that the fastest way is to do the class quests and heroic quests any time you get them. Especially the Heroic 4's. Ignore the trolls.. just too many simple minded people here anyway..