Black-red color crystal

dmbob

Hi all,

today i I bought in the GTM an Advanced Black-red eviscerating color crystal. I put it in my lightsaber and RE it but nothing. I see that non % of learning a schematic when i RE. Anyone know why? Just 2 weeks ago i did the same things on a Black-purple crystal and i learned it.

It's a bug? Or they just let these crystal unlearnable?

Hi all,

today i I bought in the GTM an Advanced Black-red eviscerating color crystal. I put it in my lightsaber and RE it but nothing. I see that non % of learning a schematic when i RE. Anyone know why? Just 2 weeks ago i did the same things on a Black-purple crystal and i learned it.

It's a bug? Or they just let these crystal unlearnable?

Was the one you bought "crafted by" someone or was it an original from the ops. If the former that would explain why; the devs have been trying very hard to limit the ability to RE for schematics someone else's crafted item

Edited by psandak

The one i bought was crafter by a player. The thing i wanna know is they totally eliminate the chance to learn the schematic from a crafted one?

Instead they leave the chance in the dropped one from OP?

Edited by dmbob

The one i bought was crafter by a player. The thing i wanna know is they totally eliminate the chance to learn the schematic from a crafted one?

Instead they leave the chance in the dropped one from OP?

I haven't been able to 100% verify, but I had one (Black-Orange) in an alts cargo bay I am almost certain was from an Ops drop (no crafted by / BoE) pre-4.1, and on mouse over it shows no research available.

On one of the SWTOR database sites, it looks like these colors have multiple item IDs, so they could have added a new ID for Operations dropped crystals in 4.1 that will provide a chance to learn the schematic on reverse engineering while any existing / crafted crystals use a different ID that doesn't have a chance to learn the schematic.

Edited by DawnAskham

The color crystals that can be find in OP are BoE? Because in the GTM i can't find any Black-Red non crafted by players

The best answer is that some are BoE and some are BoP. For those that are BoP you basically have to run the op that drops it with your artificer, win the color crystal and RE it.

Learning schematics for color crystals by reverse engineering seems to have been removed in 4.1. I can personally attest this for the black-blue and cyan crystals. The black-blue crystal dropped last Saturday, so after 4.1. The cyan crystal is ancient. It was not mentioned in the patch notes and I have not seen a dev response yet, so it is unknown whether it was an intentional change or not. Edited by DataBeaver

Well if it's only an "error" for the last patch i hope they will be fix it asap. If it's a premeditate adjustment, well they could also say that thing...

Anyway i dont understand why no one from Bioware tell us the true aboout it.

Edited by dmbob

Well if it's only an "error" for the last patch i hope they will be fix it asap. If it's a premeditate adjustment, well they could also say that thing...

Anyway i dont understand why no one from Bioware tell us the true aboout it.

Sometimes companies (not just software) make "stealth changes" just to see what the reaction would be.

Think about how EVERY website on the planet just randomly changes because the site owner/manager/developer decided (without consulting the populous) that they need an update. This is one of the most annoying parts of being an IT professional; you go to a website over and over for information and you get used to how its layout and you get really good at finding what you need...then without warning the site is COMPLETELY different. The running gag in IT circles is that companies do it on purpose - just as a majority of users finally get used to a site, the site has to be changed :D

Edited by psandak