Black-Red Schematic

TheGoldenAmber

So, I recently bought a Black-Red color crystal off the GTN, and I bounded it to myself and was going to RE it, until I saw it say "No research available". I tried getting a none bounded color crystal, but it said the same thing. Help?

If it was an expertise color crystal, the ability to learn Expertise color crystals was removed with 4.1. If you had expertise color crystal schematics prior to 4.1 you can still craft them.

Edited by psandak

Likely even if it isn't. I did some testing the other day in response to an earlier post and it appears they probably removed the ability to RE other people's crafted black-red, black-blue, etc operations crystals in 4.1.

I think they removed the ability to learn the schematics of these old ops colors at all - though I cannot 100% confirm as I don't have a post 4.1 dropped crystal to test (I did have an old unbound Black-Orange without a 'crafted by' that I believe was from a drop, but not certain, and no research was available either unbound nor bound).

If you bound a crafted crystal prior to 4.0, then removed it from the weapon, it would no longer show as "crafted by" and would show as research available.

Now using the same binding method, on extraction these color crystal no longer show the "crafted by", but also no longer show as research available.

Either way (just crafted or all including dropped items) - its appears to be a stealth change, which is a pretty poor way to handle these types of things as IMO, anything being removed from the game should be clearly stated as such (like with the War Hero schematics) well before the patch which removes the item is implemented.

Edited by DawnAskham

I think they removed the ability to learn the schematics of these old ops colors at all - though I cannot 100% confirm as I don't have a post 4.1 dropped crystal to test (I did have an old unbound Black-Orange without a 'crafted by' that I believe was from a drop, but not certain, and no research was available either unbound nor bound).

If you bound a crafted crystal prior to 4.0, then removed it from the weapon, it would no longer show as "crafted by" and would show as research available.

Now using the same binding method, on extraction these color crystal no longer show the "crafted by", but also no longer show as research available.

Either way (just crafted or all including dropped items) - its appears to be a stealth change, which is a pretty poor way to handle these types of things as IMO, anything being removed from the game should be clearly stated as such (like with the War Hero schematics) well before the patch which removes the item is implemented.

During 4.0 I was able to RE the Black Orange Indestructible color crystal (+41 end) that drops in HM EC and I got the schematic (standard 60% chance). I won it on one character, sent it to another, and REed it.

During 4.0 I was able to RE the Black Orange Indestructible color crystal (+41 end) that drops in HM EC and I got the schematic (standard 60% chance). I won it on one character, sent it to another, and REed it.

The change seems to have happened in 4.1 - I also REed a couple of crystals in 4.0. Tried another one yesterday, and "No Research Available."

Appears to be a stealth change that went in with 4.1 (or hell maybe its another bug), as just the week before I RE'd a few (including a Black Orange) and learned the schematic (I have most of the schematics , though not all, and not on every artifice character).

Edited by DawnAskham

Sigh. I used to rely on selling crystals through the market. A Black Orange ( which I had ) sold for 50k and a Black Red sold for 130k. I could have made some good money ( at least for me ;3 )

Why would this change stop that? In fact if you have the now harder to get schematics they will probably be worth more, not less.