Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback on the Early Access implementation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Feedback on the Early Access implementation

jopaq
12.13.2011 , 03:47 PM | #1
In short, I think the lack of clarity on pre-order dates and early access has caused me to be more upset at this process and both Bio-Ware and EA than the not getting in. If everyone knows the plan from day 1, there are no unmet expectations.

My brother, 40, pre-ordered on day 2 and he's been in since 8:30am today. I, 37, pre-ordered on day 8 and I did not get an email on wave 4. Needless to say I got my hopes up about leveling my BH w/ my bro's IA only to not be able to play. From my member join day, you can see I've been following this game for over 2 years. I pretty much grew up on video games and saw the original movies when I was very young. My bro and I have pretended to be Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader for a long time. So last night was the Christmas Eve of Christmas Eves and yes I did wake up at 3am and found it hard to go back to sleep.

This is the Customer Service forum. I felt it was important to spend the 5 minutes to write this post, so please take a minute and read it.

YurikArkady
12.13.2011 , 03:48 PM | #2
No complaints here, system works fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by Telvannis View Post
Grey viable?

All I know is my gut says maybe.

Kristle
12.13.2011 , 03:49 PM | #3
Early access is being rolled out as we speak and people already 'noting' that they're not in yet

RedWolfs
12.13.2011 , 03:50 PM | #4
The system works fine..... The lack of any real communication does not.

As a preorder from November I am sitting here with no clue when I can start playing, and that is bad form. They have not managed expectations at all with the information they have released.

YurikArkady
12.13.2011 , 03:50 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by RedWolfs View Post
As a preorder from November I am sitting here with no clue when I can start playing,

Not today, go play outside.
Quote: Originally Posted by Telvannis View Post
Grey viable?

All I know is my gut says maybe.

Adawn
12.13.2011 , 03:51 PM | #6
Thank you. This is what i saw too, They lacked a ton of detail.

HolySchmoley
12.13.2011 , 03:58 PM | #7
FAIL...but it was expected!
Dear Bioware, Your Subscription Payment is now in Que
Thank You for your Patience.

Morvoldo
12.13.2011 , 04:00 PM | #8
that post by Kinegos does say it all but they have also said that double the amount of e-mails will go out tomorrow (still dont get why they couldnt of gone through the night) but i pre-ordered Oct so lets see what happends tomorrow, hopefully they took note of all the comments and that post and upped there game (doubtfull) we shall see

i just dont want 1 day early want the at least 3-4 i'd rather wait in a queue at least i'll know when i'll get access
The Anitcipation of Death is Worse than Death it self

marisa
12.13.2011 , 04:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannce View Post
THIS SAYS IT ALL!! COPY AND PASTE SO THEY GET THE MESSAGE!

Originally Posted by Kinegos
This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.
I also believe this is well said. If they don't know what the servers can take based on the stress test that has already occured, that worries me. If they are trying to figure more of that out during this early access pre-release that worries me.

Many of us know what launch days are like, I would prefer being in a queue if I have to then not knowing anything about when my early access will begin. And if you can't let all of early access folks in at once now, what exactly are you going to do on the 20th when everyone has access. I just don't get the logic at all.

Cuaron
12.13.2011 , 04:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jopaq View Post
In short, I think the lack of clarity on pre-order dates and early access has caused me to be more upset at this process and both Bio-Ware and EA than the not getting in. If everyone knows the plan from day 1, there are no unmet expectations.

My brother, 40, pre-ordered on day 2 and he's been in since 8:30am today. I, 37, pre-ordered on day 8 and I did not get an email on wave 4. Needless to say I got my hopes up about leveling my BH w/ my bro's IA only to not be able to play. From my member join day, you can see I've been following this game for over 2 years. I pretty much grew up on video games and saw the original movies when I was very young. My bro and I have pretended to be Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader for a long time. So last night was the Christmas Eve of Christmas Eves and yes I did wake up at 3am and found it hard to go back to sleep.

This is the Customer Service forum. I felt it was important to spend the 5 minutes to write this post, so please take a minute and read it.
I agree completely - am not fussed that didnt get access today but am frustrated by the poor information provided by bioware/EA. Surely just saying what dates and times where being rolled out with each wave could have been provided and what dates planned for the next batch. By doing this people would have had a clearer picture of what was happening.