Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Community: your opinion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community
The Community: your opinion

aguamoose's Avatar


aguamoose
12.25.2011 , 07:06 PM | #11
lol ok my bad, i just made a similar more detailed post on the pcg forums.

If you care, here is a c&p

Quote:
Maybe it is my own fault for rolling on a RP server. But it seems this game has one of the worst communities I have ever seen. And that is after 4 years of CS, 4 years of WoW and 48 hours of LoL.

Seriously, I have come across maybe 5 friendly people to chat to out of maybe 150 people in total I have interacted with in this game.

I know sometimes I let my emotions get the better of me and I can be a bit sharp with people, but I asked today in server "Is any other Commando medic having trouble keeping their tank companion alive against elites?" and got responses like "no, you just dont know your class", "Commando's are faceroll, you are obviously doing something wrong", and then a few about my mothers sexual orientation and telling me to go back to WoW. To make matters worse I did a /who and nobody that answered actually was a trooper, let alone a commando.

I like a bit of banter as much as the next guy, but seriously. This game is going down the tubes.

JimG's Avatar


JimG
12.25.2011 , 08:02 PM | #12
Just like any gaming community, it's a mixed bag. I've come across some great people while out questing or teaming up for heroics and flashpoints. I've also regularly turned off general chat because there was so much nonsense being spewed about. Some people have gone out of their way to help with datacrons. Others have pulled a ninja move on a quest item while I killed the boss guarding it. Being on Harbinger, I actually don't mind the que's due to it being the unofficial Oceanic server because I'm on the West Coast and usually play late at night. I love playing with the Aussies because they are usually the most polite and fun players I come across...it was that way on CoH too.

billywiggins's Avatar


billywiggins
12.25.2011 , 08:18 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaick View Post
I just wish people would stop giving me the same answer when I ask a question in general chat

"Because you touch yourself"
I used to touch myself like you, but then I took an arrow to the............





Knee

Dodia's Avatar


Dodia
12.25.2011 , 08:20 PM | #14
In-game community: Excellent, except when the planet is empty as it often is for me.

Forum community: Possibly the worst ever, mostly populated by hardcore fanboys and, on the other end of the spectrum, people saying this game sucks because it is too much like WoW/not enough like WoW.

PeacefulViolence's Avatar


PeacefulViolence
12.25.2011 , 08:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by aguamoose View Post
Would you say the games community is a good one or a bad one?

I can only speak for myself and my own experiences but after rolling on an RP server I find the community to be very volatile. Sure there are very nice people in the game, but the more and more i play the more nasty and intolerant i find people to be.

So what has your experience been playing with people on the servers?



People who only use guild chat need not answer.

The community is fine, there are good and bad people in every community so you can't say that there is such thing as a perfect community, but this one is bearable, after a week or two the trolls will hopefully get tired of complaining and move onto another game, or actually play SWTOR and stop trolling the forums. Either way, things will get better...

PainOfDemise's Avatar


PainOfDemise
12.25.2011 , 08:26 PM | #16
So far from what I have seen the community is better than most of the other MMO's I have played, but it is also really new yet and a lot of people haven't joined it yet. So as of right now the community is good, no matter what though, you're going to have your idiots running around. So far it's pretty good, but you will have to ask that again in about 5 months or so.

Cheezecake's Avatar


Cheezecake
12.25.2011 , 08:29 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by aguamoose View Post
Would you say the games community is a good one or a bad one?

I can only speak for myself and my own experiences but after rolling on an RP server I find the community to be very volatile. Sure there are very nice people in the game, but the more and more i play the more nasty and intolerant i find people to be.

So what has your experience been playing with people on the servers?



People who only use guild chat need not answer.

Community is the most casual of any game, very close minded and has no clue how to CC or anything properly (which sometimes makes dungeons a pain) because they just dont play enough or played games (like wow) "casually" and think that makes them a hardcore expert. Its quite obvious when you pair up with someone who knows their **** and it makes stuff SO much easier.

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
12.25.2011 , 08:30 PM | #18
emerging community on my RP server has been very pleasant so far. I had good time grouping with people, there seems to be a segment of Monthy Python and Star trek fans, I don't think I've been a single completely silent group so far. in general people are helpful, i haven't ran into a lot of RP so far, but I have seen some...

we'll see how it keeps developing. communities are not born, they are made over time.

edited. I used to know someone named Sheezecake in WoW...

also - some people are new and/or inexperienced. they just need guidance and a bit of patience.

Keldain's Avatar


Keldain
12.25.2011 , 08:35 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dodia View Post
In-game community: Excellent, except when the planet is empty as it often is for me.

Forum community: Possibly the worst ever, mostly populated by hardcore fanboys and, on the other end of the spectrum, people saying this game sucks because it is too much like WoW/not enough like WoW.
The hostility and general all-round negativity of this forums is so not in-tune with how this game plays, how the community is online that I'm wondering if something fishy is going on.

Honestly and seriously, I'm beginning to wonder if there are a significant number of people on here either working at, or getting paid by, rival MMO companies to generate bad publicity and press for the game.

Poisoning forums is a known (though underhanded and potentially illegal) business pracitce, and I doubt that a company like Blizzard would stoop to it. But I wouldn't put it past some of the smaller MMO companies (after all, for all we focus on SWTOR vs WOW the damage this game is doing to WoW is much less significant than what it's doing by taking subs from games that were already quite small to start with).

Cheezecake's Avatar


Cheezecake
12.25.2011 , 08:38 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Keldain View Post
The hostility and general all-round negativity of this forums is so not in-tune with how this game plays, how the community is online that I'm wondering if something fishy is going on.

Honestly and seriously, I'm beginning to wonder if there are a significant number of people on here either working at, or getting paid by, rival MMO companies to generate bad publicity and press for the game.

Poisoning forums is a known (though underhanded and potentially illegal) business pracitce, and I doubt that a company like Blizzard would stoop to it. But I wouldn't put it past some of the smaller MMO companies (after all, for all we focus on SWTOR vs WOW the damage this game is doing to WoW is much less significant than what it's doing by taking subs from games that were already quite small to start with).
You my friend are making the bioware community look retarded as can be with this post.