Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Community: your opinion

aguamoose
12.25.2011 , 06:53 PM | #1
Would you say the games community is a good one or a bad one?

I can only speak for myself and my own experiences but after rolling on an RP server I find the community to be very volatile. Sure there are very nice people in the game, but the more and more i play the more nasty and intolerant i find people to be.

So what has your experience been playing with people on the servers?

People who only use guild chat need not answer.

DWarrior
12.25.2011 , 06:54 PM | #2
My server is fine at the moment (pvp). There are times where the WoW talk goes on and trails on a little longer than I would like but I wouldn't say it's volatile.
1020 367
Zabrak Marauder ---

Malus_Rex
12.25.2011 , 06:54 PM | #3
Just the same as any other community.

You will meet some nice people... some not so nice.
Azrael
Jedi Sentinel
Lightside
Collectors Edition

FlyingGroundhog
12.25.2011 , 06:55 PM | #4
Well when it came out people hated me for no reason, but on the forums and in general it's good.

Maybe it was because it launched so late, so people were crabby...I was there for the launch of "The Bastion" server.

People are quite helpful on the forums, so that's great too.

Jaick
12.25.2011 , 06:55 PM | #5
I just wish people would stop giving me the same answer when I ask a question in general chat

"Because you touch yourself"

Xerda
12.25.2011 , 06:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Malus_Rex View Post
Just the same as any other community.

You will meet some nice people... some not so nice.
Indeed, it can also vary by what time of day it is.
Help me, Bio-Ware Support; you're my only hope.

Mannic
12.25.2011 , 06:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by aguamoose View Post
I can only speak for myself and my own experiences but after rolling on an RP server I find the community to be very volatile. Sure there are very nice people in the game, but the more and more i play the more nasty and intolerant i find people to be.

People who only use guild chat need not answer.
I don't know you and you might be a great player, and you haven't said specifically where you're encountering these people; but I will say, in all honesty, that when I read something like the above quote, I tend to think the person who wrote it needs to get better at the game and figure out what he's doing wrong in the group. I almost never run into "nasty and intolerant" people, but when players start to screw up, don't focus fire targets, haven't learned how to work within a group, they tend to run into more nasty and intolerant people.

aguamoose
12.25.2011 , 07:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
I don't know you and you might be a great player, and you haven't said specifically where you're encountering these people; but I will say, in all honesty, that when I read something like the above quote, I tend to think the person who wrote it needs to get better at the game and figure out what he's doing wrong in the group. I almost never run into "nasty and intolerant" people, but when players start to screw up, don't focus fire targets, haven't learned how to work within a group, they tend to run into more nasty and intolerant people.
But like I said, keeping my companion alive, as in some elite mobs do too much DPS for me to keep him alive. But as it happens I did a quick respec and now very content in my class. i never mentioned group play at all. But there we have it. People assume just because someone is having problems they are a bad player. I simply came across a bad game mechanic and overcame it.

Sajikus
12.25.2011 , 07:02 PM | #9
It's the same as any other community, online or otherwise.

It's mostly full of decent people who are just minding their own collective businesses.

Then there is the vocal minority. Sadly the most vocal also tend to be the most...well...petulant. They cry wolf at every little hiccup and what's even more sad is that they somehow convince people to believe them.
"Whatever the Republic's packing, I'll smash it. Standard rates apply."

Mannic
12.25.2011 , 07:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by aguamoose View Post
But like I said, keeping my companion alive, as in some elite mobs do too much DPS for me to keep him alive. But as it happens I did a quick respec and now very content in my class. i never mentioned group play at all. But there we have it. People assume just because someone is having problems they are a bad player. I simply came across a bad game mechanic and overcame it.
"Like you said?"

Forgive me, but I don't see where you said that previously.