Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What some don't understand about Neutrality.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What some don't understand about Neutrality.

CJ_SAX_MAN
04.09.2012 , 10:43 PM | #131
can agree here, although my warrior is still dark but does pick a few lightside options.

He is evil but has honor as I like to put it. He doesn't go needlessly murdering everytime. Though it depends on the situation.
Sarthist, Jedi Guardian Guild: Inferno Server: The Fatman
Please help me get Bioware to make my guide into a "sticky"
Guide for players on weak computers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383030

mmaker
12.16.2012 , 06:30 AM | #132
one year later and still no neutral relics for us... *** is going on.. do bioware want people to play their game.. need to start listen to your customers.. jeeez

wainot-keel
12.16.2012 , 06:41 AM | #133
They could add a few schematics for relics. Everthing, for leveling, can be crafted. Everything. Except Relics.

Karkais
12.16.2012 , 06:43 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by mmaker View Post
one year later and still no neutral relics for us... *** is going on.. do bioware want people to play their game.. need to start listen to your customers.. jeeez
There are neutral relics, but they are endgame. None while levelling pretty much.

I just dont like that there is an ingame reason to pick one of the other alignment, but not to remain neutral. I always dislike it if I'm being pushed to do something, instead of it being a free choice.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Caelith
12.16.2012 , 03:29 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by CJ_SAX_MAN View Post
can agree here, although my warrior is still dark but does pick a few lightside options.

He is evil but has honor as I like to put it. He doesn't go needlessly murdering everytime. Though it depends on the situation.
Same for my Sorc except he is mostly lightside.

Some of the darkside options are just plain stupid, why kill someone who will be more useful alive.
The siege of Coruscant was in fact brought to an end after the republic agreed to give the Empire a Shrubbery, one that looked nice and wasn't too expensive.

Whillwynn
12.17.2012 , 04:58 AM | #136
I agree to an extent... but frankly, alignment gear is an afterthought in this game. At 50, none of it is worth keeping. Even the relics are worthless, since the Champion ones you get for free from the PvP quest are better (and for several AC's, close to best-in-slot).

The alignment system is flawed, but it's largely inconsequential as well. Much like Legacy, it just needs a revamp. I think one nice thing would be the ability to buy "swaps" for your ability based on alignment (for instance, DS Consulars could buy a perk that lets them make their Telekinetic abilities look like lightning instead, and LS Inqs could do the opposite. Same with Knights and Statis/Force Choke).
"People throw away what they could have by insisting on perfection, which they cannot have, and looking for it where they will never find it." - Edith Schaeffer

psandak
12.17.2012 , 03:09 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Whillwynn View Post
I think one nice thing would be the ability to buy "swaps" for your ability based on alignment (for instance, DS Consulars could buy a perk that lets them make their Telekinetic abilities look like lightning instead, and LS Inqs could do the opposite. Same with Knights and Statis/Force Choke).
I like this idea.

Getting back on topic....

I recently leveled a "neutral" character and while I was not able to acquire relics due to the alignment restrictions, I did not feel "gimped". Yes, I'm sure my character would have been that much better if he had had relics equipped, but how much better REALLY? Up until level 36 LS/DS III relics only provide endurance and either alacrity or crit&surge on a CD. And even then only a handful offer a +power bonus after that (and all of those provide tanking stats on a CD). It is only once you hit level 50 that the CD part of the relics start to matter.

I am just saying that not having relics while leveling is not as bad as some make it out to be.