Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Long Forgotten Evil

bliapis
01.27.2012 , 04:05 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Seipherwood View Post
How in the world are you suppose to beat the Avatar of Sel-Makor? He just destroys me in under 10 seconds, this isnt even labeled as a group quest.

Every other end planet mission has been soloable, i dont see how this one is, unless your 50 or something. he nukes for 4-6k, massive aoe force chokes, big aoe.

Anyone have tips on beating him or something? Its annoying leaving something un-finished.
My friend was L47 he asked me to help do the quest. I was either 46 or 46 SW Jug.

The encounter was really easy with my interrupt and his too. Im sure that solo would pose alot of failure (as he did alot of tries and failed).

Or get to 50 and try again. Lower lvl quests get alot easier.
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

Gelious
01.30.2012 , 09:46 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by -NovalGaraint- View Post
This is seriously the saddest thing ive ever heard.......

First off, this fight is 110% about INTERUPTING.......not your cooldowns, INTERUPTING..

Ive solo'd this fight on my Sith Assassin and Juggernaut

Its not about having "your bestest companionzorrz!"

Seriously, if you cant beat him, ignore all the fail above...

Find your interupt skills / short term CC's / etc

For juggernaut it i start like this;

Hit him, he starts to cast, Force Push....saber throw, scream OH hes casting, charge, interupted, ravage him, hes casting again!!! force choke, more slashing and hacking, at this point im at about 80% and hes around 30%....

OH KNOES! more casting! Disruption! (notice this is the FIRST time ive used my actual DISRUPT.........hes now around 20-15% by now, lotsa screaming, crushing blow, smash, etc, OH NO HES MAKING A LAST DITCH TO CAST SOME BADDIE STUFF !!!

BACKhanded like a little girl, ravage him, good night, thanks for coming (throughout this fight as a lvl 45 Juggernaut using JAESA (not healing companion) i never even used one of my defensive cooldowns, so to the newb saying its about cooldowns and companions, go L2Play

Id do a run down for the assassin really quick but id have to change chars to remember the proper names for the skills, but this fight really is candy from a baby easy.....

GO LEARN YOUR INTERUPT ABILITIES!!!!!
First you are late, in the post just above yours i told i killed him with another player.
Second, I am not Jugg, Marauders dont have a Backhand ability which i am unfamiliar with anyway.
"No, they will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa, SWTOR
Gelious, Sith Marauder 50 lvl - Red Eclipse;
Xatras, Jedi Guardian 50 lvl - Red Eclipse;

Kiarapanther
02.10.2012 , 05:26 AM | #23
This is seriously the saddest thing ive ever heard.......

First off, this fight is 110% about INTERUPTING.......not your cooldowns, INTERUPTING..

Ive solo'd this fight on my Sith Assassin and Juggernaut

Its not about having "your bestest companionzorrz!"

Seriously, if you cant beat him, ignore all the fail above...

Find your interupt skills / short term CC's / etc

For juggernaut it i start like this;

Hit him, he starts to cast, Force Push....saber throw, scream OH hes casting, charge, interupted, ravage him, hes casting again!!! force choke, more slashing and hacking, at this point im at about 80% and hes around 30%....

OH KNOES! more casting! Disruption! (notice this is the FIRST time ive used my actual DISRUPT.........hes now around 20-15% by now, lotsa screaming, crushing blow, smash, etc, OH NO HES MAKING A LAST DITCH TO CAST SOME BADDIE STUFF !!!

BACKhanded like a little girl, ravage him, good night, thanks for coming (throughout this fight as a lvl 45 Juggernaut using JAESA (not healing companion) i never even used one of my defensive cooldowns, so to the newb saying its about cooldowns and companions, go L2Play

Id do a run down for the assassin really quick but id have to change chars to remember the proper names for the skills, but this fight really is candy from a baby easy.....

I am so tired of people with your attitude. I know I have several interrupts. They didn't seem to work very well. He is halfway through casting and I hit my interrupt. I see that my interrupt is on cooldown, so I know I didn't miss it, and gee, he is still casting and I get my butt kicked.

I know I have several interrupts. I usually go into a boss fight making sure all my bag of tricks are off of cooldown so I can use all of my interrupts to full effect. That is how I play. Still can't beat this SOB at level 47 and Im really tired of the high repair bills.

I'm so happy for you that you are so blessed that you not only think this game is easy, but you feel you can lord it over everyone else and tell us what crybabies we are.

Karkais
02.10.2012 , 05:37 AM | #24

As an inquisitor I can say that he does dangerous stuff at roughly twice the speed that my only interrupt (that can affect him) recharges. Try again.

The best solution to this quest is to bring a friend. Thats it. I do like hard stuff sometimes, but this quest should be labeled 2+.

ps. Ive been level 50 for weeks, but I do remember that this quest made me stop. I ran into only two bosses that I couldnt solo, avatar was one of them.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Vincire
02.10.2012 , 11:10 AM | #25
I beat my head against this guy for about an hour and finally gave up. As a Rage Spec'd Juggernaut, he is impossible to beat. I simply do not have enough interrupts to keep his spells in check.

If this quest is indeed soloable, he needs to be toned down a bit. Otherwise, label it +2
Judan Dalratha -- 55 Jedi Guardian

Ranadiel_Marius
02.11.2012 , 07:25 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vincire View Post
I beat my head against this guy for about an hour and finally gave up. As a Rage Spec'd Juggernaut, he is impossible to beat. I simply do not have enough interrupts to keep his spells in check.

If this quest is indeed soloable, he needs to be toned down a bit. Otherwise, label it +2
Soloed him as a Vengence Juggernaut. I don't think I have any more interupts than you would.

Had trouble with him and then I remembered I had Saber Ward and Call on the Force(which I hadn't used with my Juggernaut) and then beat him on my next run.

jimmybob
02.12.2012 , 08:22 PM | #27
As a sorcerer, I'm finding this IMPOSSIBLE.

This fight DESPERATELY needs a tweak.

I completely skipped this guy. Flat out have not finished the planet yet. I completed the Voss BONUS quest and have started Corellia before beating this guy. How messed up is that, Bioware? How messed up is that?

Mechavomit
02.12.2012 , 08:26 PM | #28
The final bosses seem easy compared to this guy. I survived him with 40-ish hp left, and that's with using Quinn AND medpacks. I was level-appropriate too.

Frenden
03.03.2012 , 03:15 PM | #29
As a tank-spec level 48 Powertech, he kicks my butt. I don't even get him to half health before I melt, and this is with using Mako and medpacs.

He's one of only two bosses so far that I've felt are almost impossible. (The other was Reiki on Belsavis, 'Target Rich Environment') This guy needs a nerf desperately, because he's actually harder than the final boss in the class quest storyline.

Bloodymoon
03.03.2012 , 04:28 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
First you are late, in the post just above yours i told i killed him with another player.
Second, I am not Jugg, Marauders dont have a Backhand ability which i am unfamiliar with anyway.
As a Marauder, you have 5 abilities to stop his cast. You have 2 very good cds and an amazing burst
aka Moon