Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vibroknife display

Wtfoptimus
12.24.2011 , 04:11 PM | #1
Anyone else think that we should get actual in-game visual models of vibro-knives? For operatives (or agents as a whole), you know to increase the bamf level. Although I'm sure it would take a lot of work for developers to revamp the way we use our melee/tech skills :/

I want more than just a stat stick!

Iivewire
12.24.2011 , 04:14 PM | #2
yep, as soon as you chose operative for your advanced class, the "auto attack" skill should be changed to something melee, and the blaster rifle should become nothing more than a stat stick, with vibroknives being visible, modifiable weapons.

in fact, i cant beleive they didnt do that to begin with as it seems pretty much common sense for a stealth based melee class

Mavella
12.24.2011 , 07:41 PM | #3
I think they should get a Pistol in the mainhand and their knife in the offhand dual wield with both visible at the same time!

taek
12.24.2011 , 07:48 PM | #4
Agreed.

I'd be happy if it was just displayed holstered on my belt or back TBH.
It just seems odd to have your main weapon/tool be invisible all the time.

Ragingtortoise
12.24.2011 , 10:57 PM | #5
I also agree. Although, with one in the back and one in the front, it's not entirely hidden
But I would like to see it and have different knives have different models.
Spoiler

qqemokitty
12.25.2011 , 02:07 AM | #6
I continue to find it bizarre that:

1. I am a melee/close combat class
2. I have a rifle type weapon out during all close combat
3. In my cut scenes I have a blaster pistol on my hip, which movie-me uses often
4. Said blaster pistol is never visible or used at any other time
5. Most of my skills are now melee, but my knife appears nowhere at any time except when using the skills.

In conflusion:

I like the weapon on my back and want to keep it. As a stat stick. I would then like to also be bristling with knives at all times. Or at least like, one knife. Just one?

And what's with the blaster again? :P
Let them see what is not there, and feel what does not touch them.
When they no longer trust their senses... that is the time to strike.

AtomicDP
12.25.2011 , 01:42 PM | #7
i agree, when i was playing an operative i think this is what put me off from continuing. having your main weapon not visible really hampers the experience in my opinion. its why im going scoundrel as my operative equivalent (they just whip **** with their gun), but scoundrels have problems with shotgun instead. a scoundrel uses a shotgun much like an operative uses a knife for certain moves, which is unfortunate because a shotgun not on ur back is worse than a knife. overall, i'll deal with it because the blaster whip is cool
THE STARSHOOTER LEGACY

Reifier
12.25.2011 , 10:10 PM | #8
Yeah definitely agree. There needs to be a graphic and auto attack for Melee

marshalleck
12.25.2011 , 11:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AtomicDP View Post
i agree, when i was playing an operative i think this is what put me off from continuing. having your main weapon not visible really hampers the experience in my opinion. its why im going scoundrel as my operative equivalent (they just whip **** with their gun), but scoundrels have problems with shotgun instead. a scoundrel uses a shotgun much like an operative uses a knife for certain moves, which is unfortunate because a shotgun not on ur back is worse than a knife. overall, i'll deal with it because the blaster whip is cool
Too bad that's all undone by how uncool Corso is

Verg
12.26.2011 , 12:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
I continue to find it bizarre that:

1. I am a melee/close combat class
2. I have a rifle type weapon out during all close combat
3. In my cut scenes I have a blaster pistol on my hip, which movie-me uses often
4. Said blaster pistol is never visible or used at any other time
5. Most of my skills are now melee, but my knife appears nowhere at any time except when using the skills.

In conflusion:

I like the weapon on my back and want to keep it. As a stat stick. I would then like to also be bristling with knives at all times. Or at least like, one knife. Just one?

And what's with the blaster again? :P
I like everything you just said, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously, what IS with that kriffing blaster pistol? WHERE DOES IT GO WHEN THE CUTSCENE IS OVER?!
I am a Chiss Gunslinger. Your argument is invalid.