Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the system requirements wrong?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Are the system requirements wrong?

Blndiebby
12.24.2011 , 10:08 AM | #1
So are the system requirements wrong or is there something wrong with the game? According to Can You Run It my system is more than enough to run this game but I have issues with graphics flickering/blocking or crashing every 5 minutes in some cases.

My computer system is no where near top of the line but if my system specs exceed what they say the requirements are I expect to at least be able to play without crashing or game breaking graphic issues. I have everything set to low, shadows are off, bloom is off, vsync is off, and the convo option thing beside bloom is off. I have tried getting to high, applying, setting to low, and applying and still having issues.

So it comes down to that the listed system requirements are wrong or there is something wrong with the game.

renegadeimp
12.24.2011 , 10:10 AM | #2
Can you run it is an absolutely terrible site for judging your computers performance in any game.

As for your last statement, im willing to bet its an issue with your system, especially as you seem to be taking that site as gospel when it comes down to how your computer can play a game.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Hoffers
12.24.2011 , 10:11 AM | #3
Factors afflict diffrent in game.

I have a discent computer it runs fun with game in general Star wars loads perfect and all but other games like wow have crap fps...

whats effecting this is my internet was crap got a upgrad wich helped alot so nearly all online activety is 100%

If you got bad internet cable games can get effected.

if your computers gpu is overheating you will get side effects mine Gpu on my former computer made the fens and modercard to flash burn.

Mattst
12.24.2011 , 10:12 AM | #4
its gotta be something server side or a game issue..cuz i only get like 40 frames..then some times 19...*** and i have a 6 core..a 2 gig video card..16 gig ram..I got a beast set up..and 19 frames? wth...they need to fix whatever is going on server side.
Proud Owner Of An Overpriced Collector's Edition Of SW:ToR

http://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=729623P01

Gifloun
12.24.2011 , 10:19 AM | #5
The min system requirements lead people to believe that 5 year old pc will run this game and it's kind of misleading. I'm sure it might launch with the system min but it wouldn't be pretty. The System Recommended is really the MIN Requirements to play on lowest settings possible atm. I am above the recommended a good bit and I can play on low at 40'ish fps but in some areas like Imp Fleet or WZ's 10-14.
!!!!!ii‾δ‾‾Pך▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Blndiebby
12.24.2011 , 12:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Can you run it is an absolutely terrible site for judging your computers performance in any game.

As for your last statement, im willing to bet its an issue with your system, especially as you seem to be taking that site as gospel when it comes down to how your computer can play a game.
Hmmm first time I have heard that Can you run it is terrible. My understand is it takes the system requirements set by the companies and compares it to what your system has. Not sure how that can be bad.

And never said I took that site as gospel. I usually play on a pretty good gaming computer but it died a couple months back so I am playing on a worse system atm.

pookiejin
12.24.2011 , 12:12 PM | #7
canurunit is bad. my PC is over 7 years old single core processor. canurunit says its ok...
according to the Min Req. i should have a dual core processor.

sure the sigle core runs at 3.0GHz but the min is a dual core at 2.0GHz, shouldnt it fail the test?

Blndiebby
12.24.2011 , 12:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gifloun View Post
The min system requirements lead people to believe that 5 year old pc will run this game and it's kind of misleading. I'm sure it might launch with the system min but it wouldn't be pretty. The System Recommended is really the MIN Requirements to play on lowest settings possible atm. I am above the recommended a good bit and I can play on low at 40'ish fps but in some areas like Imp Fleet or WZ's 10-14.
I understand that the system requirements are the miminum for the game to run on absolutely lowest settings. What I am saying is I exceed the system requirements (although not by a lot), have everything on the lowest settings and I can't run the game. It crashes on a regular basis and has game breaking not just bad graphics. When I am talking game breaking graphics I mean I get big blocks of color, can't see my companion, can't see the setting, can't see half my character, etc. If it was just fuzzy graphics I could live with that at least I could play the game.

Blndiebby
12.24.2011 , 12:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by pookiejin View Post
canurunit is bad. my PC is over 7 years old single core processor. canurunit says its ok...
according to the Min Req. i should have a dual core processor.

sure the sigle core runs at 3.0GHz but the min is a dual core at 2.0GHz, shouldnt it fail the test?
So overall it says you can run it or when you look at the breakdown it is showing you mean each of the requirements even with a single core? If it says you meet the dual core requirement when you have a single core than I see an issue.

When I go to the site it says I exceed each of the requirements individually not just that I can run the game.

Not sure I explained that clearly. LOL

pookiejin
12.24.2011 , 12:19 PM | #10
ye. each requirement is met including the single core. its a sensable website but i think the way it senses your parts is off. i think its just reading the GHz not the actual cores.