Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jaesa Willsaam vs Vette

tatatan
10.29.2012 , 05:42 PM | #31
Hi,
for me it's Vette all the way.
I'm jugg tank, so what i do is regularly use 'Intercede' (leap on friendly) on her (which grants her dmg reduction and drop of aggro for 5sec) and same because of this leap, i get to enough distance from mobs so i can force leap back at the mob(s) - which grants me unstoppable (again dmg reduction, rage cost free force scream ...etc etc ..)
I cant do this with Jaesa.
And ofc Vette is out of AoEs so .. i really dont have to think hard which comp to choose.
And ... I like Vette personality better (but that's another matter)

Arlanon
11.13.2012 , 05:39 AM | #32
I had both characters at a comparable gear level. I preferred Jaesa for a few reasons, mainly her CC ability, as well as standing within range of Guard. If she does pull aggro, the mobs don't run from me. It's easy enough to move her out of a fire by simply hitting Ctrl+2 as you run away. She will disengage and run after you.

Vette has a lot of attacks that have charge times. If she gets attacked, she will suffer pushback on her activation times. Conversely, Jaesa attacks so quickly that she probably inflicts quite a bit of pushback on her opponent's activation times.

Jaesa: Fast attacks, stands in range of Guard, has Force Leap, Chilling Scream.
Vette: Slow attacks, stands out of range of Guard, roots herself when she shoots, has AoE.

All things considered, I think it is a matter of application. For PvP go Jaesa. For PvE go Vette. That way you can gear them accordingly.

Chaloss
11.13.2012 , 05:51 AM | #33
One thing I have not seen mentioned much is that Vette and Quinn can use same gear (except offhand) so you gearing up both of them (assuming you go for mods and not quest drops with specific name). That was considerable factor for my marauder.