Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jaesa Willsaam vs Vette

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jaesa Willsaam vs Vette

mminczes
01.10.2012 , 12:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by revial View Post
The only remotely good thing about Jaesa is her snare allows you to use Savage Kick far more often then you would likely use it without her.

Vette is simply the superior dps. I know, I know, you guys want to bone the **** out of Jaesa so you want to have her out, but don't let your ***** cloud your judgement.
I'm not sure about the superior dps, it seems very close, but I use Jaesa over Vette most of the time, as a rage spec Marauder we tear through **** together. But I'd rather do Vette, she has a much cuter voice, and a better personality

Zellviren
01.13.2012 , 05:51 AM | #22
Has anyone actually geared both to roughly the same level and found out any more objective differences? Truthfully, my Jaesa is a mile ahead (which I'm glad about because I prefer her; she's my apprentice, after all) but that's because her gear is a truckload better.

DarthVindictus
01.13.2012 , 06:18 AM | #23
There's a few minor points in Jaesa's favor to be considered. jaesa will also immobilize targets when she jumps, including players, making her good for world PVP, as people will try to kite you, she also has a snare (which Vette has no snares), which allows you to use savage kick without blowing rage of your own.

Also, because she's melee she'll be right next to you, if she pulls threat on one or more mobs therefore, they won't move. If Vette pulls aggro on a melee mob, they run after her, and then you have to go grab them back.

Voblat
01.13.2012 , 06:34 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by cynicalj View Post
I don't understand why you can't kite with Jaessa when it hits the fan as well. Same concept, you lock in his aggro and and snare and kite. Jaessa even has a snare ability to help you in kiting.

Am I missing something? Why is Vette better for kiting?
At higher levels, and especially the last two class quests, there are plenty of champions with big damage aoe attacks, Jaesa has to be in them to dps, but whereas you can easily avoid it, the AI doesnt, she just stands in it wailing on the mob, at 50, this means she is dead.

Vette is better here simply because she is ranged, it just works better within the constraints of how the game develops.

WereWyvern
01.13.2012 , 06:50 AM | #25
Jug tank here. I am equipping both at the same level (approximatively). I use Jaesa just because she looks cool and yeah, it seems her dps is similar to Vette (at least that's how it feels) but when I duo flashpoints with my wife or we do some harder content I always use Vette for the survability factor. Jaesa I use only for content I know she'll stay alive reliably.
Everything is proceeding exactly as I had foreseen.

Zellviren
01.16.2012 , 03:57 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by WereWyvern View Post
Jug tank here. I am equipping both at the same level (approximatively). I use Jaesa just because she looks cool and yeah, it seems her dps is similar to Vette (at least that's how it feels) but when I duo flashpoints with my wife or we do some harder content I always use Vette for the survability factor. Jaesa I use only for content I know she'll stay alive reliably.
Thanks for that.

Due to my inability to do decent group content (IGC laptop user), I suspect I’ll spend a lot of time working on building up affection and gear for my companions. It’s a bit of a shame that Jaesa is perfectly competitive on damage, but still shares the age old problems inherent with being a melee combatant. I suppose the problem is that it’s hard to fix this without making her horribly OP in other environments… Namely, PvP.

Exiledtyrant
01.16.2012 , 04:30 AM | #27
the differenc eis glaringly obvious. jaesa is better single target dps and vette is simply better aoe dps ( you can discern the difference from their cooldowns and stances)

Frostbird
01.16.2012 , 08:33 AM | #28
Vette is cuter. I will be keeping my sassy little blue lady around as long as possible

Drackkor
10.28.2012 , 11:30 AM | #29
Vette vs Jaesa against multiple targets = Vette

Vette vs Jaesa against one target = Jaesa

Vette usually will die faster because shes out of range with guard and doesnt have a shield ability like Jaesa

I'm talking all coulmni on both.

Now I have almost all Black hole gear on Vette and Jaesa is an after thought. When i need a companion its against typically multiple targets.

Vette has a better attitude and is more fun of a wife than Jaesa.

verfallen
10.28.2012 , 12:56 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Drackkor View Post
Vette vs Jaesa against multiple targets = Vette

Vette vs Jaesa against one target = Jaesa

Vette usually will die faster because shes out of range with guard and doesnt have a shield ability like Jaesa

I'm talking all coulmni on both.

Now I have almost all Black hole gear on Vette and Jaesa is an after thought. When i need a companion its against typically multiple targets.

Vette has a better attitude and is more fun of a wife than Jaesa.
Vette actually has a similar shield ability "survival instinct" increasing her defenses.

Each have pro and cons, and here I do both. My LS mara uses vette, my immortal DS jug uses jaesa. if Jaesa pull, there is no running, mob stays beside you, but as pointed out she'll be caught in the AoE. (can be avoided if you force push a mob for her and sync her on it tough).

If vette pulls, jug has a taunt, but mara doesn't. I do normally dont care if she has one mob on her with my mara, mot being a tank. It can be funny when a melee start running tiward vette, gets taunted back and effectively get finished by vette mid-run.

In the end, both work, vette tends to have better survivability in AoE heavy fights.