Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jaesa Willsaam vs Vette

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jaesa Willsaam vs Vette

NemesisKay
12.24.2011 , 12:44 AM | #1
I know there has been many threads about this, but i was wondering which would be the better DPS overall.

I am currently speced immortal jugg.

How is everyones experience with using vette and using Jaesa?

Tersidre
12.24.2011 , 01:01 AM | #2
i am a lvl 45 immortal jug... i have been using vette 90% of the time.

From what i have seen both of them are about the same dps wise it just comes down to flavor of dps.. i personally think vette's ranged combat goes well with my tanking as i can pull all the mobs and hold em and start doing my aoe which chips away at them all and vette puts them down one at a time.
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Skoll-
12.24.2011 , 01:06 AM | #3
I recently got Jaesa and she seems to do a lot more DPS than my geared Vette. I suppose it's because she starts out at 31 with a 31 gear set. My next step though is to get her an orange saber that I can fully mod.

NemesisKay
12.24.2011 , 01:27 AM | #4
Sounds great. I suppose when i get her, imma be seeing which i prefer.

deserttfoxx
12.24.2011 , 01:37 AM | #5
Heres what i know...

Melee can get kited, vette allows you to kite, you might not have to, but trust me having the option goes a long way.

Also, my vette was in full epics when i got jaessa.. so she out geared her by a large margin, it helps to keep your companions in real gear if you are actually going to debate which is better.
"Soon they will know my name, recognize my face, and understand what it means to be in the presence of true power." - Imitatio Dei Captain Sakari Foxx , Sith Juggernaut (Level 50)

Skoll-
12.24.2011 , 02:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by deserttfoxx View Post
Heres what i know...

Melee can get kited, vette allows you to kite, you might not have to, but trust me having the option goes a long way.

Also, my vette was in full epics when i got jaessa.. so she out geared her by a large margin, it helps to keep your companions in real gear if you are actually going to debate which is better.

I try to keep all my companions in Oranges that way when I go and do my mod changes I can get everyone at once.

DonnieT
12.24.2011 , 02:22 AM | #7
The reason to use jaesa would be so you can enjoy a greater diverse lightsaber rave.
Red Hair and Freckles VIP

Fallenlight
12.24.2011 , 05:13 PM | #8
I've just been giving companions the rewards i get from questing. the gear is specifically for them and that way i dont have to worry about going too far out of my way to gear them. Lvl 32 marauder i use vette and she does excellent dps
Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone

Lareit
12.25.2011 , 01:48 AM | #9
Their damage values are almost identical.

Vette stands safely out of PBaoe
Allows you to kite while she dpses
"Alright! Back to sith buisness. Grrrr"

It's a 1 sided argument

NemesisKay
12.26.2011 , 09:37 PM | #10
At the moment you receive Jaesa as your companion, shes vastly out geared by my Vette. Throughout the game, ive been gearing vette up with nice modded gear and pistols.

When you get Jaesa, shes in all greens. I will be using her for a while to get her gear up then compare damage to see which is better.

From what i've noticed so far is that, yes, vette is at range, allowing you to kite to get the mobs killed, but Jaesa is like adding another tank to the rotation, she can slow, stun, and cc. Once i upgrade her double light saber to something better, i will be able to see her true damage and update you guys.