Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Angral (Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Darth Angral (Spoilers)

Ghoase
12.24.2011 , 09:27 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Avehkai View Post
Well you're all clearly *********** heroes.

15-20 times (I honestly lost count) and I gave up and called a L50 friend in to destroy it for me.

Not possible with a 250ms ping. Interrupts on the force lightning took too long - even when I nailed the interrupt perfectly I lost a large chunk of health because the intterupt didn't go through until the channelling was 3/4ths over.
this guy is honest

I salute you man

Strayth
12.24.2011 , 09:37 AM | #22
Well 250 ms ping is horrible. I have a ****** connexion and I dont' even have that, it's lower than 100 :/ ...

Xenofell
12.24.2011 , 10:42 AM | #23
One try, level 31, guardian. Pop your cooldowns and he's pretty easy.

ITT bad players dying to an easy boss.

Zarthorn
12.24.2011 , 10:48 AM | #24
Odd question but why do I not see force push mentioned as being used by any of the guardians?

Force push works against most elites, champions and bosses save for ones with the special anti-CC debuff....and it makes a useful interupt/breath catcher since the duration is around 2 1/2 sec (0.5 sec air travelling, 2 sec grounded)

So in actuallity you have 3 interupts going into the fight!

Force Kick
Force Push
Force Stasis

StyxzieWaterz
12.24.2011 , 11:07 AM | #25
Wow surprised he gave so many so much trouble >.<

First try and I was juyo speced at level 30.

I opened with Zealous Strike>Overload Saber>Cauterize>Force Stasis>Master Strike>Slash>Overload Saber>Pacify>Force Kick when it was up and I needed the interrupt.

I think he got me down to about 60% before I potted and kept up the beat down.
"The skill level of most people in SWTOR is low, and thus more pvp takes place on the forums with people claiming "Mara's cant be kited" instead of doing the PvP itself and becoming better." - Inhibition

TOBY_FLENDERSON
12.24.2011 , 12:16 PM | #26
5 times as a guardian tank, kept interrupting him and force pushing him over the railing for fall damage and force leap. Force stasis and med packs also helped.
()██████████████████████████████████████) CE VIP

Ghoase
12.24.2011 , 12:19 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarthorn View Post
Odd question but why do I not see force push mentioned as being used by any of the guardians?

Force push works against most elites, champions and bosses save for ones with the special anti-CC debuff....and it makes a useful interupt/breath catcher since the duration is around 2 1/2 sec (0.5 sec air travelling, 2 sec grounded)

So in actuallity you have 3 interupts going into the fight!

Force Kick
Force Push
Force Stasis
yea i used all those also hilt strike its 4 interupts

still took me around 9 times to beat as i couldnt dps him down fast enough

im seeing as the dps specced knights didnt have a problem with him as much as the tanks did

pure_laced
12.24.2011 , 01:04 PM | #28
The good tanks didn't have a problem with him either. I surely didn't. I already mentioned 4 interrupts with weaving Force kick in between the others. Interrupt everything and this fight is a joke.

Example of interrupt order:

Force Kick
Force Stasis (I always follow it with a Pommel Strike/Master's Strike
Force Kick
Force Push
Force Kick
Hilt Strike
etc etc etc

Use your cooldowns while companion is alive. If Guardian spec, you should have zero reason not to kill this with Saber Ward, Call of Focus, Saber Ward again, Warding Call, Enure, Medpac....do I need to go on?

Grimmas
12.24.2011 , 01:22 PM | #29
There was another player trying to progress while I was at Angral. We both struggled. I died twice I think, being level 32 guardian and only getting him down to 20% health, while using all cooldowns and interrupting his abilities as often as possible. Most likely, my gear was not good enough at that point. But we simply teamed up and steamrolled him, he died in about 15 seconds and the mini-boss after him died in 5. Then the quest got bugged and we had to do it a third time...

Lesson learned: two lightsabers are better than one. But that still won't make me roll a Sentinel. Pah.

I think Angral is of an appropriate difficulty, especially for the epic encounter he is part of. Compared to that, the boss at the end of Act 2 is far too easy - the trash mobs on the way to him are ten times harder than he is. While there is a conceivable in-story reason for why he's so easy, it still felt a bit cheap.

Ghoase
12.24.2011 , 02:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
The good tanks didn't have a problem with him either. I surely didn't. I already mentioned 4 interrupts with weaving Force kick in between the others. Interrupt everything and this fight is a joke.

Example of interrupt order:

Force Kick
Force Stasis (I always follow it with a Pommel Strike/Master's Strike
Force Kick
Force Push
Force Kick
Hilt Strike
etc etc etc

Use your cooldowns while companion is alive. If Guardian spec, you should have zero reason not to kill this with Saber Ward, Call of Focus, Saber Ward again, Warding Call, Enure, Medpac....do I need to go on?
cant pommel strike strong targets "good tank" this was pretty much my exact rotation..as far as survivability goes