1-55 in 10 hours, spent only 69k credts.

NogueiraA

I started a new Guardian, bought green gear for me and my companion at lvl 23, than again at lvl 42. Spent total 69k in green gear.

Lvl 47 I went to Makeb, bolster is beaultiful.

So, those complaining about gear problem.. I don't see it if know how to use defensive cooldowns mixed to medpac, avoiding damage, pack of mobs, etc etc.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to know it can be done so quickly and without spending much credits...

Ive heard 8-10 hours too, should be doable to get 1-55 in a weekend. Thats pretty great.

Yes, I'm really enjoying this, it's an awesome move from Bioware.

There's a lot of players who needs some practice and strategy before engaging combat. Not using defensives, pullling 2+ groups of mobs, not ccing/stunning the strongest one, killing strong targets before weak, not interrupting casts etc etc..

Gear won't save you.

Yes, I'm really enjoying this, it's an awesome move from Bioware.

There's a lot of players who needs some practice and strategy before engaging combat. Not using defensives, pullling 2+ groups of mobs, not ccing/stunning the strongest one, killing strong targets before weak, not interrupting casts etc etc..

Gear won't save you.

Perhaps they will L2P from this.

You reached Maked at lvl 47? How did you achieve that? I am lvl 52 on my Gunslinger and I haven't started Corellia yet.

Haven't done any flashpoint, space mission or anything else...

Regardless I agree EA did a nice thing here.

I cant speak to how they may have reached Makeb at 47, but at 47 you can go back to your ship, click on your holo and start the Makeb quest.

I started a new Guardian, bought green gear for me and my companion at lvl 23, than again at lvl 42. Spent total 69k in green gear.

Lvl 47 I went to Makeb, bolster is beaultiful.

So, those complaining about gear problem.. I don't see it if know how to use defensive cooldowns mixed to medpac, avoiding damage, pack of mobs, etc etc.

If I may ask, how did your progression deviate from a standard story mode run? Anything other than skip planets when possible (Tatooine and one more?) and going to Makeb at 47?

Ive heard 8-10 hours too, should be doable to get 1-55 in a weekend. Thats pretty great.

Yes if you aim do to it fast without spending time gathering materials from world. I'm currently experimenting with my Sin (lvl 36 with 4h playtime). Could be done around 7h with a lot of stealthing :)

Yes it is perfectly possible to go to makeb at level 47. You will receive the quest at that level. And makeb now is nerfed and with the bolster you dont even need to gear up. Just use the gear that you have. The thing is that you will be missing the final part of your storyline. So if you just want to level as quickly as possible, yes I DO recommend at level 47 going straight to makeb, otherwise just follow your class storyline if you want to fully enjoy the story.

You spent 69k so far. How much have you made, and or have left over, if I might ask?

Not the OP BUT

Character 1 sentinel 1-55 13 hrs spent 150k made 300kish

Character 2 scoundrel 1-55 10 hrs spent 80k made 300kish

Character 3 Shadow 1-55 8 hrs 40k spent made 300kish

Now get boosted through oricon and on 1st runs of DF, SNV, TFB with a good guild on each of these chars and theres another 2-3m in quest rewards.

If one was inclined then grinding and nuking level 55's is probably the single greatest money maker in SWTOR at the time being.

10hrs average to speed grind a char at a maximum cost of 100k earn 200k profit from just grinding, then boosted through Oricon another 100k and enough gear for ops, run those 3 ops for 2-3m in profit.

You could earn 3m every 2 days using that method it would be boring as heck but it's viable.

The made it to Makeb at 47 by stopping class story and heading to Makeb as soon as they hit 47.

It took me longer but I loath going back to planets to level gathering skills. I finish Chapter 3 on my GS with my character and companion in level 39 blues. Didn't even use heroic moment once.

TBH, I dont see the point of this at all?

This is not BF4:eek:

Its a story of, like me of a lowly level 1 Trooper, 2 years ago, trying to understand the game, and then start the journey.

To my mind trying to get to 55 in such a short time, is like watching the First Lord of the Rings trilogy, and fast forwarding the other two to come to the ending of "return of the King".

Although I have been away from the game a long time, I recently came back and completed The Trooper Story at level 49. Makeb I was given the chance of, but at level 47, I no way had the armour or fire power to defeat 3 level 50-55 NPC's, and both myself and Elara, have been regularly refitted almost every day since, most items being level 48-49, and Mods inserted in items when I could afford them, as some were 36k to buy for purple quality.

This is supposed to be a journey like the real Star wars, Not a race:confused:

Most newcomers I dont think could possibly get to level 25 in 10 hours even??

Did you start level 1 as a new none experienced player, like me, ? or are you already a veteran player?? I cant see how you could possibly understand the mechanics of this game to finish 55 levels in 10 hours, unless your an already established player, putting out a new character, and using already known expertise.

This is not BF4:eek:

Its a story of, like me of a lowly level 1 Trooper, 2 years ago, trying to understand the game, and then start the journey.

To my mind trying to get to 55 in such a short time, is like watching the First Lord of the Rings trilogy, and fast forwarding the other two to come to the ending of "return of the King".

Although I have been away from the game a long time, I recently came back and completed The Trooper Story at level 49. Makeb I was given the chance of, but at level 47, I no way had the armour or fire power to defeat 3 level 50-55 NPC's, and both myself and Elara, have been regularly refitted almost every day since, most items being level 48-49, and Mods inserted in items when I could afford them, as some were 36k to buy for purple quality.

This is supposed to be a journey like the real Star wars, Not a race:confused:

Most newcomers I dont think could possibly get to level 25 in 10 hours even??

Did you start level 1 as a new none experienced player, like me, ? or are you already a veteran player?? I cant see how you could possibly understand the mechanics of this game to finish 55 levels in 10 hours, unless your an already established player, putting out a new character, and using already known expertise.

What?

This thread is about leveling using 12x xp boost from preordering, leveling only through class story. Assuming you tried Makeb and failed. Did you use the bolster from the GSI? Unless you click on the item you don't get it.

The point is to have a 55 level character (or characters) before the expansion hits. At least from the developer side of things.

On our side, I've found the point being to experience the class story (which is unique) and avoid the repetitive planetary quests and side quests. I've finished off characters I abandoned years ago, and started new ones I never would have bothered otherwise.

Not the OP BUT

Character 1 sentinel 1-55 13 hrs spent 150k made 300kish

Character 2 scoundrel 1-55 10 hrs spent 80k made 300kish

Character 3 Shadow 1-55 8 hrs 40k spent made 300kish

Seems like you've been getting better at this over time, so I'll ask you the same thing:

How did your progression deviate from a standard story mode run? Anything other than skip planets when possible (Tatooine and one more?) and going to Makeb at 47?

Seems like you've been getting better at this over time, so I'll ask you the same thing:

How did your progression deviate from a standard story mode run? Anything other than skip planets when possible (Tatooine and one more?) and going to Makeb at 47?

How can you skip planets? I thought you had to do all the story missions.

Edited by xJACKTHERIPPERx

How can you skip planets? I thought you had to do all the story missions.

Correct, you can't skip planets if you intend to progress the storyline (which is where the 12x is coming from). You would have to go to Tattooine to be able to conclude Chapter 1.

Edited by hadoken

Correct, you can't skip planets if you intend to progress the storyline (which is where the 12x is coming from). You would have to go to Tattooine to be able to conclude Chapter 1.

Makes sense. Never skipped a planet myself, but I think I've read leveling guides somewhere that said to skip those planets. My bad.

Class quest only 1-47 then makeb main story only 47-55 didn't skip any planets at all. I wouldnt ay its got better as such just more efficient class storys I'm on a pretty bog standard laptop so load times are quite lengthy for me the knight story is load screen hell with lots of to your ship, to this ship, to tython etc the addition of sneak on shadow and scoundrel has helped a lot as well.

I dare say i could trim another hour off if I had my all singing all dancing gaming rig with swtor on a ssd again (redundancy and having to sell nice things to pay bills sucks)

Edited by thamightyboro

I never understand how people do this stuff. Even removing the time I gathered/crafted/fleet I wouldn't be close to 8-10 hours. I think it took me 24ish hours to go 1-55 and that felt pretty fast. Really the travel times are what kill it for me. Even utilizing things like 10m quick travel, stronghold for quick jumps to fleet/ship, and intentionally dying in some areas I still can't get around fast enough to do that.