Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Fist of the Empire vs the Confederacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Fist of the Empire vs the Confederacy

Canino
08.07.2014 , 02:56 PM | #21
In a fleet engagement, I agree that there is no way I can win in a straight up battle. However, stealthed boarding craft filled with Commando droids will be quite effective.

And does Guri get the Stinger? Maul got his ship....
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Aurbere
08.07.2014 , 02:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
I warn against underestimating the Broadside's. While they indeed were meant for the artillery role, they alone basically equal numbers wise the entire enemy fleet.

While this usually means nothing, it is good to note that due to the extreme range as well as the armaments they can hold, they are a serious threat. What I imagine will happen is that the battle will begin and the Broadsides will take out a few of the Harrower's, perhaps damage the Invincible, and then retreat to hyperspace as pirates love to do.

Continueing to do so with their long range as well as fast support ships such as the corvettes and Interceptors, will make the battle an extremely long one, and the pirates will depend on supply lines to keep their missiles stocked. However, due to the range and speed I believe they will be able to play hit and run well enough to whittle down the opposing fleet.

Do not forget they can all arm themselves with Diamond Boron missiles I think they are called, and that the vessels are very well suited for laying down barrages. Barrages that would likely cause big enough explosions to destroy surrounding star fighters. Should they close the corvettes are numerous enough to completely negate their agility.

Indeed, this is not a head on battle, but a contest of wits.
Considering the CIC has no real tacticians, then Kilran should dominate a contest of wits.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
08.07.2014 , 03:00 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I swear Nar Shadaa is a better fortress world than even Malachor.

Anyway, good luck Canino. I might actually try be more neutral than originally planned here, but I still want Aurbere to win
Neutral? But I helped you.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
08.07.2014 , 03:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Beni and I discussed this. It's just a distinction in case someone else had Imperial Intelligence for the GE. It is the SE's Intelligence.
Thank God.

That is all.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

tunewalker
08.07.2014 , 03:01 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
I warn against underestimating the Broadside's. While they indeed were meant for the artillery role, they alone basically equal numbers wise the entire enemy fleet.

While this usually means nothing, it is good to note that due to the extreme range as well as the armaments they can hold, they are a serious threat. What I imagine will happen is that the battle will begin and the Broadsides will take out a few of the Harrower's, perhaps damage the Invincible, and then retreat to hyperspace as pirates love to do.

Continueing to do so with their long range as well as fast support ships such as the corvettes and Interceptors, will make the battle an extremely long one, and the pirates will depend on supply lines to keep their missiles stocked. However, due to the range and speed I believe they will be able to play hit and run well enough to whittle down the opposing fleet.

Do not forget they can all arm themselves with Diamond Boron missiles I think they are called, and that the vessels are very well suited for laying down barrages. Barrages that would likely cause big enough explosions to destroy surrounding star fighters. Should they close the corvettes are numerous enough to completely negate their agility.

Indeed, this is not a head on battle, but a contest of wits.
The gladiators had a similar role on the opposite side, and they are tougher and faster..... or at least as far as I know.

Selenial
08.07.2014 , 03:02 PM | #26
Neutral? But I helped you.
"Who's side are you on?"

"The Wookiees!"

I'm still gonna win for you, Dw.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

Canino
08.07.2014 , 03:03 PM | #27
Annihilators are a tough thing to make. The Collicoids only made a hundred of them, so I don't see you fielding that many.

Also, the Annihilator is my favorite droid. It's obvious I would take it.
While true, the Colicoids themselves had at least two protecting their own base. I assume they would have some garrisoned elsewhere planet side. And I love them too. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go against them.

I think I topic to be discussed is Kilran's assassination. Guri, Urai Fen, and commando droids would make short work of him. Durge could potentially go after Veers if need by.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Aurbere
08.07.2014 , 03:03 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
"Who's side are you on?"

"The Wookiees!"

I'm still gonna win for you, Dw.
OK, you got me there. But I was mostly on your side, I even argued for Revan.

Selenial
08.07.2014 , 03:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
In a fleet engagement, I agree that there is no way I can win in a straight up battle. However, stealthed boarding craft filled with Commando droids will be quite effective.

And does Guri get the Stinger? Maul got his ship....
Didnt the stinger one shot an ISD?

Surik didn't get her Inexpugnable, little bigger than the stinger but you get the point
Stinger's a little toooooo powerful.

In the same way that Beni didn't allow Cronal's capital ship or G0-T0's yacht.

Aurbere
08.07.2014 , 03:04 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
While true, the Colicoids themselves had at least two protecting their own base. I assume they would have some garrisoned elsewhere planet side. And I love them too. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go against them.

I think I topic to be discussed is Kilran's assassination. Guri, Urai Fen, and commando droids would make short work of him. Durge could potentially go after Veers if need by.
According to Wookieepedia, Kilran defeated a Jedi Strike Team during the Battle of Coruscant. He was also a flashpoint boss, so there's that.