Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Fist of the Empire vs the Confederacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Fist of the Empire vs the Confederacy

tunewalker
08.07.2014 , 02:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Hmm, the Broadside seems like a bad choice.

Aurbere's capital ships can easily withstand the blasts that a broadside can dish out long enough to obliterate them. The entire strength of a broadside was sitting at the edge of a battle hidden behind their capital ships, but they cannot do that here seeing as there are no big capital ships...

In a straight up fleet battle, there's no way the CIC can win, so I guess it all comes out to be down to smuggling tactics?
Ya I agree, there is no shot in hell the CIC can win a straight up fleet engagement. They dont have the fighters, they dont have the shields, the armor, the speed or the firepower. Hell just 2 of the Fury-class's (the elite fighter) would be able to take down the Crusader class Corvettes.

Selenial
08.07.2014 , 02:53 PM | #12
Aurbere, please tell me you meant Imperial Intelligence, not Sith Intelligence?
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Canino
08.07.2014 , 02:53 PM | #13
Of course you have Annihilators.... wonderful. But it's ok. I can smuggle them planetside

And yeah, it stinks Dooku knows my troops. But we shall overcome.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Selenial
08.07.2014 , 02:54 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Of course you have Annihilators.... wonderful. But it's ok. I can smuggle them planetside

Nah, even worse.... He knows Durge.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere
08.07.2014 , 02:54 PM | #15
Good luck, sir. You have a very tough faction form first impressions.

Oh, and Beni, why am is Black Sun on Mustafar? We decided on Nar Shaddaa...
May the best faction win. That's another way of saying that mine will win.

*Bang* Shots fired!
Added Chapter 60 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
08.07.2014 , 02:55 PM | #16
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW RULE ADDED

Before this all kicks off I have a new rule to add to the rulebook:

#119 Each faction will be prequipped by any basic weapons and supplies their supplier and/or organisation can provide e.g. small arms, armor, fighters/transports, elite tech etc. and altogether anything that would be logical to have already armed. What is allowed under this ruling however will ultimately be up to the discretion of the Arbiter.

For a relevant example, many of the Confederacies missile capable units will be equipped with discord missiles.

Aurbere
08.07.2014 , 02:55 PM | #17
Aurbere, please tell me you meant Imperial Intelligence, not Sith Intelligence?
Beni and I discussed this. It's just a distinction in case someone else had Imperial Intelligence for the GE. It is the SE's Intelligence.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Silenceo
08.07.2014 , 02:55 PM | #18
I warn against underestimating the Broadside's. While they indeed were meant for the artillery role, they alone basically equal numbers wise the entire enemy fleet.

While this usually means nothing, it is good to note that due to the extreme range as well as the armaments they can hold, they are a serious threat. What I imagine will happen is that the battle will begin and the Broadsides will take out a few of the Harrower's, perhaps damage the Invincible, and then retreat to hyperspace as pirates love to do.

Continueing to do so with their long range as well as fast support ships such as the corvettes and Interceptors, will make the battle an extremely long one, and the pirates will depend on supply lines to keep their missiles stocked. However, due to the range and speed I believe they will be able to play hit and run well enough to whittle down the opposing fleet.

Do not forget they can all arm themselves with Diamond Boron missiles I think they are called, and that the vessels are very well suited for laying down barrages. Barrages that would likely cause big enough explosions to destroy surrounding star fighters. Should they close the corvettes are numerous enough to completely negate their agility.

Indeed, this is not a head on battle, but a contest of wits.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Beniboybling
08.07.2014 , 02:55 PM | #19
Shhh, you're not allowed to be biased this time Beni... Go back to your corner.

Well as I basically gave Canino his fleets, I think its only fair I put forward an argument for them.

Aurbere
08.07.2014 , 02:56 PM | #20

Annihilators are a tough thing to make. The Collicoids only made a hundred of them, so I don't see you fielding that many.

Also, the Annihilator is my favorite droid. It's obvious I would take it.