Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Practical or For Show?

tunewalker
07.06.2014 , 02:13 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
I calculate that you have exploited some loop hole! You never let us get away with any loop holes...

... You did exactly as I portrayed above, didn't you?
"In some models, hangar bays were positioned in the middle of the ship, where several starfighters were stored.[5] These ships were also heavily shielded and could withstand significant firepower until destruction."

" A system of docking rings lined the sides of each ship."

If we are to take the definition of "several" literally it would be 7 fighters.

tunewalker
07.06.2014 , 02:25 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
No figures are given, but the Recuscant carries 270 fighters, given the size of the Munificent in comparison we might speculate 192, Vulture Droids that is, they could only carry Vulture Droids.

But yeah, because Vulture droids can latch on to objects in zero gravity they can latch on to the hull.
also that might be a good number. That's 16 squads per, I double checked by checking the Invisible hand a Modified Providence class which was roughly the same size as the stock Recusant. It was slightly smaller but it was also said to have made more room for more fighters. They both have the same number of fighters but the Invisible hand has way more land vehicles so I think its appropriate.

I do Assume by its size that you did classify it as a Heavy Cruiser, since it very much fits that size catagory and how it preformed fits the same.

Though I think its closer to 1/4th smaller so I would just give it 180 or a nice 15 squads, I find it a bit more a round number that way. (also makes it easier on those poor people like myself who have to do calculations on it.

Beniboybling
07.06.2014 , 05:21 AM | #153
I calculate that you have exploited some loop hole! You never let us get away with any loop holes...

... You did exactly as I portrayed above, didn't you?
Me? Loop holes? I can assure you that my actions are very much above the board.

Beniboybling
07.06.2014 , 05:24 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
"In some models, hangar bays were positioned in the middle of the ship, where several starfighters were stored.[5] These ships were also heavily shielded and could withstand significant firepower until destruction."

" A system of docking rings lined the sides of each ship."

If we are to take the definition of "several" literally it would be 7 fighters.
Vultures don't need docking rings or hangars, so I expect those were for other starships.

And given that the Recuscant can hold 270, I expect it can fit quite a few in those recesses. Though I haven't actually seen it in action, accept this one instance in which a bunch of Vulture-droids flew off the umbrella hull part.

Beniboybling
07.06.2014 , 05:26 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
also that might be a good number. That's 16 squads per, I double checked by checking the Invisible hand a Modified Providence class which was roughly the same size as the stock Recusant. It was slightly smaller but it was also said to have made more room for more fighters. They both have the same number of fighters but the Invisible hand has way more land vehicles so I think its appropriate.

I do Assume by its size that you did classify it as a Heavy Cruiser, since it very much fits that size catagory and how it preformed fits the same.

Though I think its closer to 1/4th smaller so I would just give it 180 or a nice 15 squads, I find it a bit more a round number that way. (also makes it easier on those poor people like myself who have to do calculations on it.
Interesting. And yes I classed it as a heavy cruiser.

Silenceo
07.06.2014 , 10:07 AM | #156
Me? Loop holes? I can assure you that my actions are very much above the board.
I am watching you Beniboybling, always watching...
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Beniboybling
07.06.2014 , 10:19 AM | #157
I am watching you Beniboybling, always watching...
Lol, that reminded me of this.

Perhaps not a coincidence.

Silenceo
07.06.2014 , 10:24 AM | #158
Lol, that reminded me of this.

Perhaps not a coincidence.
Curses! Caught with my hand in the youtube jar! No coincidence.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Beniboybling
07.06.2014 , 10:28 AM | #159
Curses! Caught with my hand in the youtube jar! No coincidence.
Love that quote, love that film.

Silenceo
07.06.2014 , 10:41 AM | #160
I have a vote to propose.

Is Beniboybling just, For Show, or is he Practical?

For Show: 0 Practical: 1