Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ninja Looters and all their excuses

stealthkitty
04.28.2014 , 03:05 PM | #1
I just came back to playing after a 3 year hiatus. I don't think I have ever seen so much ninja looting (especially bad on the Republic side). I have characters on both sides / factions. I had this happen on just about every friggin run too. After the person needs on everything, and a couple of the group members ask why they are needing, they say, oh sorry was an accident. Or.. you get the "I need it to sell, so piss off" attitude. Or if your a low level toon like say 12-25 they say "you can buy better gear, so who cares if I need on it". It really is incredibly selfish for those of us who are running flashpoints and instances trying to get a particular drop or item. I am making a list on both sides of who not to run an instance with. I mean seriously, this is just bad sportsmanship.

But if you do it and your in my group, you're getting vote kicked out of the group. Rest assured as a tank, I won't take you on any higher level raids either if your on my ninja looter list.

Memo-
04.28.2014 , 03:12 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthkitty View Post
I just came back to playing after a 3 year hiatus. I don't think I have ever seen so much ninja looting (especially bad on the Republic side). I have characters on both sides / factions. I had this happen on just about every friggin run too. After the person needs on everything, and a couple of the group members ask why they are needing, they say, oh sorry was an accident. Or.. you get the "I need it to sell, so piss off" attitude. Or if your a low level toon like say 12-25 they say "you can buy better gear, so who cares if I need on it". It really is incredibly selfish for those of us who are running flashpoints and instances trying to get a particular drop or item. I am making a list on both sides of who not to run an instance with. I mean seriously, this is just bad sportsmanship.

But if you do it and your in my group, you're getting vote kicked out of the group. Rest assured as a tank, I won't take you on any higher level raids either if your on my ninja looter list.
3 year hiatus, wow, that's long! Sure was fun playing back in April 2011, the game has never been the same.
Delarah | Stilva | Ethawn | Luccia<Lice-Ridden Banthas>Tenori | Weimar | Baritoni | Altto
Maliris | Faris | Jauhe | Sopraano<Reilukerho>Všli | Rai'chu | Bas'so | Sakků
   The Lihavuori LegacyTomb of Freedon Nadd

stealthkitty
04.28.2014 , 04:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Memo- View Post
3 year hiatus, wow, that's long! Sure was fun playing back in April 2011, the game has never been the same.
Haha, yea is a long time. I played in the Beta and got early access in 2011. Leveled up a number of toons then got bored. Your right though, a lot has changed with this game. You have to pay to have legacy access now. Wasn't like that when I played. Maybe there are more kids playing these games now.. because I don't recall so many just down right rude players, but then again I am getting old.. so maybe my memory is just going..lol

wjrasmussen
04.29.2014 , 05:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthkitty View Post

I thought I recalled a stealthkitty in beta doing ninja looting..........
A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault. ~John Henry Newman

Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten.

Memo-
04.29.2014 , 06:19 PM | #5
It seems my sarcasm eluded you. :P The game was released in December 2011, meaning you could have been gone only for under 2 years and a half, probably loads less since you actually played the game.
Delarah | Stilva | Ethawn | Luccia<Lice-Ridden Banthas>Tenori | Weimar | Baritoni | Altto

stealthkitty
04.29.2014 , 06:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by wjrasmussen View Post
I thought I recalled a stealthkitty in beta doing ninja looting..........

I don't have a toon named Stealthkitty, this is my forum name, not one of my toon names. I wouldn't do that, unlike some.

stealthkitty
04.29.2014 , 06:37 PM | #7
It seems my sarcasm eluded you. :P The game was released in December 2011, meaning you could have been gone only for under 2 years and a half, probably loads less since you actually played the game.
Almost 3 years, but I didn't play but maybe for about 6 months at most. Was in the beta though prior to the game coming out.

Brxaadambombz
04.29.2014 , 07:06 PM | #8
Because the amount of time they weren't playing for is really the point of the topic. Congratulations.

Memo-
04.29.2014 , 07:10 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Brxaadambombz View Post
Because the amount of time they weren't playing for is really the point of the topic. Congratulations.
Aww come on. :P I just happen to find exaggarations like this funny, that's all. :P No, it's not even close to three years if you played for six months. Under two years then.

On topic, finally, no, I don't think ninja looting has gotten worse. It sucks when it happens, but unless the loot mechanic is changed, it won't go away, since some people will always abuse a situation if it arises.

megablu
04.29.2014 , 07:18 PM | #10
At least they bother making excuses all I've seen is silence also isn't there a we can trade flashpoint loot among the group?(never got to actually use it)