Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ultimately, what was gained with a staggered launch?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Ultimately, what was gained with a staggered launch?

Elyx
12.13.2011 , 03:07 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Grumbuck View Post
Staggering seemed good on paper. Lets be honest people get excited for the game. When you wait around all day without so much as an expected time frame, that's unacceptable. They could have easily sent out your approximate starting time on Monday.

Toying with my emotions is crap.

Four or five waves? Really?

Rift pulled it off no problem, some queues whatever. With the amount Bio spent this should have been a no brainer.

Too conservative. There will be queues this week staggered access will not stop that.
Ya know...it makes you wonder if they would have ended up doing better if they just stated from the start that the first 20% would get in on day one, 60% on day two, and the last 20% on day three, and then given you the day you fell into. I'm on my weekend, but if some players threw vacation time in at the last minute to be available for this launch I could see why they are frustrated.

If they all were able to start, even with crashes, I wonder how much griefing there would be on the forums? the same amount? less? or more?

Grumbuck
12.13.2011 , 03:12 PM | #22
A simple email on Monday would have prevented me from checking my damn email all day. I get the whole preorder thing and access for those who put in early. That's fine but when you're riding the bubble and think you have a chance to get in today AND take the time from work it seems disrespectful to the customer. I paid my money. A simple communication pre-launch would have calmed all this today. People could have planned accordingly.

The OP is right today is launch no matter how you want to look at it.

Antaumus
12.13.2011 , 03:13 PM | #23
To everyone who keeps saying they pre-ordered so get early access as that's what they payed for, you payed $0 for it, pre-order didn't cost more. How does, upto 5 days read "exactly 7 days and not one second less".

Quentis
12.13.2011 , 03:14 PM | #24
If a video game is the most important thing in your life and you need to plan around it, try reevaluating your priorities.

CupieFoxtail
12.13.2011 , 03:19 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Quentis View Post
If a video game is the most important thing in your life and you need to plan around it, try reevaluating your priorities.
This is a forum for a video game, not for life
Don't look so surprised

Berrian
12.13.2011 , 03:23 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by YurikArkady View Post
How about we wait till the game launches on the 20th before we decide.
This!
What is happening now is a staggered "Early Access". This is not launch. This is all gravy time. Everyone should be happy with what they get. After all, these first 2days are bonus time to the original bonus time. Chill y'all
"Where's my ship?"

ShaneW
12.13.2011 , 03:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Quentis View Post
I hope you aren't directing that towards me. If so you need to work on your reading comprehension.

This person got in a queue at 9:30am or so and as of the last update at 2pm, still was. This thread is simply discussing this launch method and it's failings.
⋐█▉██████▣▓╣▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉)

Waynef
12.13.2011 , 03:26 PM | #28
Information is key, the forums where down last night. Everyone should have gotten an email last week saying you are in batch X, we estimated batch X will go at time Y please check our forums for updates. All everyone wants is to know when they can play. Waiting makes everyone crazy. IMO they have done a poor job of giving out information.

Server queues and loads will be an issue for the first few weeks as guilds/friends will all go to the server the first guild member created a character on.

Grumbuck
12.13.2011 , 03:26 PM | #29
How is this not "launch"? Because they say so? People are playing the game you can call it whatever you want.

I have vacation time I can spend how ever I choose. This is by far not the most important thing in my life, thanks for your concern though.

The lack of communication is absurd if you are a fanboy that's on you. I would not have a problem if they just sent me an email saying I can expect to be in on whatever day of the week I am getting in. Is it really that hard to grasp or should I just not question it and bite my lip?

Icthius
12.13.2011 , 03:30 PM | #30
I only wish to log in and get my characters names reserved. From the people I knew who got in today the server was empty. He said there were only 70 people on the jedi starting planet.