Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pulling before the tank

wainot-keel
04.23.2014 , 07:34 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
I wanted to take screenshot of that 13k repair bill for my level 43 Sorc back then but I forgot because I was so angry about the fact that group can fail at droid boss that many times.

It's people not taking care of adds, even when they are told adds are a priority, but they let them be. Quickly, the group gets overwhelmed by adds and many deaths will occur. I once had and 50 minutes KUAT run with that boss at then end. I always put a minor flashpoint booster when I start. It had only 10 minutes left when we finished

Halinalle
04.23.2014 , 07:36 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
It's people not taking care of adds, even when they are told adds are a priority, but they let them be. Quickly, the group gets overwhelmed by adds and many deaths will occur. I once had and 50 minutes KUAT run with that boss at then end. I always put a minor flashpoint booster when I start. It had only 10 minutes left when we finished
Yes, that's exactly what happened. I said many times "Kill adds". They were like "No! You kill the boss and adds die in the end".

Has anyone even managed to dps the boss before getting overwhelmed? Is it even possible?
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level 1
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P)

Fazaani
04.23.2014 , 07:48 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Has anyone even managed to dps the boss before getting overwhelmed? Is it even possible?
It was said it can be nuked down by high damage team... but i haven't ever witnessed such thing or even really tried. But if i had to bet money for it i would bet yes...

EDIT: Dulfy
•If your group have enough DPS, you can simply ignore the droids and just focus on the boss. He will lose all the stacks of Charged levels once he uses Full Charge Volley
•If your group’s DPS is low, you may need to split up to kill the support droids as otherwise they would increase in numbers and charges up the Guardian to 100 stacks very quick.
The Firkraag legacy
Firkraag, also known as Lord Jierdan Firkraag, was a red dragon living in the Windspear Hills in Amn and masquerading as a human noble.
Around since 2008

jade_de_aguilera
04.23.2014 , 08:04 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Fazaani View Post
Last: i que for myself every time, i have something to gain by doing that fp or op (weather it's the loot,price,rep or just the experience). So i want to get it done, if it's not happening or ppl start to fight about pointless stuff, it's not about the game it's about something else... Ofc we all have our bad days...
this so true

I actually have two tanks and one of them is quite new and i really want to train it, so i prefer to do proper tanking, but i guess just not on tactical FPs

royhenderson
04.29.2014 , 01:23 PM | #85
I never mind when someone pulls before I do, but I laugh my butt off when they die lol

Gobgrot
04.30.2014 , 12:10 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
For these special types of people, I'll generally drop and /ignore. Won't really matter to them for tacticals but if they ever want to get a regular hard mode queue to pop, too bad so sad, one less tank to carry you.
While I dont normally go as far as dropping, when I tank an instance and people are out of control and making mine and the healers jobs harder I will put them on ignore. Let them stew in lfg wondering why the cant get a group. Im sure there are a lot of other tanks that do this was well.

DarkDisturbed
04.30.2014 , 12:31 AM | #87
Like others have said, if you can do an FP with 4 DPS who cares who pulls first? zzzzzzz...
Vriff
Jedi Covenant Founder of Legendary Republic

StormTerminus
04.30.2014 , 01:20 PM | #88
This thread is full of people who display they are not team players. The healers who won't heal if it doesn't please them but can't be bothered to chat to group about why. The tanks who won't taunt. The dps who go rogue and pull all the time at 30% health.
  1. If you are a healer, consider healing. If you have a complaint voice it rather than being a passive aggressive idiot.
  2. If you are a tank, then consider pulling or using a taunt. Again being a passive aggressive *ss when you have a leadership role is just wrong.
  3. If you are DPS pay attention to group dynamics and ask a question if something happens.
  4. All, not using group chat is kind of a stupid thing to do. Consider it.

If I see a healer who doesn't heal and stands around, then I will vote kick you. And I generally have at least one guildy with me in KDY. Tanks tend to be slow, I get that, it is the nature of the beast. People choose DPS because it is fast to level and play, that isn't the mentality of a Tank. DPS pulling is perfectly fine in KDY. It is amusing when you have mortar volley and force quake going on a pull in KDY. All the trash dies and there is generally one big guy standing that everyone then focus fires down. Easy.

I think Sentinels tend to get in trouble since they are up close and tend to be a little smash button heavy. Ranged DPS can see more of the fight and control what they are shooting at mostly.

sanctified
04.30.2014 , 08:22 PM | #89
Generally speaking, for Flash point tanking, I no longer care who hits what, as long as nothing's hitting the healer. I only use taunts during boss fights. The only thing that annoys me now, is when someone uses a knock-back to push targets off me. That's stupid.

My new indifferent attitude has made me a few fans. I enjoy tanking lowbie flash points with an under 51 Guardian/Juggernaut, just to collect compliments like "I didn't know a Juggernaut could tank like that," like I'm some kind of genius for doing the most obvious **** in the world and hitting stuff before it can aggro on a healer, along with the occasional line of sight pull.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

FlyinSpaghetti
05.01.2014 , 06:48 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifolad View Post
So with the new tactical fp's it is possible to get into a group with 4 dps, 4 heals, 4 tanks, or any combination of that.
So why when you get a tank, 2 dps, and a healer do we ignore the trinity in tactical Fp's, moreover why do people ignore that their is a tank and jump on ahead and pull before the tank? Is it because we all know they (tactical fp) are easy?

I guess as a tank i get annoyed when people pull before me, as a healer i get annoyed when people pull before the tank cause NO MATTER how "OP" that particular person is pulling before the tank requires ME AS HEALER to work harder, and i REALLY hate as a DPS when the healer pulls before everyone.

Now, is this because people are IMPATIENT or do they really see the encounter as NON-THREATENING?

I'm inclined to assume most of you who are guilty of this are just impatient and use the reason "it is easy" as an excuse for your lack of patience. That is all. /endrant.

I don't have a signature, but i play on The Shadowlands.
With the tactical's this is how I do it:

1/ If it's just a bunch on normals/strongs like at the start of Czerka then then it's no point waiting for the tank.

2/ If however it's a nasty pack of elites/champs like in tython/korriban then I wait for the tank to grab initial aggro before I jump in.

However 9 times out of 10 as a dotsmash sent I end up ripping of the tank anyway.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!