Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please help, game unplayable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Please help, game unplayable

Izzaak
04.19.2014 , 03:05 PM | #1
I'm playing on an early 2011 Macbook Pro. While playing, the battery died and the computer shut down. The computer was plugged in, but using bootcamp has slowly drained the battery over the past 2+years. I've since replaced the battery, but ever since, the game has become unplayable regardless of graphics settings. I've monitored both the CPU and GPU while trying to play. The CPU never goes above 50% and the GPU doesn't have any load at all. Running 5-10 FPS pretty much everywhere. I've done all the troubleshooting, i.e. deleted disk cashe arena, forced repairs, even removed and reinstalled the game, both from the website and from the disc. Nothing is working. The funny thing is, on the character select screen, I get 110 FPS and the GPU is at full load. I'm at the end of my rope here. If anyone has any insight, please let me know. Thanks!

Izzaak
04.19.2014 , 03:23 PM | #2
Funny too, the sound is real static sounding.

tuckera
04.19.2014 , 05:09 PM | #3
Sounds to me like the game isn't using the card at all. It's functioning as though you don't have one. You should double check Driver and make sure it is setup properly in MAC OS. Or it died/shorted out.

OwenBrooks
04.19.2014 , 05:51 PM | #4
Windows Power management on "High Performance" ?

Izzaak
04.19.2014 , 06:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Windows Power management on "High Performance" ?
Yes. Also worth noting that Skyrim plays the same as it did before just tested it. Apple drivers are up to date as well. It's like the game isn't recognizing my hardware or something.

OwenBrooks
04.19.2014 , 06:21 PM | #6
Not overly familiar with Macs but

Dual graphic cards ? ie Intel and Radeon ? normally found on the 15inch model or just the Intel card as with the 13inch

Try updating the Intel card with - http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect and is the game set to run with the Radeon if this is the setup you have

Izzaak
04.19.2014 , 06:26 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Not overly familiar with Macs but

Dual graphic cards ? ie Intel and Radeon ? normally found on the 15inch model or just the Intel card as with the 13inch

Try updating the Intel card with - http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect and is the game set to run with the Radeon if this is the setup you have
It is the dual graphics type. I'm not sure how to specify which card the game uses.

OwenBrooks
04.19.2014 , 06:31 PM | #8
Not a setup I have , but would think one of two ways normally, right mouse click on the game shortcut and see if there is an option for power options which allow you to select the video card to be used.

Otherwise I would look at the CCC and see if you can create a swtor.exe that allows you to set this program to use the Radeon card

Izzaak
04.19.2014 , 08:30 PM | #9
I was not able to specify the graphics card with either of those methods. Ran the windows performance assessment, for what that's worth, and scored a 6.9 on gaming graphics.

OwenBrooks
04.19.2014 , 08:59 PM | #10
If you run a dxdiag what gfx card is listed ? - http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...507#post749507 sorry I am not overly familiar with bootcamp but know drivers can be a pain sometimes