Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Better Duo for PVP and PVE?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Better Duo for PVP and PVE?

Theunseenjinx
04.18.2014 , 10:54 PM | #1
So I duo mainly with a Sorc and I was wondering which tank class would be better suited for each instance of the game (broad question I know). For FPs, PVP and PVE what duo would work better: Sorc/Jugg or Sorc/PT. Thoughts?

I've lurked in the forums for awhile now and am split between these two classes; have seen some fascinating little write ups on the differences between PT and Jugg, but was wondering about the synergy (sorry to use that word =/ ) with Sorc and the ability to duo the majority of content (minus Operations). Thanks in advance guys (and gals)! All input is welcome!

DerSchneider
04.19.2014 , 12:19 AM | #2
For PVP:
1) 2 Deception sins (insane burst, almost impossible to survive, good for node ninjaing and arena globalling, but very bad in the long fights)
2) 2 conseal operatives (same)
3) Vengeance jugg+hybrid sorc
4) AP/pyro powertech+heal merc

There are many combinations, each one has advantages and drawbacks. Depends of your play style.
For pve probably smash+sorc will be the best.

Gelgaroth
04.19.2014 , 04:47 AM | #3
I would go with sorc an pt. If the pt is a tank anyway. They're a lot better at holding aggro, both single target, and aoe. Plus, if you're doing fps, both classes start with tank (sorc) and heal (pt) companions, for backup. Both also get their ranged dps companions on tatooine. This is all just my opinion though. From what I've gathered though, for duoing, you'd be better of with a merc healer partner. They're the best tank healers. Sorc are better for aoe healing, and ops are the middle ground. Not sure if that's 100% though. I've only played merc healer, but it was easy to keep a decent party alive. You get stuck with idiots, and even the best healers will have trouble.

Theunseenjinx
04.21.2014 , 12:21 PM | #4
I greatly appreciate the feedback fellas/gals! I ended up going PT with my Sorc friend. The ability to clear trash mobs is great: Death from Above, Flame Thrower, Chain Lightning, Flame Sweep and etc... At least from a PVE and FP perspective it's been great thus far! Yet to see how PVP will play out, but a pocket healer in any MMO PVP is never a bad/hard thing, no? Thanks guys/gals!