Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So my raid leader said....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
So my raid leader said....

Kaos_KidSWTOR
04.16.2014 , 09:37 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawabonga View Post
I don't know what it is, but looking at parses and leaderboards it looks like Saboteurs are outperforming by a wide margin (200ish dps) Engineers, which makes me think there's some sort of glitch that makes dual wielders perform better than their mirror counterpart.

Anyway, not all bosses can be tanked in a way to let Saboteurs/Engineers to poop bombs on them without resorting to the jump on the spot glitch (and that is actually a glitch)
I would say it's due to offhand hits. because Speed Shots and Quick Shot respond to offhand hits.

Stringray
04.18.2014 , 07:43 AM | #12
PVE elitists are the funniest elitists
RED = DEAD

g_land
04.18.2014 , 12:04 PM | #13
Your raid leader is an idiot or doesn't like you, choose whichever is better

Larsenex
04.18.2014 , 12:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by g_land View Post
Your raid leader is an idiot or doesn't like you, choose whichever is better
He is actually a pretty nice guy. His comment was in Teamspeak as i was logging out. I am really working to tighten up my rotation 'faster' although I am thinking about changing to Concealment spec as I have heard it is better ( but not overly so) than Lethality.
Corbindallas Agent of the Empire
VERMIN (spreading filth and disease in the Galaxy for ages!)

"Go for the Eyes Boo!"

SgtJeremy
04.18.2014 , 02:42 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Stringray View Post
PVE elitists are the funniest elitists
It's hard to choose, elitists in general are a barrel of laughs.
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
"Victory at all costs, Victory inspite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, their is no peace."
http://www.swtor.com/r/pqwT9F Want free stuff, sure you do.

AlrikFassbauer
04.20.2014 , 07:43 AM | #16
Just out of curiousness : Are all Operative trees similar in terms of DPS ?
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

DarthSpekulatius
04.21.2014 , 03:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Just out of curiousness : Are all Operative trees similar in terms of DPS ?
All are viable but the lower parsing spec needs quite some setup (bad for target switching) wheras the higher parsing spec doesn't need much setup.

At the moment I can't see a reason to play lethality (as an operative that is (scoundrel to be precice)).

AlrikFassbauer
04.21.2014 , 06:02 AM | #18
Thank you.
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

shleefin
04.21.2014 , 12:52 PM | #19
Can someone quickly explain how pyro mercs are "glitched"? If this is about the PPA proc being 100% the 2nd time, I always was under the impression that was considered a tooltip problem, not a glitch.

Khevar
04.21.2014 , 03:49 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by shleefin View Post
Can someone quickly explain how pyro mercs are "glitched"? If this is about the PPA proc being 100% the 2nd time, I always was under the impression that was considered a tooltip problem, not a glitch.
I had overlooked the issue with PPA until it was pointed out to me not too long ago. Now that I have a better grasp of what is happening, let me give it a try explaining it.

2 x Power Shot will proc PPA almost 100% of the time. (I say "almost" because in very very rare occasions I've had to use a third PS to proc it) Unload + Power Shot will proc PPA 100% of the time -- I've never not seen a proc with these two abilities back to back.

The tooltip states that each PS has a 45% to proc, and Unload has a 75% chance. However, the proc chance appears to be calculated "additively" As in 45% + 45% = 90%. And 75% + 45% = 120% chance.

However, this is not actually how RNG works.

It is possible the tooltips are wrong, but since Pyro is consistently at the top (or juuuuust behind the top) of PvE dps in the game, it is a safe bet that it isn't working as intended.