Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So my raid leader said....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
So my raid leader said....

Larsenex
04.14.2014 , 05:46 AM | #1
That Operatives are the lowest DPS'ers in the game. It actually hurt my feelings a bit (sigh). So I wanted to know out of the 8 classes on the Empire side where do Operatives actually rank as far as DPS.?

I would figure pure DPS like Sniper & Marauders are top 1 & 2, but what about the rest of us? Do Ops rank the same as a Sorc who is also a healer/dps or are we further down the list?

If you assume equal gear what do you rank the classes?
Corbindallas Agent of the Empire
VERMIN (spreading filth and disease in the Galaxy for ages!)

"Go for the Eyes Boo!"

DarthSpekulatius
04.14.2014 , 06:15 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
That Operatives are the lowest DPS'ers in the game. It actually hurt my feelings a bit (sigh). So I wanted to know out of the 8 classes on the Empire side where do Operatives actually rank as far as DPS.?

I would figure pure DPS like Sniper & Marauders are top 1 & 2, but what about the rest of us? Do Ops rank the same as a Sorc who is also a healer/dps or are we further down the list?

operatives are #1
and the latest patch was yet another PVE buff
no need to go further into detail tell your raid lead to get out of his hiding hole.

Spoiler

Kawabonga
04.14.2014 , 06:24 AM | #3

Your raid leader is ancient. Operatives are miles ahead other classes as far as PvE dps is concerned. Only Pyrotech mercenaries and Saboteur Gunslingers are on par with them, and both of them are actually glitched.

DarthSpekulatius
04.14.2014 , 06:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawabonga View Post
Your raid leader is ancient. Operatives are miles ahead other classes as far as PvE dps is concerned. Only Pyrotech mercenaries and Saboteur Gunslingers are on par with them, and both of them are actually glitched.
if Pyrotech mercs are actually glitched and not working as intended then Pyro-Powertechs would be worse then any other Class ever was.

Kawabonga
04.14.2014 , 07:04 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpekulatius View Post
if Pyrotech mercs are actually glitched and not working as intended then Pyro-Powertechs would be worse then any other Class ever was.
Mercs and Powertechs are different classes.

Assuming operatives are not working as intended (bare with me) and considering Pyrotech mercs are 300 dps (well out of the 5% intended difference) ahead of the second highest definitely working as intended spec (Combat/carnage) while assault commandos are more in line with the other classes, i'd say it's mercs that are glitched

DarthSpekulatius
04.14.2014 , 07:50 AM | #6
Mercs and Powertechs are different classes.

Assuming operatives are not working as intended (bare with me) and considering Pyrotech mercs are 300 dps (well out of the 5% intended difference) ahead of the second highest definitely working as intended spec (Combat/carnage) while assault commandos are more in line with the other classes, i'd say it's mercs that are glitched
mercs and PTs share the bug that causes Prototype Particle Accelerator to proc with a 100% chance.
(unless you are talking about "offhand proccing the Cell" bug but that accounts for only about 100dps, not really worth mentioning)

operatives are working as intended (there's a 5,3k parse on torparse where the bleeding max hits are 10times the average so there's something bogus but the 4k parses are working as intended)
Juggs are also working as intended afaik and they are close enough to OPS Mercs &co

Khevar
04.14.2014 , 08:04 AM | #7
This thread is the leaderboard for 8-man dps.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=711350

The first post doesn't have a lot of entries, as it's for 2.7 (which recently dropped), but check out the second post. You can see the rankings (per fight) of actual dps done in a real raid environment.

Operatives, as you will see, are JUST FINE, and your raid leader is wrong.

fire-breath
04.14.2014 , 08:49 AM | #8
Pyro mercs are indeed glitched atm but how are saboteur slingers glitched? If you mean that bioware didn't expected us to use the scatterbombs on bosses thats a different story and definitely not 'glitched'. You can still get good numbers as sab without using the jump+roll glitch. You only need to have a tank with a brain who tanks the targets so that you can wallbang away.

to OP. Operatives were in the past slightly behind (dps difference is only about 10% between highest and lowest parsing classes). If you raidleader is not taking you because of that I would ditch that guild. If goodnamed progression guilds clear content with guardian, shadows and operatives than so should yours ;-)
And yes, Operative dps is now higher after some recent patches which places them around the top (take in mind there;s only a 10% difference or so).
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Zal'ssesse - Engi Sniper Macewindy - Sab Slinger

PugsloveHP - the 67k HP commando DPS/healer

Vid-szhite
04.14.2014 , 01:36 PM | #9

Your raid leader is operating on 1.0 information in 2.7. He is an idiot. Operatives are now close to if not THE top DPS in PvE, and recently received a PvE buff to quality of life. Don't be hurt by this tool - laugh instead.
Jedi Covenant
Wrector - 55 Sith Juggernaut // Reaper-seven - 55 Operative
…ikko - 55 Powertech // Palpi - 40 Sith Sorcerer

Kawabonga
04.16.2014 , 05:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Pyro mercs are indeed glitched atm but how are saboteur slingers glitched? If you mean that bioware didn't expected us to use the scatterbombs on bosses thats a different story and definitely not 'glitched'. You can still get good numbers as sab without using the jump+roll glitch. You only need to have a tank with a brain who tanks the targets so that you can wallbang away.
I don't know what it is, but looking at parses and leaderboards it looks like Saboteurs are outperforming by a wide margin (200ish dps) Engineers, which makes me think there's some sort of glitch that makes dual wielders perform better than their mirror counterpart.

Anyway, not all bosses can be tanked in a way to let Saboteurs/Engineers to poop bombs on them without resorting to the jump on the spot glitch (and that is actually a glitch)