Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[BUG]: nightmare mechanics implemented in SM & HM DF/DP !

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
[BUG]: nightmare mechanics implemented in SM & HM DF/DP !

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
04.14.2014 , 01:34 PM | #31
unless 2.7.1 is tomorrow - it is too long.

yes the fights can be cleared, but we went from 2 hours clear of both on hardmode, to having split nights due to adopting to new mechanics. since we're also trying to progress through NIM while still getting gear for the last few spots our group needs (damn implants and earpieces, at least Nefra NIM drops implants reliably now)

Grobthock also seems to have a much more random times in addition to magnet moving faster. we've been clearing that fight for a long time, to the point where our tanks can pretty much kite him in their sleep...except last night. haven't noticed changes on Bestia other than pink circles, all the issues with Tyrans have been described already (missing tiles, debuff although it also felt to me like affliction was put out more often, but my favorite was putting simplification on both healers in rapid succession - is it just me or did he send it out more often as well?) Raptus seems more annoying than usual, with his attacks hitting 4 times as hard as they should.

yes, everything can be adopted to. but it doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. worst part is - all of these bugs are not just in hardmode. they are also in storymode and THAT needs to be patched and patched fast.

Moradeth's Avatar


Moradeth
04.14.2014 , 01:42 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by nnaydolem View Post
Hey could we get a response? We know you guys are busy...but many of us are subs and buy a lot of cartel coins. HA!

soooo letting your consumers know what is going on is just good business practice.
They confirmed it was a bug here

Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
This is correct. It is a bug and is going to be addressed in 2.7.1.
I get that it's not sev 1 issue (down systems), but it's at least sev 2 impact 1. I would think it should warrant an out of cycle patch. Not really a big fan of having to wait 2 more weeks since they've moved the minor patch release to 3 weeks cycles (to "extend QA" no less).

I'm just confused how NiM DP mechanics managed to be delivered... it should've been on a completely separate stream...

Code:
                                                                   2.7 PTS branch-------PTS complete, deliver↓
Integration stream (production) -----------↑↓-------------------------------------------------------2.7 Release---↓----------->
                                                                       2.8 Internal branch---------------------------------------------------Rebase
A very rough diagram (missing sustaining streams, etc). The 2.8 stream shouldn't have posted any deliveries anyway. I dunno how their streams are setup, but it seems wonky if 2.8 code touched 2.7... did the 2.8 stream get branched off the 2.7 stream? Then 2.8 code got delivered into 2.7 mistakenly?

Even worse, does it mean that it's all just sub functions that don't check for conditionals? Shouldn't the constructor for these boss objects be checking the difficulty before it creates them?

jasoneth's Avatar


jasoneth
04.30.2014 , 04:17 PM | #33
As of Game Update 2.7.1, the issue with the Nightmare Mode mechanic being present in the Corrupter Zero encounter in Hard Mode Dread Palace remains. Specifically, all the Elite/gold adds (one in each wave during the encounter, as well as the first two in the initial pull) have the buff that prevents them from CC'd. This was definitely not the case prior to Game Update 2.7, and would appear to be a Nightmare Mode mechanic that has "leaked" into Hard Mode.

Please fix ASAP! As I stated in my earlier reply, while I'm all for trying the Nightmare Mode mechanics eventually, I'd rather do it the old fashioned way until we're ready.
Teo, co-host and producer of OotiniCast

KeyboardNinja's Avatar


KeyboardNinja
04.30.2014 , 04:56 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Moradeth View Post
A very rough diagram (missing sustaining streams, etc). The 2.8 stream shouldn't have posted any deliveries anyway. I dunno how their streams are setup, but it seems wonky if 2.8 code touched 2.7... did the 2.8 stream get branched off the 2.7 stream? Then 2.8 code got delivered into 2.7 mistakenly?

Even worse, does it mean that it's all just sub functions that don't check for conditionals? Shouldn't the constructor for these boss objects be checking the difficulty before it creates them?
I doubt they're using Git. :-)

Most "industrial" development houses that I've seen use a single-branch model for nearly everything and mask in-progress work behind feature flags. These feature flags have a tendency to get insanely convoluted over time. In this case, I think the problem was actually a mode flag. Specifically, the Nightmare Power buff (which has always been present, just hidden). Certain elements of the boss scripting probably didn't check the flag appropriately. As we've seen, Bioware's QA process is often woefully negligent and simply doesn't try certain content before release, which is how something like this would slip through.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

Prototypemind's Avatar


Prototypemind
05.01.2014 , 01:02 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by jasoneth View Post
As of Game Update 2.7.1, the issue with the Nightmare Mode mechanic being present in the Corrupter Zero encounter in Hard Mode Dread Palace remains. Specifically, all the Elite/gold adds (one in each wave during the encounter, as well as the first two in the initial pull) have the buff that prevents them from CC'd. This was definitely not the case prior to Game Update 2.7, and would appear to be a Nightmare Mode mechanic that has "leaked" into Hard Mode.

Please fix ASAP! As I stated in my earlier reply, while I'm all for trying the Nightmare Mode mechanics eventually, I'd rather do it the old fashioned way until we're ready.
We've run into this as well. Members of our guild and others have posted on this. No one seems to have gotten a reply. The adds during the laser phase also seem to hit like a truck sometimes, bursting 3K+ hits 8 or 9 times a second on some players. We had 15 of 16 up going into the phase and everyone got dropped.

jasoneth's Avatar


jasoneth
05.01.2014 , 07:41 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by SamHoara View Post
The fights are somewhat bugged but you can still clear them.
Draxus: CC the Despoiler
Tyrans: as soon as you get Simplification, jump down and click the Holocron
Grob'Thok: moar deeps.

I know that sudden new mechanics can be annoying... But you can still work to clear it.
As of Game Update 2.7.1, the behaviour of the Despoiler in the Draxus encounter still seems to be different to what it was prior to Game Update 2.7. During our raid today, with two DPS beating on him, they had the Despoiler to below 30% at which point he managed to heal himself to full in one cast.

Is this intended? While we can deal with it, I'd like to know whether this is a permanent change or a bug that was introduced along with the addition of Nightmare Mode mechanics to DF.
Teo, co-host and producer of OotiniCast

Memo-'s Avatar


Memo-
05.01.2014 , 08:07 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by jasoneth View Post
During our raid today, with two DPS beating on him, they had the Despoiler to below 30% at which point he managed to heal himself to full in one cast..
Well there's your problem. 2 DPS hiting one target and letting him get a cast through even with two interrupts and a presumed multitude of stuns, mezzes and knockbacks to interrupt the cast. :P
    Delarah - Sentinel | Luccia - Sage | Ethawn - ScoundrelStilva - Vanguard | Tenori - Guardian | Weimar - Shadow 
 Maliris - Sniper | Jauhe - Marauder | Všli - PTFaris - Merc | Sopraano - Assa | Rai'chu - Sorc
The Lihavuori Legacy | <Lice-Ridden Banthas><Bantha's Backside> | Tomb of Freedon Nadd

jasoneth's Avatar


jasoneth
05.01.2014 , 08:11 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Memo- View Post
Well there's your problem. 2 DPS hiting one target and letting him get a cast through even with two interrupts and a presumed multitude of stuns, mezzes and knockbacks to interrupt the cast. :P
Given we weren't expecting any change in hard mode, it took us a while to work out what's going on. The point is that the Despoiler's behaviour changed. If that was intended, fantastic. If not, it should be reverted to its old behaviour.

And should a single cast really refill its health bar, healing itself to full? Only Sages/Sorcs can do that!
Teo, co-host and producer of OotiniCast

FrozenGoalie's Avatar


FrozenGoalie
05.02.2014 , 07:35 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Moradeth View Post
The 2.8 stream shouldn't have posted any deliveries anyway. I dunno how their streams are setup, but it seems wonky if 2.8 code touched 2.7... did the 2.8 stream get branched off the 2.7 stream? Then 2.8 code got delivered into 2.7 mistakenly?
A couple things that could have happened (and I'm not saying that they're likely or I think they did):
  • DP NiM was supposed to be in 2.7 at some point and not all pieces of the code were removed
  • DP NiM was patched in 2.7 but there is no way to access it until 2.8
  • Someone really ****** up

Okay, so we're all pretty damn sure the last one is true
The Ebon Hawk
The Starrunner Legacy
My Referral Link

ekimlil's Avatar


ekimlil
05.02.2014 , 05:38 PM | #40
Tait, can we get an official reply from you guys as to whether or not the Corruptor 0 adds being immune to CC is supposed to be in HM or not? I fully expected the change to be reverted in 2.7.1 but, alas, it is not.

Thanks.