Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Those SWTOR/MMO Moments

lucyf
04.02.2014 , 04:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
Here is one of my own, so here we go:

SWTOR

When i first started playing just over a year ago, i was part of a guild that was run by a 13 year-old kid, (i was 18 at the time, now 19) whom was actually one of the more nicer and mature-er ones i met. The guild was pretty active and despite my social anxiety, i was liked by alot of the guild members and quickly rose up in rank to that just under the GM.

About 3-ish months later, i noticed there were 2 cyan-blue crystals in the bank (the ones from the Cartel Market) and the guild has always had a habit of open guild bank so we didn't have to pay who put those items in there or anything. Free to guild.

Well apparently that changed when 3 days later, the GM got back and noticed i took them and made a MOTD stating "Guild Bank closed due to theft. Will resolve ASAP". Not thinking i had anything to do with it, i carried on playing for a couple more days.

Then i logged on when the GM was on and he confronted me about taking the crystals. After stating my case, saying its always been free to guild, and everyone has done it (Even another guildie took WAY more in value than i did just days before i took the crystals). In the end i didnt back down from my position due to the fact i already used the crystals, and upon stating that, the GM (reminding you this is a 13 year old) said i now owed the amount in credits to the GB instead.

I was really poor back then and given my mental acuity i can tell he was having a small fit, and that the whole deal was pointless because... ITS A GAME. and people put stuff in the GB that they didn't want/couldn't use.

So again, i said no and wasn't gonna do anything and go about my merry way.

Upon that, the 3 other guildies that liked me basically stated they were VERY disappointed (Woah... i care why?) and found my self immediately booted from the guild.

I pretty much played alone after that because i have always considered myself a grief and burden among others so i don't bother anyone. Ever since then (just over a year) been playing by myself.

In the end, i do think i was maybe out of my depth a bit on what i did, but i regret nothing from that situation.

SOOOOO good riddance to that terrible child-tantrum GM and guild full of judgemental mis-fits.

*cue hulk walking down the road alone song*

-Nikki <3
Yep been there.
No rules on GB, I see a nice earpiece that I could use so I take.
Get yelled at by 5 guildies/guild master, /gquit.
I troll along silently in guilds to get the 10% for leveling, most of them are dead guilds it seems anyways.
My first 55 still stands alone though.
Pri'mess 55 Sorcerer
Sekind 55 Knight
Cekyurtyy 55 Sniper
Redonkulous.

DSpectre
04.02.2014 , 08:07 AM | #12
Wow! really pleased with the replies. Have to say there are some pretty good stories.

Debating weather to do something further with these by drawing them out, or putting them on a share site (like Imgur)

Can we get some more going? =D

-Nikki <3
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

Cotlu-Hunlon
04.02.2014 , 01:27 PM | #13
Wow! really pleased with the replies. Have to say there are some pretty good stories.

Debating weather to do something further with these by drawing them out, or putting them on a share site (like Imgur)

Can we get some more going? =D

-Nikki <3
You mean make a storyboard / comic strip type thing? I would love to see that

Bao-Dur veteran

-Gorlock-
04.02.2014 , 08:17 PM | #14
Would be awesome to see that xD

DSpectre
04.03.2014 , 03:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cotlu-Hunlon View Post
You mean make a storyboard / comic strip type thing? I would love to see that
Yeah possibly! Depends on how much work would be entailed because i dont have a whole lot of time to devote currently, but i'd still like to do something with these IF i get some more stories =p
―Revan

Cotlu-Hunlon
04.03.2014 , 04:51 PM | #16
Yeah possibly! Depends on how much work would be entailed because i dont have a whole lot of time to devote currently, but i'd still like to do something with these IF i get some more stories =p
Ah, crafty bait there ;p

Here's a story:

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. The taliban was ontop of the hill and they killed Jack and Jill.
THE END

Bao-Dur veteran

DSpectre
04.04.2014 , 12:20 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Cotlu-Hunlon View Post
Ah, crafty bait there ;p

Here's a story:

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. The taliban was ontop of the hill and they killed Jack and Jill.
THE END
Funny.

I meant more MMO or SWOTR stories as explained in the very beginning in the thread
―Revan

OrionLives
04.04.2014 , 12:40 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post

Yeah, here comes a party good 6 levels ahead of us, not to mention we are newbies who are happy with PvE. Luckily, they seemed to have been on the World Bosses Whirlwind Wipe adventure, so we just stood quietly to one side, and watched them kill a big droid while bickering about our chances to live through it.

Still married too.
This is the cutest thing I've ever heard! I'm so happy for you guys!
My story isn't as cute but I am a level 55 Sentinel on the Harbinger and one time I was in Section X doing the quest with the dread masters. I donít remember the name but it's where the whole area is public except for the part where you fight the big droid in the small room at the end. If you know what I am talking about, victory is mine. Anyway I was on my way out and was faced with the elevator. I wasn't going to make it so I challenged the Commando on it to a duel and used force leap to make it out. I was on the platform and the most incredible thing happened. He knew all I wanted was to make it and the pvp timer expired. It was the coolest thing ever.
By far my favorite experience in SWTOR
55Maddelyn - Sentinel of Lunatic Fringe!V
"Do or do not, there is no try." - Master Yoda
Lunatic Fringe - The Helpers Guild - Facebook Page

VulgarMercurius
04.04.2014 , 01:00 PM | #19
I joined a guild about two months ago. The guild leader claimed, during some discussion (via /g) that they were a 28 y/o blonde lesbian in Texas with an assortment of guns. I, and a few others in guild that i had gotten to know (I bought a mumble server so we'd been chatting) were calling this person out as a phony- you know, someone claims to be female and the obligatory reply is "pics or ****" and "you aint no lady" and so on.

Well, it went on a for a week or so, this person occasionally bringing up their "female" identity for whatever somewhat related reason. We badger said person into getting mumble and coming on to chat. They do so. Well, let me tell you guys, he sounded like a 14 y/o boy pretending to be an elderly woman. Many of us were creeped out and after a week or so of secret debate we organized a mass exodus from the guild, and we formed our own guild.

Oh ya, awhile we considered leaving said guild, he/she claimed to be an army ranger, and a sniper, and in the reserves. One of our guildmates that we had snaked into our new guild did some research and discovered that he was in fact a disturbed liar.

The end.

xlildanniex
04.05.2014 , 09:10 AM | #20
I had one a few hours ago. I have healed a few 55 Heroics but with horrible results (thinking it was my fault), today I thought "Oh bugger it.." and queued. Instant queue and I panicked, went in told everyone I hadn't been in here before on Heroic, expecting the usual response as in no response at all I was pleasantly surprised.

The tank took the time each fight to explain what I had to do, to say the least the most smooth run I have ever had within a heroic. After the run I queued with the tank again, but alas the queue was not popping so he was going to take me through normal Cademimu explain everything, but as things went the queue popped. Unfortunately it wasn't Cademimu but Hammer Station. Queue tank dying twice on the first boss cause I didn't know I had to cleanse.. after this happened I was expecting to cop it, but everything was all good (the tank forgot and I forgot to remind him about the newness to heroics). Continued on, now as a healer I've made it a habit of sorts to stack on top of the tank and any melee so my aoe heal gets most of the group, the last fight "this is one fight you do not want to stick close to the tank".. well crap.

So I stood at the entrance hoping it was a good spot and I wasn't about to cause the death of the group. Bam, boss is dead. Group disbanded, the tank and I said our good byes and went our separate way. Since coming back to SWTOR 2 months ago, that has been probably the highlight since I hit 55 the other week. I love healing in this game, and it is nice when the fights are actually explained when you say you don't know them, not being completely ignored as it has happened more than enough times with me.

To that Jedi Guardian tank whose name escapes me, thank you again