Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lower the healing received bonus from expertise.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Lower the healing received bonus from expertise.

NathanielStarr
03.28.2014 , 06:42 PM | #1
Healing is much higher than dps making a healer worth more than 1 dps player. That shouldn't be the case. Skill should be what makes a player worth more not class, but with the expertise system I think they could make some easy adjustments.

Lets discuss a change to how valor boosts healing. I personally think it doesn't need to boost healing at all and maybe bring dps up a bit or even lower the dps reduction from expertise?

Venjirai
03.28.2014 , 06:54 PM | #2
You can't just argue that 1 healer > 1 dps.
If your team already has 3 healers then it's 1 dps >> 1 healer.
It's all about a balanced composition, a healer without a guard can't stay alive for long when focused.
Taten > Worte

Smuglebunny
03.28.2014 , 07:15 PM | #3
I would also just like to say that healing is more difficult in general than dps or tanking(maybe). You need to be aware of your health, your teams health, enemies attacking you, cc, the objective etc. Where as dps really just has to kill stuff and do the objective. I realize that right now healers played well are a little OP but they should be. You should need 2 dps or 1 dps 1 tank to kill a good healer. Or else they are just fodder without a tank.

Mark the healer and tell people to attack them.

malachyg
03.28.2014 , 07:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
I would also just like to say that healing is more difficult in general than dps or tanking(maybe). You need to be aware of your health, your teams health, enemies attacking you, cc, the objective etc. Where as dps really just has to kill stuff and do the objective. I realize that right now healers played well are a little OP but they should be. You should need 2 dps or 1 dps 1 tank to kill a good healer. Or else they are just fodder without a tank.

I have mained as a sage seer for a while and recently switched to DPS as healing output couldn't match some of the other classes. I think your statement is a little unfair since each of the roles in an MMO (dps, healer, tank) have their intricacies. I find both roles equally challenging because situational awareness is required whatever role you play.

Devilk
03.28.2014 , 07:56 PM | #5

If you think DPS are only supposed to kill stuff you have been playing wrong. Try peeling for other players instead of mindlessly hitting things.

Heal-To-Full
03.28.2014 , 08:34 PM | #6
I would also just like to say that healing is more difficult in general than dps or tanking(maybe). You need to be aware of your health, your teams health, enemies attacking you, cc, the objective etc.
In PvE, it's generally harder than DPS - but depends on the fight, e.g. TFB heals are brain off mode - and way easier than tanking.
In PvP, no way. All roles are about equally difficult. Healing, if anything, can be sometimes - with good DPS and tanks that is - easier, as you can just tunnel on the health bars, and the rest are doing objectives.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

JediMasterSLC
03.28.2014 , 08:55 PM | #7
No. If anything, increase the trauma debuff. As it is, I think it's reasonably balanced.

NathanielStarr
03.28.2014 , 09:44 PM | #8
Well I think it is worth considering. It would actually be best if the expertise could adjust for the number of dps vs. healers. Say you get into a match against 3 healers and you have 1, what would make the match more competitive? It can be really annoying because of the crap luck of the draw, especially when for example it is Imperial vs. Imperial and one side has 3 healers and the other has none.

Adjusting how expertise affects the characters is one way to alter the game without touching PvE.

alexsamma
03.28.2014 , 09:54 PM | #9
@OP, at this point in the game anyone who complains about killing a healer is just... bad.

Unless a healer is being cross-healed/peeled/protected they are extremely easy to shutdown/kill.

As much as I hate to say this, this is truly a L2P issue.

HandOfKane
03.29.2014 , 12:23 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by alexsamma View Post
@OP, at this point in the game anyone who complains about killing a healer is just... bad.

Unless a healer is being cross-healed/peeled/protected they are extremely easy to shutdown/kill.

As much as I hate to say this, this is truly a L2P issue.
Right, because yelling "L2P!!!" is so much more convincing that a post with actual facts and evidence.