Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do concealment operatives act as if they were assassins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do concealment operatives act as if they were assassins?

CaptainApop
03.28.2014 , 04:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KyoMamoru View Post
An Assassin can Taunt. A Taunt lasts for six seconds with a damage reduction of 30%. It has a 15 second cool down, and thus a potential up-time of 24 seconds for every minute. It requires no GCD to utilize, and the full potential uptime is 16 GCDs over the course of a minute. For the sake of simplicity, let's say the average GCD worth of damage is 3k, which the Taunt will reduce by 900 damage, which will result in at least 14,400 damage reduction over the course of a minute. This is before we look at situations with burst phases, or delving into the AOE taunts in congested areas. At no point does this cost the Assassin Resources or a GCD to utilize.

An Operative's Heal, which takes 3 seconds to cast will result in a 4-6k heal, pending crit, while requiring energy. If the Operative is below 70 energy before the cast, they will most likely hamper their energy regen, not the mention the fact that the long cast bar will have no Pushback protection, and will be easily interrupted. It is incredibly hard to do off healing with an empty heal tree as an Operative.
Dude you are taking logic and coherent arguments into a thread started by Cretinus. Think about that for a moment :l
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

DarthOvertone
03.28.2014 , 05:18 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
These folks are on an operative, not on an assassin. They should stop trying to play like an assassin and learn to play a more supportive role with their stealth+CCs, rolls and even off-heals. If all these guys want to do is 1X1 front-loaded burst during a stun period and from out of stealth, then why the heck do they play an operative? They should reroll assassin.
In just a couple weeks, this will be a non-issue. Problem solved.
Alphamaul, Alphanoob, Alphazen - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: There has been a PvP Awakening. Have you felt it?

Glower
03.29.2014 , 02:32 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
supportive role

In SWTOR "good" old trinity! I lol'd!

Quote:
Cretinus
i see what you did there...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)