Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do concealment operatives act as if they were assassins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do concealment operatives act as if they were assassins?

Raansu
03.28.2014 , 01:49 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
They don't need to respecc heals to play more supportive. The main problem is that every concealment OP seems to believe that he is on an assassin and that he should be able to play that way. This is simply wrong.

Then they should stop crying that assassins have this or other in better and get used to the idea that concealment is not an assassin and should be played differently.
They are both front loaded burst playstyle. They both play similarly that's why....I wish people would bother to learn a specs mechanics before coming to the forums and making idiotic posts like this.

Uber_the_Goober
03.28.2014 , 01:55 PM | #12
These folks are on an operative, not on an assassin. They should stop trying to play like an assassin and learn to play a more supportive role with their stealth+CCs, rolls and even off-heals. If all these guys want to do is 1X1 front-loaded burst during a stun period and from out of stealth, then why the heck do they play an operative? They should reroll assassin.
Because I can have my cake, and eat it too.

Ask people who have played against my operative, Ubernoober. Cycao knows. As heals, I don't die. That's boring. So as Concealment, I kill people and throw off-heals to support my team mates. It's fun, but old-hat now, so I play my commando because I like eating dirt and chewing glass.

The problem is with bads being bads. It's got nothing to do with which class they're on.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Cretinus
03.28.2014 , 03:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
So since they both have ccs, high burst and mobility, assassins just happen to be better at what they both do, they should just focus on helping the "real dps" with ccs and offheals instead of actually using that high burst?
I don't know if it is fair or just. Fact is that this is EXACTLY the explanation that has been given to DPS sages as to why they're squishy as hell and not as front-loaded as other classes: "H2F and mak'em pay", remember? Operatives should start to get used to the idea that this is their boat too, instead of comparing themselves to pure DPS speccs like assassins.

Seireeni
03.28.2014 , 03:19 PM | #14
I don't know if it is fair or just. Fact is that this is EXACTLY the explanation that has been given to DPS sages as to why they're squishy as hell and not as front-loaded as other classes: "H2F and mak'em pay", remember? Operatives should start to get used to the idea that this is their boat too, instead of comparing themselves to pure DPS speccs like assassins.
Funny, I was pretty close to comment that this is almost as ridiculous as the whole "heal to full or roll a sniper"-thing.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - And a few other servers too - The Firslay Legacy

foxmob
03.28.2014 , 03:33 PM | #15
still leveling my sage (46), but sages have -- by FAR -- the best off heals of all the dps spec'd ACs with heals. they aren't healers. but they can heal a lot more effectively than either mandos or scounds (in respective dps specs). for whatever that's worth to you. I don't know a single player (sage or otherwise) who ever said "heal to full" was an acceptable reply from the devs. so why you'd make that your pedestal to stand on, I have no idea.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Cretinus
03.28.2014 , 03:40 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
Funny, I was pretty close to comment that this is almost as ridiculous as the whole "heal to full or roll a sniper"-thing.
Well, there you are. It's the way BW balances things and operatives better get used to it as sorcs did.

Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
still leveling my sage (46), but sages have -- by FAR -- the best off heals of all the dps spec'd ACs with heals. they aren't healers. but they can heal a lot more effectively than either mandos or scounds (in respective dps specs). for whatever that's worth to you. I don't know a single player (sage or otherwise) who ever said "heal to full" was an acceptable reply from the devs. so why you'd make that your pedestal to stand on, I have no idea.
Then DPS operatives should get used to the idea that their off-heals might get a buff in the near future. But they should say farewell to their burst and/or stun wishes, at least as long as they have supporting abilities like off-heals and roll. BW simply does not put hybrid classes at the same DPS level as pure DPS classes and while assassins are pure DPS, DPS operatives are obviously hybrids. Get used to it and play the class as what it is and not as an "I'd-like-to-be-an-assassin-clone-with-additional-heal-and-roll-and-ranged"

foxmob
03.28.2014 , 03:56 PM | #17
Well, there you are. It's the way BW balances things and operatives better get used to it as sorcs did.

Then DPS operatives should get used to the idea that their off-heals might get a buff in the near future. But they should say farewell to their burst and/or stun wishes, at least as long as they have supporting abilities like off-heals and roll. BW simply does not put hybrid classes at the same DPS level as pure DPS classes and while assassins are pure DPS, DPS operatives are obviously hybrids. Get used to it and play the class as what it is and not as an "I'd-like-to-be-an-assassin-clone-with-additional-heal-and-roll-and-ranged"
I can't tell if you're trolling or just stupid, but assassins are also hybrid ACs. they have native tanking skills (such as taunts).
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Cretinus
03.28.2014 , 04:19 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
I can't tell if you're trolling or just stupid, but assassins are also hybrid ACs. they have native tanking skills (such as taunts).
I can't telll if you're trolling, but I can tell for sure that you're stupid, because you're obviously not able to discuss things without resorting to insults.

Raansu
03.28.2014 , 04:23 PM | #19
I can't telll if you're trolling, but I can tell for sure that you're stupid, because you're obviously not able to discuss things without resorting to insults.
Kind of hard to have a discussion with you when you continue to show that you're pretty ignorant about the mechanics of this game. Go back under you pve rock.

KyoMamoru
03.28.2014 , 04:32 PM | #20
An Assassin can Taunt. A Taunt lasts for six seconds with a damage reduction of 30%. It has a 15 second cool down, and thus a potential up-time of 24 seconds for every minute. It requires no GCD to utilize, and the full potential uptime is 16 GCDs over the course of a minute. For the sake of simplicity, let's say the average GCD worth of damage is 3k, which the Taunt will reduce by 900 damage, which will result in at least 14,400 damage reduction over the course of a minute. This is before we look at situations with burst phases, or delving into the AOE taunts in congested areas. At no point does this cost the Assassin Resources or a GCD to utilize.

An Operative's Heal, which takes 3 seconds to cast will result in a 4-6k heal, pending crit, while requiring energy. If the Operative is below 70 energy before the cast, they will most likely hamper their energy regen, not the mention the fact that the long cast bar will have no Pushback protection, and will be easily interrupted. It is incredibly hard to do off healing with an empty heal tree as an Operative.