Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do concealment operatives act as if they were assassins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do concealment operatives act as if they were assassins?

Cretinus
03.28.2014 , 12:18 PM | #1
These folks are on an operative, not on an assassin. They should stop trying to play like an assassin and learn to play a more supportive role with their stealth+CCs, rolls and even off-heals. If all these guys want to do is 1X1 front-loaded burst during a stun period and from out of stealth, then why the heck do they play an operative? They should reroll assassin.

cycao
03.28.2014 , 12:21 PM | #2
So basically they should just spec heals or reroll?

Haystak
03.28.2014 , 12:27 PM | #3
Didnt know other people actually played dps operatives anymore....

So you must be talking bout me.

Answer: I have no idea what Im doing, I just push the buttons that make the shink shink noise, and hope my freind with red letters goes bye bye.

The End, and they live hapily ever after.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

Seireeni
03.28.2014 , 12:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
If all these guys want to do is 1X1 front-loaded burst during a stun period and from out of stealth, then why the heck do they play an operative? They should reroll assassin.
They must be doing it just to annoy you. I mean, there's no way they just like operative better, right?
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - And a few other servers too - The Firslay Legacy

Cretinus
03.28.2014 , 12:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
So basically they should just spec heals or reroll?
They don't need to respecc heals to play more supportive. The main problem is that every concealment OP seems to believe that he is on an assassin and that he should be able to play that way. This is simply wrong.

Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
They must be doing it just to annoy you. I mean, there's no way they just like operative better, right?
Then they should stop crying that assassins have this or other in better and get used to the idea that concealment is not an assassin and should be played differently.

cycao
03.28.2014 , 12:44 PM | #6
They don't need to respecc heals to play more supportive. The main problem is that every concealment OP seems to believe that he is on an assassin and that he should be able to play that way. This is simply wrong.
They're a front loaded burst spec. So because of this they should f**king focus on offheals? Most dps operatives suck anyway which is why you probably made this thread. The good ones destroy targets that our out of position.

Seireeni
03.28.2014 , 12:48 PM | #7
Then they should stop crying that assassins have this or other in better and get used to the idea that concealment is not an assassin and should be played differently.
So since they both have ccs, high burst and mobility, assassins just happen to be better at what they both do, they should just focus on helping the "real dps" with ccs and offheals instead of actually using that high burst?
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - And a few other servers too - The Firslay Legacy

Puissant
03.28.2014 , 12:57 PM | #8
Agreed. To put it simply they should position themselves differently.

Ottoattack
03.28.2014 , 01:21 PM | #9
These folks are on an operative, not on an assassin. They should stop trying to play like an assassin and learn to play a more supportive role with their stealth+CCs, rolls and even off-heals. If all these guys want to do is 1X1 front-loaded burst during a stun period and from out of stealth, then why the heck do they play an operative? They should reroll assassin.
The reason they play like dec sins (which I assume you mean lone wolf game play) is because the tools they have at their disposals do not permit otherwise. They have the worst off heals from all dps classes, terrible survivability and weak range options. What is there to do other than stealthing out and trying to eliminate a target using the front loaded burst?

TBH, when it comes to ops in PvP it is either heal or re-roll.

Enoce
03.28.2014 , 01:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
The reason they play like dec sins (which I assume you mean lone wolf game play) is because the tools they have at their disposals do not permit otherwise. They have the worst off heals from all dps classes, terrible survivability and weak range options. What is there to do other than stealthing out and trying to eliminate a target using the front loaded burst?

TBH, when it comes to ops in PvP it is either heal or re-roll.
This. You'd want a full dps spec to be bursting people down. Look at it this way. The op bursts the target down and kills him, you won't be taking any damage from that target anymore. Plus if your team is needing your DPS to hop in and help the healers heal all match, you've got an issue.
ASF/SB
Elguapoh:Jedi Shadow
Duhmot:Sniper/Enoce:Powertech/Roleplay:Juggernaut
Server: The Bastion