Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mouse turning

Raynezazki
03.28.2014 , 12:23 AM | #1
Question...how exactly do you mouse turn? Noob question I know but I tried the right click + left click and it feels so awkward and uncomfortable. What was I doing wrong?

thatPERSON
03.28.2014 , 12:30 AM | #2
i only right click and move forward with my w key. A and D are strafe left and right and i unbind s because you wont need it. i found this was easier for me. also as you get used to it, increase your camera rotation speed (increases the speed at which the camera rotates with the right click turning).

Edit: camera rotation speed is in preferences and under controls i think, could be wrong

Raynezazki
03.28.2014 , 12:43 AM | #3
Ah I see. That is a improvement over what I was doing. Feels smoother too. Thanks.

chillshock
03.28.2014 , 01:04 AM | #4
I don't think I ever let go of the mouse-button... except for selecting a far-away-teammate to intercede. *ponders*

Also: good keybindings are super important. And different for everyone.

Me for example have al LOT of keybindings... and by now they are about the same in every mmo:
Shift+1
Shift+2
Shift+3
Shift+4
Shift+5
F
Shift+F
G
Shift+G
R
Shift+R
Shift+Q
Shift+E
H
Shift+H
T
Shift+T
^
Shift+^
<
Shift+<
Shift+X
Shift+C
Shift+V
F1
F2
F3
F4
Shift+F1
Shift+F2
Shift+F3
Shift+F4
F5
F6
F7
F8

And have programmed my extra mouse buttons to:
Strg+Shift+'
Strg+Shift+
Strg+Shift+0
Strg+Shift+9
Strg+Shift+8
Strg+Shift+7
Strg+Shift+-
Strg+Shift+.
Strg+Shift+,

And some skills I just click. Like "mail-droid" or such.

Combine keybinding with mouseturning and you play a whole different game than before.

AlrikFassbauer
03.28.2014 , 04:43 AM | #5
Put the most essential keys to those keys you can find very fast. For example escape abilities on the first keys : F1, F2, F3, F4 . You can press them then without having to think which key is where, which is good for beginners.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Joesixxpack
03.28.2014 , 05:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Raynezazki View Post
Ah I see. That is a improvement over what I was doing. Feels smoother too. Thanks.
Stick with it, you'll be glad you did when you're loling circles around KB turners.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Capt_Beers
03.28.2014 , 08:13 AM | #7
It also helps to increase the max distance of your camera and zoom out a bit. Let's you see more of what's around you and gives you better awareness.
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

Puissant
03.28.2014 , 08:19 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
It also helps to increase the max distance of your camera and zoom out a bit. Let's you see more of what's around you and gives you better awareness.
This ^. Btw i'm pretty sure he's talking about modifying the .ini file which i really think everybody should.
And welcome to the next level. Mouse turning was a huge step up in how i played. Helps alot if you get a logitech g600 or something similar. g600>naga

cycao
03.28.2014 , 08:36 AM | #9
How am I supposed to click if I use my mouse to turn?

Capt_Beers
03.28.2014 , 08:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
How am I supposed to click if I use my mouse to turn?
Buy footpedals, duh. Stupid towels, don't know nothing.
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech