Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get rid of Jung'Ma server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Get rid of Jung'Ma server

Ashuranrx
03.27.2014 , 08:35 AM | #21
I am very happy with Jung Ma. If you are not happy, then you can move.

There is plenty of WZ action during prime time. There is hardly any 4-man ranked arena games. But that is because most people don't like arenas and prefer WZs instead. We had way more group ranked teams and games when there was ranked WZs instead of arenas. Solo ranked arena is still somewhat active though.

TUXs
03.27.2014 , 09:50 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by iMartini View Post
Gsf is not pvp
^this^ lol

I love GSF and it's clearly a type of PvP...but it's not "PvP" in this games terms - Even Bioware acknowledges that fact by giving GSF its own forum.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Savej
03.27.2014 , 09:53 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashuranrx View Post
I am very happy with Jung Ma. If you are not happy, then you can move.

There is plenty of WZ action during prime time. There is hardly any 4-man ranked arena games. But that is because most people don't like arenas and prefer WZs instead. We had way more group ranked teams and games when there was ranked WZs instead of arenas. Solo ranked arena is still somewhat active though.
A few ppl were saying the same thing on Ven Zallow just before that got merged with Jung Ma in the first merges - i think there will always be some diehards. Almost the only solo ranked games i've seen on JM happened right after they opened or right after season 1 rewards were announced. The rest have been practically arranged matches with the same ppl over and over.

cycao
03.27.2014 , 09:53 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
^this^ lol

I love GSF and it's clearly a type of PvP...but it's not "PvP" in this games terms - Even Bioware acknowledges that fact by giving GSF its own forum.
I think they gave them it's own forum so that moderators wouldn't have to be handing out bans/suspensions or removing threads/posts left and right here.

Zoom_VI
03.27.2014 , 10:40 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
^this^ lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
FFS I haven't done gsf in two weeks, been leveling my powertech so I can hopefully have a toon to do ranked on impside.
reading fail TUX?
Crinn

Carry me, I'm Plasmatech.

TUXs
03.27.2014 , 10:42 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
reading fail TUX?
Calm down...no offense intended toward you, I was commenting on the other players comment, nothing related to you.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Zoom_VI
03.27.2014 , 10:43 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
i'm in a guild that always has ppl logged in on Jm, too. The context of the comment was not that JM doesn't have some active players (more than dozens). But i doubt that there are more than a few dozen that wouldn't welcome a merge with POT5. As someone with many 55s on both servers i would - the experience is night-vs-day better on pot5. Gen chat on pot5 fleet can be worse but that's a product of the higher number of people - the more people in an open chat room the worse it gets - not player maturity.
The context is that I used a generic catchphrase and didn't think about its specific meaning. I am quite sure the majority of Jung Ma does not want to be merged. That's why if you where to repost it into the JM server forum the OP would likely get several pages of getting bashed
Crinn

Carry me, I'm Plasmatech.

Ashuranrx
03.27.2014 , 12:53 PM | #28
If ranked arena activity is the only thing which you measure a server’s activity with, then you should move.

Jung Ma is smaller compare to other servers, but it is bustling with activities. Numerous guilds are actively raiding and multiple of them have cleared HM Dread Ops, and are preparing to compete for server first with NiM Dread Ops next patch. My guild alone has 3 active raid groups doing ops at different progression stages. Regular WZs take less than 2 mins for a pop during prime time at all days of the week. GSF take less than 5 mins for a pop during prime time at all days of the week. RP guilds from both Rep and Imp do RP events at various planets regularly to enjoy themselves, which I run into often when I am leveling alts. Some guilds even have RP-PvP events that role play patrols on contest planets, which regularly ignite into some exciting world PvP.

Ya, ranked arena is dead. Not because the server is not active, but because people on Jung Ma don’t want to play arenas. When we had 8v8 ranked WZs, Jung Ma had 7-8 ranked teams and there are ranked games each night of the week, mostly on Wednesday and Saturday nights. Now there are only ranked arenas, people on Jung Ma just don’t want to play arenas. Solo que arena surged recently was because people wanted a shot at the Rancor mount, not because people actually wanted to play arenas. Once people either achieve the 1500 rating or realize that they have no hope of getting it, they stopped queing.

If arenas were that much fun, people would do them more often. No reward incentives would be needed to give it a temporary boost. But they are not. If you find arenas fun and want to go to a server that has more ranked arena games, good luck on your search. But don’t be selfish and try to destroy our community for your own needs by merging us into another server. We are active and we are staying. We just don’t like arenas.

LanceCorporalDan
03.27.2014 , 01:16 PM | #29
I'm happy with my server, I have ZERO desire to be thrown into PoT5... I love our small and tight knit comunity, and don't see the plus side of us going to another server. If we wanted to be there, we would transfer on our own. Besides that you wouldn't really get that much of a population boost anyways.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

DarthOvertone
03.27.2014 , 01:52 PM | #30
If this happened, I would actually play my Imps again.
Alphawood - Alphanoob - Alphabolt - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - #1 Stronk PvP Server
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!