Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I've noticed an unfortunate new trend in PvP, both Imp and Pub sides

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I've noticed an unfortunate new trend in PvP, both Imp and Pub sides

MysticGryph
03.27.2014 , 07:35 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Volthammer View Post
At least on Jedi Covenant. And that is a near complete lack of focusing enemy healers. Over and over and over and over again I watch enemy healers, with a huge marker over their head to boot, go almost totally ignored. This started about 3 months ago and I don't understand why. It's hilarious, and frustrating, to watch some clown try to dps down another player and wonder out loud why he won't die, never ever noticing the player RIGHT BEHIND him with the green beams and energy coming off of him/her healing the other.
Welcome to PVP
Server: PvP - ToFN
Jugghead: Rage Jugg - Artron: Marksman - ┴rtron: Gunnery
"Only Bads Leave"

madtycoon
03.27.2014 , 07:56 AM | #22
I don't mark things. Marks don't show up behind pillars, so there really isn't a point. Marking things for focus fire is stupid unless you are actually using them to call out over like skype. Its not hard to determine what class and role things are around you.

If I were to mark things, it would be my teammates. But I use friendly nameplates so that isn't needed either. I could see maybe in the big cluster****s it might be good to mark your tank. In other games you mark your teammates, because there are mechanics that you have to react too quickly like eat traps and ****. Here its just be in guard range. Marks only help people with really low awareness or people that don't have all nameplates turned on. For those people I would rather they know where their healers are so they don't LOS/range incoming heals.

You shouldn't just blindly tunnel healers. I mean its all situational. Most the people who are yelling in chat "kill the healer OMG!" are overextended and die a lot. At least in evenly matched warzones. They are also pulling their own healers out of position, rather than easily just killing stuff on their own back line.

honkymonkey
03.27.2014 , 08:07 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by madtycoon View Post
You shouldn't just blindly tunnel healers. I mean its all situational. Most the people who are yelling in chat "kill the healer OMG!" are overextended and die a lot. At least in evenly matched warzones. They are also pulling their own healers out of position, rather than easily just killing stuff on their own back line.
This. Only baddies think tunneling heal at all costs is viable.

Volthammer
03.27.2014 , 08:53 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by madtycoon View Post
...You shouldn't just blindly tunnel healers. I mean its all situational. Most the people who are yelling in chat "kill the healer OMG!" are overextended and die a lot. At least in evenly matched warzones. They are also pulling their own healers out of position, rather than easily just killing stuff on their own back line.
I dunno. In ten solid years of PvP'ing I simply cannot say that the majority of the time that people who are hollering for the enemy healers to be killed are overextended. They're hollering for the healers to be killed, in ALL of my experiences, because they're keeping most of their team alive through the match (if they're decent). And besides, no one said anything about blindly and mechanically targeting healers without any thought whatsoever.

It's the enemies that overextend out of their healer's range that get killed and then often gripe about it.

AGSThomas
03.27.2014 , 10:13 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by honkymonkey View Post
If the healer is within healing distance, he needs to be focused down. If hes kiting around the edge only one DPS needs to be on him.
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

Vodrin
03.27.2014 , 10:17 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AGSThomas View Post
If the healer is within healing distance, he needs to be focused down. If hes kiting around the edge only one DPS needs to be on him.
And preferably one ranged DPS so your own melee are not getting pulled out of heal range and focused down.

Kerensk
03.27.2014 , 02:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by honkymonkey View Post
I agree that sometimes tunneling the healer isn't a good idea, but the number of times the healer should be focus fired far out numbers those few times they shouldn't be.
When in doubt, focus the healer. Worst case scenario you're still having a positive impact by keeping them distracted.

A far more common problem is 3 DPS morons focusing another DPS that won't die because they're healed and guarded. Every f*ING match this happens and the rest of the team has to kill the healer so the DPS will finally die and those morons will finally switch targets.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
ôIt's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ö

SlightlySychotic
03.27.2014 , 03:10 PM | #28
EDUCATE. Never assume that new 55s have been taught how to play correctly. Always type out basic strategies in chat before a match. Some people might make fun but, again, I'd rather be teased a bit by someone who knows everything that go into battle with someone who knows nothing.

As for lowbies, ALWAYS assume that they don't know anything.
Darth Sychotic: (Sith Juggernaut) "Whatever does not kill you has failed and must be made to pay egregiously for its error."
Kaz Keeno: (Scoundrel) "One day I hope we can just move on and put this whole 'trying-to-kill-me' nonsense behind us."

Aerilas
03.27.2014 , 03:15 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SlightlySychotic View Post
EDUCATE. Never assume that new 55s have been taught how to play correctly. Always type out basic strategies in chat before a match. Some people might make fun but, again, I'd rather be teased a bit by someone who knows everything that go into battle with someone who knows nothing.

As for lowbies, ALWAYS assume that they don't know anything.
I'll greet them all as Jon Snow.
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

ShadowMudkip
03.27.2014 , 03:25 PM | #30
The Derp is strong on our server
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary