Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I've noticed an unfortunate new trend in PvP, both Imp and Pub sides

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I've noticed an unfortunate new trend in PvP, both Imp and Pub sides

cycao
03.26.2014 , 10:14 AM | #11
#nextlevelJCstrats

Neoforcer
03.26.2014 , 10:17 AM | #12
It called double XP weekend it what causes this behavior we end up getting new players that get to 55 to fast and do not know there class let alone know what a healer is Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i am dpsiiiiiinnnnnngggg is there mental state. They have the look on there face like jim carrey in dumb and dumber

Pistols
03.26.2014 , 10:30 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM-Reborn View Post
Pistols! Hello!
Greetings.

LARP Crew, man that brings back memories, lol.

Seems my "Temporary Forum Appearance" Signature is making the rounds too....

teclado
03.26.2014 , 01:00 PM | #14
Targeting a specific player is hard. It's much easier to just tab target and attack whatever that happens to be.

This is not new on the harby. It seems like almost every match somebody is complaining in chat about people not going after marked healers.
My 55s: VG, Guard / Jugg, Sage / Sorc, Sentinel, Shadow
TBA: Merc (51), Comm (45), Scound (41), Sin (35), PT (33), Mara (26)

The Harbinger

Kerensk
03.26.2014 , 06:47 PM | #15
It's nice that JC just recently started having this problem, you're lucky it took that long.

The recent problem on my server is people marking non-healers. Why on earth mark a sniper with a green marker?

Also why do pugs mark friendlies?
"Shield is the tank."
Uhhhhh thanks. I kind of guessed that when he started guarding me. Thanks for cluttering the map with non-targets.

If you're on a team and have a system I can see marking friendly healers to protect but with a random pug you have to realize that most people will assume marked players are targets. It's hard enough to get pugs to focus a healer when they're the only ones marked.

And nothing is worse than running out across the map to intercept the enemy healer you saw marked only to find its a friendly Merc.
"He shoots fire so I marked him with the fire symbol."
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
ďIt's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. Ē

ace_boogie
03.26.2014 , 07:00 PM | #16
I play healer on JC... I get no shortage of focus fire and tunneling. Where are all these herpaderps when I log in?

I'm grateful when I take less than 500k damage.

I find its only a problem when there are multiple healers on one team, as there will always be a freecasting healer, because the dps will tunnel 1 healer the entire match without interrupting/ccing one of the others.
K'senža

sauerkraut
03.26.2014 , 07:10 PM | #17
Amateurs!!!! It's the new Imp trick we don't have healers so they cant be killed. We usually run a 7 DPS glass canon, 1 tank team.

Volthammer
03.26.2014 , 10:55 PM | #18
The quality and intelligence of PvP'ers really has dropped markedly in the last several months. You guys aren't off the mark there at all. I actually quit WZ's back at the beginning of January and just focused on GSF. I decided to give War Zones another try just yesterday and it was the very same lawl derp DPS zerging ignore all enemy healers crap that had been going when I stopped. It's just not enjoyable. Normally I play Imp side, but I switch back and forth. Both sides have become woefully moronic on JC.

foxmob
03.26.2014 , 11:39 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
I play healer on JC... I get no shortage of focus fire and tunneling. Where are all these herpaderps when I log in?

I'm grateful when I take less than 500k damage.

I find its only a problem when there are multiple healers on one team, as there will always be a freecasting healer, because the dps will tunnel 1 healer the entire match without interrupting/ccing one of the others.
rage delete? are you subbed? you can roll like 12 toons...

JC's the same as it's always been except there are more pugs than usual (fewer premades). generally, the premades work together. generally, the pugs do not. I've always found myself marking the first healer of a match when the match is well past half over. ppl have never marked, let alone known what to do with the mark. that's not new. maybe 1 in 20 ppl actually mark.

iunno. rated queues are dead, even solo requires an online dating system at this point. idc anymore. I'm on corellia with my sage. most of the comp stories are done. two or three more steps for the class story and I'll have seen all this game has to offer. I can shelve it.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

chillshock
03.27.2014 , 06:26 AM | #20
Uhm... that is neither server not even swtor specific. Pugs are ... well... sometimes I wonder, if it's due to "in wow - the dude with the mark gets cced and everyone screams at me if I hit it" ...

Sometimes it helps to drop a line line "wow, cross has realy low exp... highest crits ever!"

Most of the time the TV running at the same time was more interesting.