Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post your "solutions" to World PvP for planets where both factions can fight.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post your "solutions" to World PvP for planets where both factions can fight.

SithEBM-Reborn
03.25.2014 , 11:33 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Haystak View Post
Easy. Make a daily, one faction has to capture a point and hold for X number of minutes, the other has to defend for x number of minutes. To make things achievable for both sides where one faction is dominant(one side usually is) also give the attacking faction another objective ie "kill this many opposing players", and for defenders simply place a time limit they have to achieve to pick up there daily ie 10 minutes total time on the point.
The problem with this is that it would turn into a "Win trading" scenario such as ilum or "Tol Barad" from WoW. While people did kill each other in WoW, that sort of PvP was actually "negative" in ilum. It can't cater to casuals and IMO, the only way this could work is if Cross-Server was implemented(Assuming we're talking about large scale PvP).
Randomize the location, and maybe add some ways to keep people who have completed the objective to keep playing. IE something like valor, reputation grinding, or even random crafting mats from killing opposing players.
100% agreed. This would be an amazing way for PvPers to gain reputation without questing AND maybe gaining warzone commendations/valor would entice PvP and make it feel meaningful.

SithEBM-Reborn
03.25.2014 , 11:35 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by abhaxus View Post
They are exploitable, but I feel like they are annoying enough to exploit that it actually would be easier to do it the "proper way", at least while leveling.
Honestly, I don't care "Too much" about exploiting at this point but anything that involves win trading needs to be ruled out. We all have great ideas and we should keep posting them!

SithEBM-Reborn
03.25.2014 , 11:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by WickedImage View Post
Many, many, moons ago.....(alpha, beta, launch)....people actively assisted devs with these type of threads.
Yeah, I have been there too and they have ignored all of my feedback on the PTS/regular forums.
Nowadays we are all pretty aware that the devs will never really listen to this playerbase with regards to what they want. They will respond with corrections of things the players "don't want" occasionally. But rare is the day that they address something we do want, with a positive response.
That's the problem though. BioWare needs to realize that their perceptions of "Fun and balanced" are incorrect. Will they ever admit to their failures? Probably not.
This game should have thrived for the first 5 years after launch and easily been around for 10. It thrived for one month after launch and has leaked subs like a bucket with multiple holes in the bottom ever since. While the sub cancellations have slowed considerably, the new players coming to swtor has slowed much more.
Word of mouth and the internet in combination is a *****, wonder if they know that.....?
100% agreed. I'm making this thread in hopes that they decide to listen tot he playerbase but one can hope, right?

Joesixxpack
03.25.2014 , 11:41 AM | #24
At this point I would be glad to see anything. The stuff in this thread is good. They've added in PU boxes for dailies all over the place. I don't see why they don't at least leverage the same concept for PVP. Even simple **** like 'Kill 5 Evil Siffs on Oricon' would be fine with me.

Damn OP I never thought I'd see your name in here again, welcome back!

P.S. - Free Ugly.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

DirtyJef
03.25.2014 , 02:31 PM | #25
Yea, as I posted in another thread about this kinda thing...

The only incentive anyone has to battle on the PvP server is that legacy achievement series, which counts regardless of level. :/

Again, I do it for fun, but most players are rushing to the end-game build, and frustrated by interruptions.

Leaving the level difference open leads to a common conclusion. It is most beneficial to level up to 55 and one-hit-kill lowbies to get this reward, and any other rewards that could be offered.

Whatever they offer for it, it needs to be something good, and it needs to be restricted to players at or above your level.

Otherwise, you're just turning the gamers who've already spent their money on this game into bullies who beat up and scare off all your potentially new customers.

Open world PvP needs to be fun While you're leveling to keep players around, not just After you level.

These are interesting suggestions, though.

TUXs
03.25.2014 , 02:46 PM | #26
My "solution" for world PvP - Play another game for your PvP fix. Until there's a MAJOR change to this games engine, hoping for anything beyond 8v8 seems pointless.

I do like your ideas though
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here What you get: here

DirtyJef
03.25.2014 , 02:50 PM | #27
Actually, the most fun solution I've come up with is to just outright allow the players to gank and assault, then start a server-wide event called "call to arms", offering a reward for...

Imperials: "Getting revenge"
Republic: "Bringing to justice"

... against any player engaging in combat in enemy territory, to play to the story with it.

Basically, you could commit an act of war by attacking the enemy faction's territory to attract players to an open world brawl that gives daily valor, xp, credit, and commendation rewards for killing enemy players at or above your level.

Not only would this add a whole new layer of awesome to the pvp server, but it would balance out some of the bullying by attracting more resistance to them in faction-owned territory, and restricting the easy-gank areas to contested areas.

Also, reset the legacy achievements and restrict to at or above your level, lol. This would make me happy just to see Bioware take the kid's toys away when they couldn't play nice with them. :P

I'd say the community as a whole would be better off, and more players would be apt to toss a little money in the hat to keep the servers up and running.

Haystak
03.25.2014 , 02:58 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM-Reborn View Post
The problem with this is that it would turn into a "Win trading" scenario such as ilum or "Tol Barad" from WoW. While people did kill each other in WoW, that sort of PvP was actually "negative" in ilum. It can't cater to casuals and IMO, the only way this could work is if Cross-Server was implemented(Assuming we're talking about large scale PvP).
Ok make it like warzones then. If you complete the primary objective, you get full credit if you dont but complete the kills requirement, then you get half credit. Also the more you do to achieving the objective the more reward you get, like medals in WZs.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

SithEBM-Reborn
03.25.2014 , 03:03 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Haystak View Post
Ok make it like warzones then. If you complete the primary objective, you get full credit if you dont but complete the kills requirement, then you get half credit. Also the more you do to achieving the objective the more reward you get, like medals in WZs.
I like that revision!

sauerkraut
03.25.2014 , 03:41 PM | #30
PUBs need to grow balls.