Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post your "solutions" to World PvP for planets where both factions can fight.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post your "solutions" to World PvP for planets where both factions can fight.

SithEBM-Reborn
03.25.2014 , 09:19 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
Welcome back and good idea.
Thank you good sir!
Glad you mentioned "idc if people exploit". At this point, worries about people exploiting need to go out the window. You can't just not give ANY content in an area of the game just because it could be potentially exploited.
Exactly.

SithEBM-Reborn
03.25.2014 , 09:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by XXcaesar View Post
I've thought quite a bit about this after my recent move to a PVP server. "LOL SWTOR thanks you for your $40.00 and we're sorry for laughing in your face and calling this a PVP server"
First off all safe zones need to be abolished, it's a PVP server. The 3 warnings you get about the fact that you are choosing a PVP server should mean it's a PVP server!
Honestly, it would be intriguing to see safe zones removed, but I think that they should stay for people who are less than level 40. They should also have a "warning" when someone gets killed near a base.
Ok here is my thought on a way to encourage open world PVP with minimum coding. Make a instance for each world striped down, no NPC. Each planet would have a level spread. Each base could be a faction stronghold, nothing new added but an objective node at each taxi. When one faction controls all the bases, that planet is theirs.
This is repeated for all planets.
Rewards: Coms and valor for kills. I really like the OP idea of a increased mount speed. This could be a 2% boost per planet controlled faction wide. A monthly vanity reward for the faction that's controlling the most systems. There are a ton of little things that can be used in this scenario, guild ranks and titles for successful sacks of enemy outposts.

Or a simple solution, one striped down world instance half the size with 10x the crafting resources and chests. again you would need the planet level swing to be with in 5-6 levels.
Let human nature do the rest.
The cheapest solutions are going to be the most likely considered solutions. Good luck I hope this gets some traction and some type of open world PVP results.
Thank you, I'm not sure what the best solution would be, but it's good to brainstorm like this even if the developers don't plan on doing anything. I haven't subscribed since September and even though I have no plans to sub again, stuff like Open World PvP and cross server would definitely bring me back for another month so I could experiment with PvP again.

DkSharktooth
03.25.2014 , 09:40 AM | #13
OWPvP is dead, Swtor engine "can't handle" it.........or at least Dev team implementation is so awful they have to blame the engine for lack of proper incentives and FUN to keep OWPvP replayable

Haystak
03.25.2014 , 09:44 AM | #14
Easy. Make a daily, one faction has to capture a point and hold for X number of minutes, the other has to defend for x number of minutes. To make things achievable for both sides where one faction is dominant(one side usually is) also give the attacking faction another objective ie "kill this many opposing players", and for defenders simply place a time limit they have to achieve to pick up there daily ie 10 minutes total time on the point.

Randomize the location, and maybe add some ways to keep people who have completed the objective to keep playing. IE something like valor, reputation grinding, or even random crafting mats from killing opposing players.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

Nebdar
03.25.2014 , 09:48 AM | #15
There is one solution new Planet/World that the only thing you can do is PvP..... just like somewhat bigger Out Law Den...
There is only one or two spawn points per side only one is medium guarded......
No other NPC/Moobs out side the spawn area........
On this Planet/World there CAN NOT BE ANY OTHER MISSION then PvP ones so no seeker droid, micro binocular mission or gsi or something like that)
The lvl 55 requirement to enter( or not)
The rewards for kills:
*solo kill full reward
*2 vs 1 kill 25% reward
*Other 5% regular reward
*or if they are bigger groups fighting each other the mathematical equation of some sort
Because Open World is mainly PvE i don't see any kind of solution that wouldn't hurt those ppl that don't want to do any PvP at the moment.. WZ, Arenas are for that. Every solution i have seen is just some kind of 'exploit' to kill those that have no expertise, no PvP gear or just low lvl ppl , ganking encouragement
"This approach seems overly complicated. Can i use my lightsaber instead?"
Jedi Consular Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Sweet'blade Oddajmisie
Nebdul Nebdana

WickedImage
03.25.2014 , 10:00 AM | #16
Many, many, moons ago.....(alpha, beta, launch)....people actively assisted devs with these type of threads.

Nowadays we are all pretty aware that the devs will never really listen to this playerbase with regards to what they want. They will respond with corrections of things the players "don't want" occasionally. But rare is the day that they address something we do want, with a positive response.

This game should have thrived for the first 5 years after launch and easily been around for 10. It thrived for one month after launch and has leaked subs like a bucket with multiple holes in the bottom ever since. While the sub cancellations have slowed considerably, the new players coming to swtor has slowed much more.
Word of mouth and the internet in combination is a *****, wonder if they know that.....?
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%

abhaxus
03.25.2014 , 10:49 AM | #17
Would be pretty easy for them to implement two things.

1) a pvp terminal in every "market" main area on every planet.
2) such terminals would offer all PVP quests along with a new daily, called kill or be killed. This daily rewards 100 reg and rated comms and the same expertise as the current warzone daily. For completion players must get either 5 kills or five deaths in open world pvp.

Some tweaks I've thought about are making it so the daily spawns every 5 levels (ie at 25, 30, 35) and only gives you credit for kills within a + or - 5 level window. If this could be implemented and still give credit for deaths from 55s I think it would be superior. Could have some really cool names for the different missions.

"Kill or be Killed"
"If it's red it's dead"
"cleansing a foul stench"
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Op-haxus - op heals | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | A▀haxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | A▀hole - Commando

SithEBM-Reborn
03.25.2014 , 11:23 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by abhaxus View Post
Would be pretty easy for them to implement two things.

1) a pvp terminal in every "market" main area on every planet.
Seems like a good idea.
2) such terminals would offer all PVP quests along with a new daily, called kill or be killed. This daily rewards 100 reg and rated comms and the same expertise as the current warzone daily. For completion players must get either 5 kills or five deaths in open world pvp.
People would exploit this.
Some tweaks I've thought about are making it so the daily spawns every 5 levels (ie at 25, 30, 35) and only gives you credit for kills within a + or - 5 level window. If this could be implemented and still give credit for deaths from 55s I think it would be superior. Could have some really cool names for the different missions.
I like that idea.
"Kill or be Killed"
"If it's red it's dead"
"cleansing a foul stench"
Awesome mission names! This reminds me of wintergrasp honestly so I believe that if your idea were to be implemented in a "Take this area zone and be rewarded with missions", then it would work a lot better. Of course, the engine might not be able to handle my adjustment to your idea.

QuiJonPed
03.25.2014 , 11:29 AM | #19
I'd be happy with anything that comes close to the fun I had in oRVR from when I played Warhammer online

abhaxus
03.25.2014 , 11:30 AM | #20
They are exploitable, but I feel like they are annoying enough to exploit that it actually would be easier to do it the "proper way", at least while leveling.
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Op-haxus - op heals | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | A▀haxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | A▀hole - Commando