Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post your "solutions" to World PvP for planets where both factions can fight.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post your "solutions" to World PvP for planets where both factions can fight.

SithEBM-Reborn
03.24.2014 , 10:40 AM | #1
I have decided to try my hand at fixing world PvP through a practice called "Common Sense". Today, I present planets where most PvP encounters occur(For me at least):

Alderaan
3 "Objective Areas:
1). In between Wardpost Landa and House Rist
2). In between Outpost Talarn and House Alde
3). Area between Organa Medical camp and House Alde(Seriously, it's just a body of water surrounded by mountains in there. That would be the PERFECT spot for an objective because it's isolated and it's in between the Empire and Republic flight paths).

The Alderaan Objectives would increase the reputation you gain through quests/whatever by (50-100%).
Tatooine
Two "3 Objective Areas":

First Area with 3 objectives: The Outlaw's Den
*All 3 would be in each corner of the Den.

Second Area with 3 objectives: The Dune Sea
1). Krayt Dragon graveyard
2). Southwest of the KDG
3). NW of the KDG

The Outlaw's Den Objectives would increase EXP(Faction wide) by (50-100%). If you don't like to level quickly, then you can disable the buff which would affect all types of PvE and PvP.

The Dune Sea Objectives would increase your mount speed by (20-50%). I doubt anybody would disable this but there would be an option to do so.

Of course, you'll earn 2-5 warzone commendations per kill in these objective areas and you'll have to wait "x amount of time", (I'd say 2 minutes is good) before you can get commendations off of the person you killed. Idc if groups would farm this because it would get people geared up quicker and they won't walk into warzones with PvE gear.

What incentives would you put in place to encourage world PvP and on what planets?

cashogy_reborn
03.24.2014 , 10:42 AM | #2
I had posted some huge elaborate thing a while back with bases and timers for attacking them and that controlling bases would increase WZ comm and valor gain, but cba to find and cba to post it.

"We have no plans"

Also: Welcome back
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

SithEBM-Reborn
03.24.2014 , 11:20 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
I had posted some huge elaborate thing a while back with bases and timers for attacking them and that controlling bases would increase WZ comm and valor gain, but cba to find and cba to post it.

"We have no plans"

Also: Welcome back
Thank you good sir!

Uber_the_Goober
03.24.2014 , 01:51 PM | #4
What are you trying to DAoC up the place? Make it worthwhile to do open world PvP?

BLASPHEMY!!!

For reals though - this is a good non-exploitable way to encourage pvp. It might make questing on tatooine tough though...all those high level battles going on middle of the dune sea? You're guaranteed to be nuked within 500 meters of the objective zone, and everyone's class story takes them out there at least once.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

SithEBM-Reborn
03.24.2014 , 08:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
What are you trying to DAoC up the place? Make it worthwhile to do open world PvP?

BLASPHEMY!!!

For reals though - this is a good non-exploitable way to encourage pvp. It might make questing on tatooine tough though...all those high level battles going on middle of the dune sea? You're guaranteed to be nuked within 500 meters of the objective zone, and everyone's class story takes them out there at least once.
Yeah, you're right about the Dune Sea thing. Perhaps the benefits from the dune sea idea could merge with the outlaws den one(Or it could be moved to another place that wouldn't hurt people leveling as much). That way, people questing aren't hurt as much!

Thank you for your insight.

ShadowMudkip
03.24.2014 , 09:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM-Reborn View Post
The Dune Sea Objectives would increase your mount speed by (20-50%). I doubt anybody would disable this but there would be an option to do so.
Rofl Engine crash incoming. So says the Devs
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

Dedrayge
03.24.2014 , 09:16 PM | #7
Well, first, they'd actually need to improve the engine so it can support a large number of players in an area.

Anything done will have to be set up so high level players can't just run around ganking low level players and get rewarded for it.

For anyone familiar with GW2's eternal battleground, I wouldn't mind if they implemented something similar to it. Basically, just set up a large instanced zone that will keep factions balanced. This way, if people on the higher populated faction get tired of waiting in queue to enter the area they might just go roll the opposite faction. This would over all help with faction balance.

Of course, the instance being cross server would help a lot...But I don't see that happening...Don't really think we have the population anymore to really have a nice OWPVP zone with bases and objectives.
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

JediMasterSLC
03.24.2014 , 09:33 PM | #8
Welcome back and good idea. Glad you mentioned "idc if people exploit". At this point, worries about people exploiting need to go out the window. You can't just not give ANY content in an area of the game just because it could be potentially exploited.
55s: POT5- Kakarrotx-Sent, Paraguss-Sorc, Brawlly-Jug, Meleehealer-Mara
Bastion- Greenn-Mando, Radishz-Scoundrel, Trunkks-Shadow, Burdok-Sniper, Lettucce-PT

SithEBM-Reborn
03.24.2014 , 09:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowMudkip View Post
Rofl Engine crash incoming. So says the Devs
Yeah, they seriously need to upgrade their engine or modify it somehow. Nonetheless, instigating world PvP is very easy and it's obvious that PvP will die unless they somehow introduce Cross-Server and somehow implement world PvP so people aren't standing in the fleet all day.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dedrayge View Post
Well, first, they'd actually need to improve the engine so it can support a large number of players in an area.
I agree with the necessity of upgrading the engine. I wouldn't even care if I lost all of my characters if it allowed EA/BioWare to remake this game from the ground up again but at this point, I highly doubt that would ever happen.
Anything done will have to be set up so high level players can't just run around ganking low level players and get rewarded for it.
Yeah, I was shooting for a "Hellfire Peninsula/Terokkar Forest/Nagrand" sort of world PvP. Try to isolate the objectives in an area where people questing aren't in too much danger and give incentives for people to participate in world PvP.

For anyone familiar with GW2's eternal battleground, I wouldn't mind if they implemented something similar to it. Basically, just set up a large instanced zone that will keep factions balanced. This way, if people on the higher populated faction get tired of waiting in queue to enter the area they might just go roll the opposite faction. This would over all help with faction balance.
I'm not familiar with GW2 so I can't comment on that.
Of course, the instance being cross server would help a lot...But I don't see that happening
I think WoW started that too and it really helped deal with dead servers. I would definitely support Cross-Server in the outlaw's den area but it might be too complicated for BW to implement lol.
...Don't really think we have the population anymore to really have a nice OWPVP zone with bases and objectives.
It can't hurt to try but I don't think anybody can dispute the fact that the population took a major hit and it's going to continue to get worse unless BioWare steps up their game.

XXcaesar
03.24.2014 , 09:56 PM | #10
I've thought quite a bit about this after my recent move to a PVP server. "LOL SWTOR thanks you for your $40.00 and we're sorry for laughing in your face and calling this a PVP server"
First off all safe zones need to be abolished, it's a PVP server. The 3 warnings you get about the fact that you are choosing a PVP server should mean it's a PVP server!

Ok here is my thought on a way to encourage open world PVP with minimum coding. Make a instance for each world striped down, no NPC. Each planet would have a level spread. Each base could be a faction stronghold, nothing new added but an objective node at each taxi. When one faction controls all the bases, that planet is theirs.
This is repeated for all planets.
Rewards: Coms and valor for kills. I really like the OP idea of a increased mount speed. This could be a 2% boost per planet controlled faction wide. A monthly vanity reward for the faction that's controlling the most systems. There are a ton of little things that can be used in this scenario, guild ranks and titles for successful sacks of enemy outposts.

Or a simple solution, one striped down world instance half the size with 10x the crafting resources and chests. again you would need the planet level swing to be with in 5-6 levels.
Let human nature do the rest.
The cheapest solutions are going to be the most likely considered solutions. Good luck I hope this gets some traction and some type of open world PVP results.