Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Story, New Struggles, New companion!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
New Story, New Struggles, New companion!

Jackpacko
03.21.2014 , 12:34 PM | #1
Hello everyone sorry if this post is kind of long but I had some really good ideas about SWTOR that could really make the game story more fun. I wanted to say that a new Story-line update should come out soon describing the struggle of the Empire as the Republic starts to win the war. I saw the newest update about the two new flashpoints and story updates and I hope this touches on this subject. If not I would like to tell about some of my ideas.

1. Struggling Empire.
For the Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, Imperial Agent, and Bounty Hunter, I want to to be all about saving the Empire and stopping it's demise. Overall the Empire is falling and it can be the job of the Imperial player to help out. For instance, the Sith Inquisitor could be helping the Empire by discovering relics and using Dark Sith Rituals to make the player stronger. The Sith Warrior could be on the front lines, fighting the Republic and taking down strong enemies of the Empire. Finally the Imperial Agent and Bounty Hunter can go on mission to kill important Members of the Republic.

2. The Repubilc Grows Stronger.
The Republic's goal could be to force back the last of the Empire's forces on many if not all of the worlds. You as the player will make vital decisions to either save of sacrifice everything you have worked for. Personally I would love to see the Republic player making a decision that will affect his/her ENTIRE story afterward. The Jedi Knight could be the one who is going to many of the worlds wiping out Imperial Forces and taking down strong Imperial enemies. The Jedi Sage could go to planets such as Voss, Tython, Oricon, Ilum and other place strong in the force to find allies to further help the Republic. The Trooper should be responsible for leading Republic soldiers in battle. The flashpoint Battle of Ilum had many NPC Republic and Imperials fighting, I think that is what should happen in the Trooper story. Finally the Smuggler should help by delivering supplies to important battle sites.

3. New Companion
I am thinking that for each class they should get one more companion. I think this companion should have a class that YOU as the player choose. If you are an Imperial maybe you can make your companion a Sith Warrior, Inquisitor, Agent, or Bounty Hunter. On the Republic side you could make them a Jedi Knight, Consular, Trooper, or Smuggler. I think it should be just like character creation. You make how the Characters look and a built in script goes along with what you made them look like. For instance if your companion is Male he would have a Male voice. If you make it so that your companion can be a love interest, it will have the script for it. I think this would make having this companion more fun, and you feel that your companion is different from everyone elses. This companion should be unlocked a certain way, I am thinking they should be unlocked from the story. I think that once you get that companion you should be able to customize he/she IMMEDIATELY. This way you get to choose what they look like when you get them.

Hope everyone likes my ideas!

theUndead
03.21.2014 , 08:08 PM | #2
All those ideas have been brought up multiple times. A simple search would confirm it. The fact is that class stories are done and the devs have said this. Now while I wouldn't mind new content for stories it's just not going to happen, but a new companion would be nice.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger) The Duma Legacy (Shadowlands)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

MadHobbit
03.25.2014 , 10:59 PM | #3
while a new companion would be nice ,could use a unlock to get a 6th crew member to go on missions,with hk,treek,and another one could use one more to be able to go out