Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stasie's Galactic Starfighter Guide (Ships, Components, Crew, Tips)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Stasie's Galactic Starfighter Guide (Ships, Components, Crew, Tips)

Verain
04.21.2014 , 06:40 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by TrinityLyre View Post
If you're looking for the decided advantage in a Mangler/Quarrel (because by that logic, playing the other gunship is also wrong), I agree.
I would argue that losing max engine in exchange for efficient blaster is, um, wronger. The gap in effectiveness between the Type 1 and Type 2 gunships is bigger, of course, but the things that the Type 2 gunship is superior at- locking on a missile when low on railgun juice or versus targets that are unsnipable, mid range shooting while locking on a missile- at least mean that you are in theory choosing a different playstyle.

Instead, choosing efficient fire over power to engines will allow you to melee a tiny bit more, which already is the most energy efficient part of your damage cycle, and also the rarest.

Quote:
If the Efficient Fire buffed your Railgun, I'd definitely test that out.
I would definitely consider it a very interesting choice if this were true.

Quote:
It's kind of sad that stock gunship regen is so bad that picking up the regeneration talents early is almost mandatory. Without them, you do a small fraction of what the ship is capable of (in addition to being immobile and what amounts to a free kill). Gunships definitely get the short end of the stick in their stock format.
Well, at least they don't have rapid fire laser added to their chassis SOLELY for the point of making the stock ship awful and trapping new players, like certain scouts.

But yea, it's definitely silly.

Quote:
True, but the build is meant to be challenging, not something you drag in on a 12v12 aces battle (unless you're trying to feed kills or something).
Yea, true. If that's the intention I have no complaints.

Does this thread have a shield-to-engine converter thing in it yet? That's a definitely interesting subset of type 1 scouts.

MystbladeWA
04.21.2014 , 11:51 AM | #162
Just throwing my hat in the ring for new pilot guidance on Harbinger.

Republic: Apèx, Wardancer

Imperial: M'shén, Warsmíth
Harbringer Server Predator Legacy
GSF Pilots: Wardancer Apèx Warsmíth M'shén

Rollory
04.21.2014 , 02:16 PM | #163
Add me to the list of helpful volunteers.

Server: Ebon Hawk
Republic: Rhodogast
Imperial: Kelril

Altheran
04.21.2014 , 02:33 PM | #164
Nevermind

zaskar
04.21.2014 , 10:08 PM | #165
Pretty much everyone on pot5 is gone, go ahead and add me, my pilots are

Imp = Evae
Pub = Hylõ (ALT+0245)
IMPS -- Ryagrs / Zaskar / Evae / Kira'sa / Phrik / Xiok / Ge'tal / Imperius

PUBS -- Zarrk / Hylo / Zavul / Talvii / Yadira-ban / Yaggi / Zibdu / Kavod

dailus
04.22.2014 , 11:54 AM | #166
I notice that two of the scout builds have LLC and frequency capacitors recommended. I am trying this combination now, but not seeing a whole lot of difference between LLC & FC and rapid fires and damage capacitors. Do most of you see similar numbers when comparing these combinations as well?
DAILUS: MEMBER
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Zoom_VI
04.22.2014 , 02:40 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by dailus View Post
I notice that two of the scout builds have LLC and frequency capacitors recommended. I am trying this combination now, but not seeing a whole lot of difference between LLC & FC and rapid fires and damage capacitors. Do most of you see similar numbers when comparing these combinations as well?
People would actually have to use Rapids to actually be able to make that comparison.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Aves
Everything is fine, calm your Crinns

SammyGStatus
04.22.2014 , 02:46 PM | #168
There is a really good guide from a VERY good support pilot named Pylan hosted on constantwarfare.com (here) for the Clarion. This dude will sacrifice himself to make use of his HoT / shield abilities as well as being able to do some pretty good damage. Just wanted to spread the word if anyone is contemplating playing a support role and doing it well (he even topped the kill charts in one game!)

Side note - if you go to the mainpage, you can see a cheese-mold sculpture of Jokin's take of a Dustmaker. Pretty neat huh!
Aimbot / Renegade-One / Ashketar (IMP) - TEH's DAMAGE OVERCHARGE GSF GM
Leggogurl - Bane of Jung'Ma's Pub Pilots
Renegade-One (Harbinger) - <Irrelevant Squadron>

PetarJovanovic
04.22.2014 , 04:58 PM | #169
I'm willing to help aspiring/struggling pilots on my server.

Empire : Harlocke,
Republic : Korvydae

Tomb of Freedon Nadd, EU

TrinityLyre
04.23.2014 , 11:21 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
Does this thread have a shield-to-engine converter thing in it yet? That's a definitely interesting subset of type 1 scouts.
No, I've tried it and find it interesting but haven't yet had time to type a build for it. Add one!

I've added the helpful players to the community section among other things. Will address more later.
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Obsidian Squadron & Flying Circus Fighter Wing
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!