Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Infinate Empire vs Yuuzhan Vong

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Infinate Empire vs Yuuzhan Vong

jaytdasme
03.12.2014 , 08:56 PM | #1
What if the The Yuuzhan Vong invaded the Rakata infinite empire instead?

It's my understanding that the Rakata were an advance race of barbaric sith-like warrior/sorcerer type beings. The lore makes them out to all be darth level, drawing on the darkside. The force hounds alone were capable of taking on several je'daii alone. They had the star forge and control of about 500 worlds strong in the force. They were technologically advanced and stomped all that opposed them except for their mysterious plague.

The Yuuzhan Vong had no presence in the force and seemingly had a mild degree of force resistance. They had a lot in common with Rakata as they were also a war centered and dominating species. They more than gave the Galactic alliance a run but would they have wiped out the Rakata?
“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Aurbere
03.12.2014 , 09:00 PM | #2
Well that's an interesting match-up.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2014 , 09:11 PM | #3
Yes but let's take a look at something. Exactly what was around to actually oppose the Infinite Empire and give it a challenge? Aside from the Je'daii? Though tbh, Force Hounds are rather "eh" compared to much later Force Users, even Xesh isn't all that fantastic from what I know.

I mean they could probably challenge the Vong, but weren't the Vong able to fight against the Jedi of Luke's Order? Not really well versed with the Vong all that much.

Because as far as I know, the Infinite Empire's ships were these things which don't seem that impressive.

Starfighters the same way

Now I could see these walkers doing something maybe but what does the Vong have for their stuff?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
03.12.2014 , 09:19 PM | #4
The Vong are pretty much anti-Force user in nature, so I am curious as to how this would go down.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

jaytdasme
03.12.2014 , 09:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes but let's take a look at something. Exactly what was around to actually oppose the Infinite Empire and give it a challenge? Aside from the Je'daii? Though tbh, Force Hounds are rather "eh" compared to much later Force Users, even Xesh isn't all that fantastic from what I know.

I mean they could probably challenge the Vong, but weren't the Vong able to fight against the Jedi of Luke's Order? Not really well versed with the Vong all that much.

Because as far as I know, the Infinite Empire's ships were these things which don't seem that impressive.

Starfighters the same way

Now I could see these walkers doing something maybe but what does the Vong have for their stuff?
well the Yuuzong Vong invaded about 25ABY which doesn't give Luke a ton of time to put together a formidable Order. beyond the big names, Luke, Organa, etc.. i don't they they had much force user opposition even among the hidden sith that were regrouping.

Xesh is no Anakin... but he's nothing to sneeze at either. i'd say he could contend with more modern force users.

jaytdasme
03.12.2014 , 09:30 PM | #6
I'm really just trying to guage how strong the Rakata were... Did they rule so successfully because they were just so far ahead technologically and in terms of force understanding? or where they really Sup'd up Powerhouse race?

Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2014 , 09:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jaytdasme View Post
well the Yuuzong Vong invaded about 25ABY which doesn't give Luke a ton of time to put together a formidable Order. beyond the big names, Luke, Organa, etc.. i don't they they had much force user opposition even among the hidden sith that were regrouping.

Xesh is no Anakin... but he's nothing to sneeze at either. i'd say he could contend with more modern force users.
I'm not so sure about Xesh, don't think he would. I mean he came from a time when it was still early for just about everything, modern Jedi would have way more knowledge and understanding of how The Force works and combat forms than a Force Hound would.

Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2014 , 09:33 PM | #8
I'm really just trying to guage how strong the Rakata were... Did they rule so successfully because they were just so far ahead technologically and in terms of force understanding? or where they really Sup'd up Powerhouse race?
I wanna say the former, because what was around during their timeframe to give them any challenge? Because the Republic wasn't even around, same with the Sith IIRC. So...what was there?

Aurbere
03.12.2014 , 09:33 PM | #9
There isn't much information on them from what I've seen, but I haven't been reading much in that area.

Really, though, I'm not sure it matters against the Vong.

Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2014 , 09:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
There isn't much information on them from what I've seen, but I haven't been reading much in that area.

Really, though, I'm not sure it matters against the Vong.
I look at it as "Big fish(IE) in small pond(galaxy at the time)" kinda thing.