Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Palpatine's Death.

jaytdasme
03.09.2014 , 06:52 PM | #1
Was watching some fights scenes on Youtube and came across Palpatine's defeat and well..It was so unsatisfying...I wish Lucus would release an alternate scene where he's instead maybe Luke and Vader impale him together or something more dramatic. It was so anti-climatic. It was actually quite Humorous.. after like a 2min quadruple-take, vader just pick him up and toss him off the catwalk. He made it look like such an easy task, it's seems a little embarrassing it took so long to defeat him. Particularly because i'm aware of how powerful Sidious was. But the scene was like blowing out a candle in a sense.
“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Wolfninjajedi
03.09.2014 , 07:09 PM | #2
Seems fine to me, both him and Vader had to die so...yeah.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

jaytdasme
03.09.2014 , 07:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Seems fine to me, both him and Vader had to die so...yeah.
true.. but it was pretty lame. Most other sith lords are beheaded or impaled or something after an intense duel usually involving a couple jedi masters. But THE Sith lord gets plucked off a balcony?

weak..

Wolfninjajedi
03.09.2014 , 07:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jaytdasme View Post
true.. but it was pretty lame. Most other sith lords are beheaded or impaled or something after an intense duel usually involving a couple jedi masters. But THE Sith lord gets plucked off a balcony?

weak..
Not everyone can have a spectacular death.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

October
03.09.2014 , 08:23 PM | #5
I agree that someone as powerful as Sidious should have an epic battle that decides his fate, but I think it's fitting?

Like, it was completely unexpected and trivial. He'd spent a lifetime amassing his power only to be killed by the simplest of things/ways.

Just the other day I was imagining how a mighty Sith Lord might fall to the whims of nature, perhaps through a heart attack or something. Imagine he died that way. :P

YoshiRaphElan
03.09.2014 , 08:59 PM | #6

weak..
So intense violence = epic? Thrown off a balcony by his apprentice is about as epic as you can get, because Palpatine's death wasn't the point of that scene. It was Darth Vader's redemption. Palpatine's death was just a pleasant side effect.

jaytdasme
03.09.2014 , 09:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by October View Post
I agree that someone as powerful as Sidious should have an epic battle that decides his fate, but I think it's fitting?

Like, it was completely unexpected and trivial. He'd spent a lifetime amassing his power only to be killed by the simplest of things/ways.

Just the other day I was imagining how a mighty Sith Lord might fall to the whims of nature, perhaps through a heart attack or something. Imagine he died that way. :P

rofl star wars as we know it would implode if the great Darth Sidous died a heart attack. I'd LOL. but suffice to say, yea that would be way more lame.

jaytdasme
03.09.2014 , 09:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
So intense violence = epic? Thrown off a balcony by his apprentice is about as epic as you can get, because Palpatine's death wasn't the point of that scene. It was Darth Vader's redemption. Palpatine's death was just a pleasant side effect.
not necessarily Intense violence. For example Nomi Sunrider Stripped Kun from the Force and severed his connection. Which not only would have made a very epic scene but for most sith that would be a fate even worse than death and absolutely fitting for Sidious. I don't think it was a particularly violent process but i don't believe it was described as such.

granted i'll give you that.. yes the scene was more about Vader and Luke but they shouldn't just "oh by they way supreme dark overlord got tossed to the side..."

Aurbere
03.09.2014 , 10:00 PM | #9
not necessarily Intense violence. For example Nomi Sunrider Stripped Kun from the Force and severed his connection. Which not only would have made a very epic scene but for most sith that would be a fate even worse than death and absolutely fitting for Sidious. I don't think it was a particularly violent process but i don't believe it was described as such.

granted i'll give you that.. yes the scene was more about Vader and Luke but they shouldn't just "oh by they way supreme dark overlord got tossed to the side..."
Ulic Qel-Droma. Exar Kun was imprisoned on Yavin 4 by a massive Wall of Light.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

StarSquirrel
03.09.2014 , 11:20 PM | #10
Malgus got the shaft as well

I admit it was an homage to palps but still...
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard