Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will TESO / ESO kill this game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Will TESO / ESO kill this game?

Vid-szhite
03.06.2014 , 04:51 AM | #21
People have asked this about every damn game that's come out since SWTOR's release. Result? SWTOR is doing better than ever.

No, ESO is not going to kill this game. Most of what I hear in fleet chat are about how much ESO sucks, which is the total opposite of what I was hearing when GW2 came out.

AlrikFassbauer
03.06.2014 , 06:23 AM | #22
<S-key to victory> Because quad wheel is always better than dual wheel.

tekhiun
03.06.2014 , 06:34 AM | #23
Can you kill what is already dead ?

Anyway as stated most people play swtor because its star wars. However there is no AAA mmo that has been released since swtor ( and quite a few before it too ) that is inferior to it in anyway, different but not inferior and thats what has killed this game and why I think that as a gamer being a sub in this game is a bad investment, you will always get less for your money than you do on other games.

With that being said TESO / wildstar /gw2 and FF are slowly but surely taking players away from this game. Several players have left this game in other to focus on those. Most notably FF pretty much my entire guild has migrated to it.

Personally I am playing gw2 now, while I wait for TESOs realease
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

AlrikFassbauer
03.06.2014 , 12:46 PM | #24
I don't care about TESO, I have several offline Adventure games here.
<S-key to victory> Because quad wheel is always better than dual wheel.

PifferPuff
03.06.2014 , 02:50 PM | #25
*sigh* Oh look... it's this thread again.

1. ESO seem like another GW2 or Diablo 3. *yawn* The lame animatronic characters, and the look n' feel or ES's single-play versions put me off way back when, as did the fantasy / dark ages genre represented therein.

2. Wildstar looks plain retarded. I have zero interest in that game.

3. Honestly, I've been playing SW:TOR since launch, and I'm still here. Guess what that means for me... BW must be doing something right, right?

4. Balancing my time between this game, real-life, girlfriends, that game, the girl next door (or in my case, a FWB a few floors up that I cheat on my GF with - lol), that other MMO, work, working out, friends, part-time schooling, partying, going out, having a life, having fun, playing live shows/concerts, making out with random chicks during my 'day game' adventures, vacationing, traveling..... jeebus kristofs -- I'm a busy guy and didn't realize it. LOL.

But yeah... the "MMO killer" / "WoW killer" thing has been asked and answered time and time again, and continues to, to this day. And, the answers are always the same. The MMOs that are doing things right will stay, for as long as their IP rights are valid, and keep earning enough to stay afloat. And, so far, there hasn't been any MMO killers affect games that are good or good enough. In the end, people will play what they enjoy the most. As for me, it's SW:TOR, FF:XIV, and EVE Online -- and that's enough for me.

theUndead
03.06.2014 , 03:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by PifferPuff View Post
*sigh* Oh look... it's this thread again.

1. ESO seem like another GW2 or Diablo 3. *yawn* The lame animatronic characters, and the look n' feel or ES's single-play versions put me off way back when, as did the fantasy / dark ages genre represented therein.

2. Wildstar looks plain retarded. I have zero interest in that game.

3. Honestly, I've been playing SW:TOR since launch, and I'm still here. Guess what that means for me... BW must be doing something right, right?

4. Balancing my time between this game, real-life, girlfriends, that game, the girl next door (or in my case, a FWB a few floors up that I cheat on my GF with - lol), that other MMO, work, working out, friends, part-time schooling, partying, going out, having a life, having fun, playing live shows/concerts, making out with random chicks during my 'day game' adventures, vacationing, traveling..... jeebus kristofs -- I'm a busy guy and didn't realize it. LOL.

But yeah... the "MMO killer" / "WoW killer" thing has been asked and answered time and time again, and continues to, to this day. And, the answers are always the same. The MMOs that are doing things right will stay, for as long as their IP rights are valid, and keep earning enough to stay afloat. And, so far, there hasn't been any MMO killers affect games that are good or good enough. In the end, people will play what they enjoy the most. As for me, it's SW:TOR, FF:XIV, and EVE Online -- and that's enough for me.
This post right here made my day. You sir have an awesome life.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

tXHereticXt
03.06.2014 , 04:05 PM | #27
Dips happen often enough to where it shouldn't be a concern. The hype surrounding ESO will die off, some will come back and others will move on.

terzappi
03.06.2014 , 04:23 PM | #28
I've played TESO and... I didn't like it...

But tor is already dying.
Akhen - Sage Healer Neferneferuaten - Trooper Healer
Smenkhara - Scoundrel Healer Amenophis - Guardian false tank

From 14/12/2011 to 09/03/2014. Waiting for real contents.

psandak
03.06.2014 , 04:31 PM | #29
Every MMO I have ever played has had these gloom and doom "here comes the <insert MMO> killer." Well I'm here to tell you that the closest any MMO came to killing another was WoW killing EQ1. And guess what, EQ1 is still up and running. And it is still expanding: they released that game's 20th expansion back in October.

Mistress_Ivi
03.06.2014 , 11:25 PM | #30
I've personally bought myself a collector edition of ESO and if they've solved the crash issues some people have when it is released, I'll be playing it full time quite contently. At least for the first month. I've seen pvp footage of people taking keeps, I've played all the newbie areas personally - so I'll likely take my time within those! But it also allows me to make any race for any faction (something this game lacked when it first came out).

In order for SWTOR to survive new games coming out, they need to reduce the charges in the cartel market or reduce the cost to sub. The newer games are giving you more BANG for your buck; will likely continue to... and that means any existing game needs to adapt their system to compete - or lose players.

Am I gone for good? Only playing the "completed" game for a month will tell if I ever come back here for a time. Has it killed SWTOR? Unlikely. SWG survived 8 years - only thing that killed it was these 'lovely' people in EA whom couldn't handle some people liked a different Starwars MMO.

But because it's the only Starwars MMO that'll be standing, it'll stick around.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!